What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Another killing at the hands of the Police (4 Viewers)

Everytime I see a live shot of LA I see more people with their hands ziptied behind their backs
Seems like they're serious about enforcing the curfew.   Just saw about helicopter footage of about 100 people handcuffed in Hollywood.

Last edited by a moderator:
Car plowed through a line of cops in Buffalo. Unbelievable.

https://twitter.com/waynedupreeshow/status/1267651160627916800?s=21
Looks like they ran over at least two cops. I hope someone got the license plate because it didn’t look like they were able to pursue at all with all the cops on foot. 
This article has another angle that shows that the SUV came through a cloud of tear gas. This article says that at least one of the officers is at a local hospital with "serious but not life-threatening" injuries. People in the car were arrested.

This looks to be the best article I've seen on the incident. Says that the car had 3 occupants, two of which were gunshot victims. Unclear if they were shot by police or someone else, or if the vehicle intentionally targeted officers.

Yeah... I just googled them as I've never heard of them before, clicked on "Solutions" and I'm not seeing anything close to what he's saying here.
Only 5% of all arrests made in America are for violent crimes. Meanwhile, the vast majority of arrests are for low level offenses that pose no threat to public safety. Police departments should decriminalize or de-prioritize enforcement of these issues
Reduce police budgets in accordance with the reduction in policing that results from ending the enforcement of low-level offenses and redistribute these funds into scaling up community-based alternatives
I mean Joe even started a thread and that is literally from the first part of their plan on the link Joe posted.

The Insurrection Act was used to restore order in Los Angeles the last time it was invoked.  It was 1992 the last time it was used, it's not ancient history.  Nobody is advocating for turning anything or anyone loose on peaceful protesters, at least anyone here that I've seen.  Peaceful protest is a right.  What was occurring in 1992, the looting and arson currently occurring, that's not peaceful protest.  It's obviously gotten beyond the ability of local authorities to control.  It can't go on unchecked and indefinite.  As far as I know, the Insurrection Act has yet to be implemented by President Trump but honestly this has gone beyond what I would have thought it would have taken for him to use it.
The mayor requested the military help. Trump is threatening to force it. 

Glad to see minneapolis is pretty much calm for the second night I’m a row.  Granted they had a head start on alot of these other cities.   

hope a bunch of these other big cites follow suit tomorrow night.   

The Justice Department has deployed all of it law enforcement components.   :thumbup:

George Floyd condemns the people doing vandalism, tells everyone to do it a different way.   :thumbup:

Sound like most of us are on the same page.  
I believe most of us ARE on the same page. Unfortunately the peaceful protesters get lumped in with the looters and the people who are looking for violence. No one here is supporting the looting. Trump said today he was a friend of the peaceful protesters, then the DC police (or military personnel?) fired tear gas and rubber bullets at a group of them.

We need to be supportive of the protesters, not the looters.

Looks like they ran over at least two cops. I hope someone got the license plate because it didn’t look like they were able to pursue at all with all the cops on foot. 
Conflicting stories as to whether the driver was arrested or shot and taken to hospital.   You can hear the gunshots in a video from another angle.

The Justice Department has deployed all of it law enforcement components.   :thumbup:

George Floyd condemns the people doing vandalism, tells everyone to do it a different way.   :thumbup:

Actually we are. 
Though many of us strongly disagree on Trump, on the role of groups like Antifa, on the proper way forward here, even possibly about systemic racism, we all seem to agree on two important points: 

1. What happened to George Floyd was wrong. 
2. Rioting, looting, burning is wrong. 

It’s a start. 

How did he do that?  He was murdered by cops.

Just think of being a hardcore criminal. Being able to go around and case out stores during the day fake or real protesting and knowing full well you can break into those stores with a good plan (or maybe even no plan) a few hours later.   Just a dream come true for a lot of people unfortunately.  

Gosh, this had never occurred to me. Hate to burst Tony’s bubble, he was so invested in blaming Antifa:

https://www.nbcnews.com/tech/security/twitter-takes-down-washington-protest-disinformation-bot-behavior-n1221456
Someone actually wrote a story about one fake tweet that got removed.  We have cities burning, massive looting, violence....but no, let's write a story about a fake tweet so we can point the finger at white supremists.   That is why media gets a bad rap.  They deserve it.  

Someone actually wrote a story about one fake tweet that got removed.  We have cities burning, massive looting, violence....but no, let's write a story about a fake tweet so we can point the finger at white supremists.   That is why media gets a bad rap.  They deserve it.  
Stop it. 

That tweet was posted in this thread as proof that its antifa.  The fact that it was white supremacists is news worthy of reporting.

1. Why is it ridiculous?

2. Who made you the arbiter of what news is worth reporting?
It is 100 percent deflection to put 'white nationalists' in the headlines.  It is ####### ridiculous in lieu of what is hapoening around the country.  Their whole concern is spinning their leftwing narrative.  It's a joke story.  Everyone knows the internet has fake profiles.  

It is 100 percent deflection to put 'white nationalists' in the headlines.  It is ####### ridiculous in lieu of what is hapoening around the country.  Their whole concern is spinning their leftwing narrative.  It's a joke story.  Everyone knows the internet has fake profiles.  
Wait - so when there’s evidence that a different group with different motives is posing as ANTIFA (the group that the President made a big part of the current narrative) its not newsworthy?  

Or is your contention that the fake profile group aren’t white nationalists?  I sincerely don’t k ow. 

If you also criticized articles claiming Antifa is inciting violence or you also criticized the POTUS for his tweets on Antifa, then this seems fair.  If not, then not.

Wait - so when there’s evidence that a different group with different motives is posing as ANTIFA (the group that the President made a big part of the current narrative) its not newsworthy?  

Or is your contention that the fake profile group aren’t white nationalists?  I sincerely don’t k ow. 
My contention is that making a big deal about a fake tweet is moronic.  I don't care if it is the Presidrnt or the media or some poster.  It proves nothing except that in a country of 350 million people there is one idiot making a stupid tweet that was rightfully removed.  If you think that is a headline worthy news story while citied burn, i have no words. 

If you also criticized articles claiming Antifa is inciting violence or you also criticized the POTUS for his tweets on Antifa, then this seems fair.  If not, then not.
Exactly...everything is fake unless it supports his narrative.  With the beating ANTIFA is taking in the news it is very relevant to the overall conversation.  

I have said the President is an idiot on numerous occassions.  90 percent of the time he speaks.  

Exactly...everything is fake unless it supports his narrative.  With the beating ANTIFA is taking in the news it is very relevant to the overall conversation.  
You guys can't stay on topic.  Instead you resort to making it personal.  That is why discourse in this country (and this forum) goes down hill....but yeah it is my faukt for stating an opinion.  

Users who are viewing this thread