What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Another killing at the hands of the Police (9 Viewers)

If you also criticized articles claiming Antifa is inciting violence or you also criticized the POTUS for his tweets on Antifa, then this seems fair.  If not, then not.
I have said the President is an idiot on numerous occassions.  90 percent of the time he speaks.
I think you're missing the forest for the trees here.  POTUS and right-wing groups have been blaming Antifa specifically for the riots for days.  Did you call any of them out for it?  Literally, the Twitter account in question was called out in this very thread as proof that Antifa is to blame.  Yet, it's not newsworthy when that specific Twitter account is shown to be right-wing militants posing as Antifa?  You're on an island on this one.

You guys can't stay on topic.  Instead you resort to making it personal.  That is why discourse in this country (and this forum) goes down hill....but yeah it is my faukt for stating an opinion.  
Your opinion is that everyone else is wrong about this.  We are saying you are wrong about this and it is newsworthy given the situation

I think you're missing the forest for the trees here.  POTUS and right-wing groups have been blaming Antifa specifically for the riots for days.  Did you call any of them out for it?  Literally, the Twitter account in question was called out in this very thread as proof that Antifa is to blame.  Yet, it's not newsworthy when that specific Twitter account is shown to be right-wing militants posing as Antifa?  You're on an island on this one.
I really don't care what label is put on a group.  Antifa, white nationalists...whatever.  it is all meaningless political rhetoric.  Each side is looking for boogymen.  The fact is we have cities in flames, people looting, and massive violence in the streets.  That is real.  

Your opinion is that everyone else is wrong about this.  We are saying you are wrong about this and it is newsworthy given the situation
What exactly am i wrong about?  And please don't put fake words in my mouth like is always done in this place. 

I really don't care what label is put on a group.  Antifa, white nationalists...whatever.  it is all meaningless political rhetoric.  Each side is looking for boogymen.  The fact is we have cities in flames, people looting, and massive violence in the streets.  That is real.  
Sometimes labels do matter.  When Group X simultaneously poses as Group Y to incite violence and goes on TV screaming about Group Y inciting violence, it matters.  When POTUS picks up that screaming about Group Y and amplifies it, it matters.

Presumably the twitter account was reported by the media as evidence that ANTIFA was behind the riots - otherwise I’m not sure how a poster in this thread would have stumbled across it to support that very premise. If it’s newsworthy as evidence of ANTIFA’s role in this mess, it’s newsworthy when it’s revealed that another group or individual was fraudulently posing as ANTIFA in an effort to incite riots and pin the blame on others. It is incredulous that anyone would object to simply reporting on the development.

Does that mean ANTIFA isn’t involved?  Of course not. Indeed, the fake twitter account was designed to attract ANTIFA sympathizers to engage in criminal behavior. It wasn’t designed to rally white supremacists. 

Can I ask, who is officially participating in the riots?  In order of magnitude, assign a percentage.  I think you knuckleheads agree more than you disagree.

General Protestors

Bad protestors

Opportunistic anarchists

Organized anarchists (far left antifa)

Organized left movements (BLM, ACAB)

Opportunistic criminals

Organized White supremacists (far right)

Donald Trump

Other?

Last edited by a moderator:
What exactly am i wrong about?  And please don't put fake words in my mouth like is always done in this place. 
I suggest you pause and take a breath. You’re unnecessarily digging your heels on something I’m guessing you don’t actually feel that strongly about (not trying to put words in your mouth - this stems from my view of you as a reasonable and rational person). Reporting isn’t a finite resource. There is tons of reporting on the looting, arson and violence. I’ve been consuming that reporting pretty much constantly for days now. It’s not going to get drowned out by a story about this fake twitter account. 

Presumably the twitter account was reported by the media as evidence that ANTIFA was behind the riots - otherwise I’m not sure how a poster in this thread would have stumbled across it to support that very premise. If it’s newsworthy as evidence of ANTIFA’s role in this mess, it’s newsworthy when it’s revealed that another group or individual was fraudulently posing as ANTIFA in an effort to incite riots and pin the blame on others. It is incredulous that anyone would object to simply reporting on the development.

