What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

An Oral History Of The Wrens’ The Meadowlands (1 Viewer)

:wub:

Easily one of my all-time favorites. I haven't listened to it in a while, it'll definitely be accompanying me on my evening commute. Thanks for posting.

I fashion myself as "up to date" on music and have been for a while. In 2003 I was playing in two Austin bands and generally thinking I was moments away from some sort of rock celebrity.

And this is the first time I've ever heard this record. And it is FANTASTIC.

http://pitchfork.com/features/articles/9219-the-wrens/

They never landed the big opening slot for a platinum act or even spent much time out on the road at all. Instead, they spent their time recording and stashing away hundreds of demos the world would never hear. While they did eventually get offered a big, seven-figure record contract-- the one that conventional wisdom says an aspiring band would be crazy not to sign-- they walked away from it.
:eek:

As much as I was a big music guy all through the 90's and in to the early 2000's, I had never heard this record until I saw the tread a few weeks ago.

May be my favorite record of "then" or now or whatever. Thank you for introducing me to these guys.

Users who are viewing this thread