What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Am I crazy? - Or is this trade? (1 Viewer)

dbc925

Footballguy
14 team IDP league with 3DL, 3LB and 3 DB. 6 pts for a passing TD. Owner A has Trey Lance and Ryan Tannehill at QB. Lance gets hurt, and on Tuesday morning, he trades DB Nate Hobbs to his brother for Jimmy G.

I think this is probably the most lopsided trade I’ve ever seen. But no response from the commish.

In fact, it would have gone unaddressed if I hadn't traded Joe Burrow for a DL this morning, Then it drew attention. The commish sent out an e-mail detailing why the first trade was OK and the second was just a test of the league limits (he wasn’t wrong about that part).

Is there any universe where Hobbs for a Jimmy G makes any sense as fair?

Not the greatest trade in the world but Jimmy G isn't really all that anyway. What does the other guy have left at QB? If it's his 3rd or 4th QB and he needs DB help it can be argued that it betters his team even if the trade isn't the greatest.

Have the brothers pulled off questionable trades in the past? Is this a pattern behavior? I think it would warrant at least the commish asking the rationale to Team B for why he would give away a starting QB for next to nothing and to let him know he is on notice if the answer is questionable.

14 team IDP league with 3DL, 3LB and 3 DB. 6 pts for a passing TD. Owner A has Trey Lance and Ryan Tannehill at QB. Lance gets hurt, and on Tuesday morning, he trades DB Nate Hobbs to his brother for Jimmy G.

I think this is probably the most lopsided trade I’ve ever seen. But no response from the commish.

In fact, it would have gone unaddressed if I hadn't traded Joe Burrow for a DL this morning, Then it drew attention. The commish sent out an e-mail detailing why the first trade was OK and the second was just a test of the league limits (he wasn’t wrong about that part).

Is there any universe where Hobbs for a Jimmy G makes any sense as fair?
No there probably isn't but it's not the commissioners job to decide what is a fair trade or an unfair trade. His job is to decide whether it was collusion. Every owner values players differently. It's not the commissioners job to tell them what the value of a player is.

And the commissioner was correct in addressing the second trade. It wasn't done to better your roster or for fantasy football purposes, as you admitted. It was done to test the league limits.

Commish handled it the way he should. And if anything, he should reverse the second trade.

Users who are viewing this thread