Does that mean ANTIFA isn’t involved?  Of course not. Indeed, the fake twitter account was designed to attract ANTIFA sympathizers to engage in criminal behavior. It wasn’t designed to rally white supremacists. 
My understanding is Antifa is not really a group, it is just a term for those militant against what they see as fascism.  Doesn't seem that far off.  There is violence going on and it is coming from the left.  It is pretty obvious.

Are we really arguing whether there are far right or far left groups taking advantage of this situation?  If you truly believe it is one and not the other, I think you may be blinded by partisanship.  I believe that most of the protesters have every intention of being peaceful.  Some are opportunistic #######s that are looking for a reason to tear crap up.  Some get caught up in the mob mentality when things pop off.  And I also believe there are bad actors from BOTH SIDES taking advantage of the whole thing. 

Horrible, sad time for our country..

My understanding is Antifa is not really a group, it is just a term for those militant against what they see as fascism.  Doesn't seem that far off.  There is violence going on and it is coming from the left.  It is pretty obvious.
I'd hazard to say that 99% of the people protesting in the streets and 100% of the rioters/looters didn't vote Trump

the left is exactly who's doing this right now, not the right

Are we really arguing whether there are far right or far left groups taking advantage of this situation?  If you truly believe it is one and not the other, I think you may be blinded by partisanship.  I believe that most of the protesters have every intention of being peaceful.  Some are opportunistic #######s that are looking for a reason to tear crap up.  Some get caught up in the mob mentality when things pop off.  And I also believe there are bad actors from BOTH SIDES taking advantage of the whole thing. 

Horrible, sad time for our country..
This is the correct answer.  

I suggest you pause and take a breath. Your unnecessarily digging your heels on something I’m guessing you don’t actually feel that strongly about (not trying to put words in your mouth - this stems from my view of you as a reasonable and rational person). Reporting isn’t a finite resource. There is tons of reporting on the looting, arson and violence. I’ve been consuming that reporting pretty much constantly for days now. It’s not going to get drowned out by a story about this fake twitter report. 
Yah, reporting of something is not the problem* it’s the crappy use of said reporting to make a crappy Argument by crappy people that’s the problem.  That’s a generality, not aimed at a poster here.

*my asterisk is only to say that slanted, selective “reporting” by folks with an agenda is a problem because most people can’t see through it and it divides this country.  I didn’t even click that link so wasn’t about that.

We have terrible disinformation campaigns going on in social media.  Actors are trying to divide us.  It's not going to get any better as we get closer to the election.  We have too many Americans who are falling for this fake crap and sharing it with others.  We even have that going on here and we're largely wiser than your average American (in my opinion). The American public needs to be continually warned about this stuff.  I welcome all such articles as long as they are truthful.  

I suggest you pause and take a breath. Your unnecessarily digging your heels on something I’m guessing you don’t actually feel that strongly about (not trying to put words in your mouth - this stems from my view of you as a reasonable and rational person). Reporting isn’t a finite resource. There is tons of reporting on the looting, arson and violence. I’ve been consuming that reporting pretty much constantly for days now. It’s not going to get drowned out by a story about this fake twitter account. 
I feel strongly about agenda driven media which has been dominated by the left for decades.   I am sick of them telling us everytime conservatives demonstrate they are all white nationalist because they found one clown.  Or in this case, making headlines about one clown to distract from the leftwing roots of these riots.  

Can I ask, who is officially participating in the riots?  In order of magnitude, assign a percentage.  I think you knuckleheads agree more than you disagree.

General Protestors

Opportunistic anarchists

Opportunistic criminals

Donald Trump

Other?
If you are participating in riots, you're not a general protester, in my opinion.

