What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Another auction question. Moving 12 teams to 10 (1 Viewer)

Who am I?

Footballguy
Unfortunately, one of my big money auction leagues is considering dropping from 12 teams to 10. I hate this.

I have years of historical data to reference. How do values change when going from 12 teams to 10? My initial thought was higher supply (more players available at certain tiers) therefore, less demand (value of players). But then I realized everyone still had the same amount of money to build the same roster as before. So do values remain relatively unchanged?

Anyone ever switched from a 12 to 10 team auction league?

Thanks 

I would think the prices would go down due to supply and demand.  There will be more players available and less (overall) money available to get them 

Last edited by a moderator:
Unfortunately, one of my big money auction leagues is considering dropping from 12 teams to 10. I hate this.

I have years of historical data to reference. How do values change when going from 12 teams to 10? My initial thought was higher supply (more players available at certain tiers) therefore, less demand (value of players). But then I realized everyone still had the same amount of money to build the same roster as before. So do values remain relatively unchanged?

Anyone ever switched from a 12 to 10 team auction league?

Thanks 
We went from 14 to 12 in 2019 and from 12 to 10 in 2021. 

Fewer players will be drafted (by 2 x number of spots per roster), which means the $1 players in a 10-team league are likely to be better than the $1 players in a 12-team league. This makes the stars-and-scrubs strategy more viable, which means the stars will go for more money. If that happens, some of the mid-tier guys will go for less money. 

Last edited by a moderator:

Fewer players will be drafted (by 2 x number of spots per roster), which means the $1 players in a 10-team league are likely to be better than the $1 players in a 12-team league. This makes the stars-and-scrubs strategy more viable, which means the stars will go for more money. If that happens, some of the mid-tier guys will go for less money. 
This is good insight. The change in salaries will be tilted towards the stars. 

I’ve never gone down to ten teams but the drop from 16 teams to 12 was huge. Studs and duds strategy is so much more viable in small leagues where you can find receivers and often running backs on waivers which will score points. Unless it’s super flex, you might not even bother with a backup QB or TE; or if you do you can get one extremely cheap. 

I’ve never gone down to ten teams but the drop from 16 teams to 12 was huge. Studs and duds strategy is so much more viable in small leagues where you can find receivers and often running backs on waivers which will score points. Unless it’s super flex, you might not even bother with a backup QB or TE; or if you do you can get one extremely cheap. 
Yep. The league I described is Superflex so most teams take 3 QBs. 

Users who are viewing this thread