What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

And in today's least surprising news...Antonio Brown in police stand-off (1 Viewer)

This is very sad. The man has had undiagnosed mental health issues for years and years. He needs medical help.
My first thought was that had he received the help he so obviously needed, many of the subsequent issues could have been avoided.

OK, in all truth that was my 2nd thought. My 1st thought was Austin Powers saying, "who throws a shoe? Honestly."

Still unclear what went on.

The Tampa Police Department clarified, via Brock, that “there is ‘not an ongoing standoff'” after several “attempts to take Antonio Brown into custody”. The police said Brown is “not communicating”, and the police are “not sure if he’s even in [the]home at this point, but do not want to risk officer safety over [a] misdemeanor charge”, Brook wrote.

Sad.

The guy could have been the poster boy for a rags-to-riches NFL Cinderella story, but the events of the past few years... 😥

Reminds me of when some Karen hears a door slam and next thing you know Facebook and NextDoor are blowing up with "Active Shooter" alerts.

The Tampa Police Department clarified, via Brock, that “there is ‘not an ongoing standoff'” after several “attempts to take Antonio Brown into custody”. The police said Brown is “not communicating”, and the police are “not sure if he’s even in [the]home at this point, but do not want to risk officer safety over [a] misdemeanor charge”, Brook wrote.
The MSN report says he threw a chick out of the house, after assaulting her and throwing a shoe at her. Then he threw her stuff on the street.

She called the cops and he refused to come to the door. So they were using a megaphone to try to get him to come out, which I’m sure didn’t escalate it at all.
/s

Cops said they’d wait as long as it takes, which is a refreshing change.

The MSN report says he threw a chick out of the house, after assaulting her and throwing a shoe at her. Then he threw her stuff on the street.

She called the cops and he refused to come to the door. So they were using a megaphone to try to get him to come out, which I’m sure didn’t escalate it at all.
/s

Assuming the woman knew who he was, WTF would she go home with him? Like playing Russian roulette

/s

Assuming the woman knew who he was, WTF would she go home with him? Like playing Russian roulette
It may have been his ex. :shrug:

/s

It may have been his ex. :shrug:
Even dumber. She should know better

/s

Maybe she doesn't follow football that closely? Not everyone is as obsessed as we are. "Oh I remember you, you were on the steelers!" is still knowing him.

Also let's be honest folks, if he weren't Antonio Brown this is a nothing burger.

I think they should do a reboot of The Running Man with Antonio Brown, DMX and R Kelly as contest participants.

I meant in the movies, not in real life. No, wait....
The Bachman Books were a favorite of mine in my youth.

I remember reading Fahrenheit 451 for the second time when I was around 18, and being tweaked a little when I noticed that Ray Bradbury referred to Guy Montag as "The Running Man."
I was immediately disappointed in Stephen King for that, but realized it was probably just an homage to one of his own favorite authors.

I was a such a heavy investor in AB the last few years that I still got PTSD when I see a negative story come out about him. I am not joking. I'm like trained to get negative every time I hear a bad story come out on him and have to remind myself I'm free of this mess.

Users who are viewing this thread