I feel strongly about agenda driven media which has been dominated by the left for decades.   I am sick if them telling us everytime conservatives demonstrate they are all white nationalist because they found one clown.  Or in this case, making headlines about one clown to distract from the leftwing roots if these riots.  
So it doesn't matter if their are white nationalists groups out there taking advantage of this situation...as long as the news is putting the screws to the left you are happy.  Lucky for you can just watch fox news all day

I'd hazard to say that 99% of the people protesting in the streets and 100% of the rioters/looters didn't vote Trump

the left is exactly who's doing this right now, not the right
My guess since 40% of Americans don't even vote in the first place and the voting numbers by young people is also low, alot of the rioters/looters don't vote for anyone. 

I feel strongly about agenda driven media which has been dominated by the left for decades.   I am sick if them telling us everytime conservatives demonstrate they are all white nationalist because they found one clown.  Or in this case, making headlines about one clown to distract from the leftwing roots if these riots.  
Well, the report is newsworthy given the prior notoriety of this particular account. I’m sorry it bothers you. 

General Protestors

Opportunistic anarchists

Opportunistic criminals

Donald Trump

Other?
I think this varies so much by city. In MKE i would say 95% general protesters. 5% various chuckleheads. During the day it is more like 99.5% general. At night mostly troublemakers. 

General Protestors

Opportunistic anarchists

Opportunistic criminals

Donald Trump

Other?
I'd say "opportunistic anarchists", "organized anarchists" and "opportunistic criminals".  It seems that there are organized peaceful protests where organized anarchists get opportunistic anarchists to begin rioting and looting.  Then opportunistic criminals start looting in other sections of the city once they see that the police force is either stretched too thin or will not do anything to prevent the criminal activity.  I think I saw reports that there were also instances where organized white supremacists will infiltrate the rioting and looting and pose as leftists anarchists.  But general protestors and organized movements I don't believe are behind any of this.  Donald Trump, what?     

I'd say "opportunistic anarchists", "organized anarchists" and "opportunistic criminals".  It seems that there are organized peaceful protests where organized anarchists get opportunistic anarchists to begin rioting and looting.  Then opportunistic criminals start looting in other sections of the city once they see that the police force is either stretched too thin or will not do anything to prevent the criminal activity.  I think I saw reports that there were also instances where organized white supremacists will infiltrate the rioting and looting and pose as leftists anarchists.  But general protestors and organized movements I don't believe are behind any of this.  Donald Trump, what?     
Well i think a lot of the damage is done by anarchists I don't think i would even say they are the ones responsible for the looting.  Anarchists aren't ones to steal a big screen tv.  Super generalization but i think the looting is mostly just criminals.  If they weren't doing this they would be stealing from cars

Well, this report is newsworthy given the prior notoriety of this particular account. I’m sorry it bothers you. 
When was it niteworthy?  Did CNN or NBC ever reoort on this account.  It was some rsndkm unverified account which anyone could make up in 10 seconds.  I am sure some gulliable people ran with it.  But that happens millions of times everyday.  

Well i think a lot of the damage is done by anarchists I don't think i would even say they are the ones responsible for the looting.  Anarchists aren't ones to steal a big screen tv.  Super generalization but i think the looting is mostly just criminals.  If they weren't doing this they would be stealing from cars
The organized anarchists rile the crowds up and then the opportunistic anarchists riot/loot.  Then the opportunistic criminals start looting in the neighborhoods.

When was it niteworthy?  Did CNN or NBC ever reoort on this account.  It was some rsndkm unverified account which anyone could make up in 10 seconds.  I am sure some gulliable people ran with it.  But that happens millions of times everyday.  
Look at your typing. You’re clearly exercised about this. Seriously, take a pause. 

Edit: And, yes, the account was indeed notable and reported on. Otherwise, I wouldn’t have known about it. By CNN specifically?  I have no idea. 

Seems your take would be very different if Trump supporters were doing this. 

Seems your take would be very different if Trump supporters were doing this. 
It directionally makes sense to me.

Why is it political?

If people with Trump signs were looting then yah Trump supporters

If people with Biden signs then yah Biden.

Nobody running around with campaign swag

It directionally makes sense to me.

Why is it political?

If people with Trump signs were looting then yah Trump supporters

If people with Biden signs then yah Biden.

Nobody running around with campaign swag
When anarchist protest, violence happens.  Let's not pretend there is a disconnect.  

People doubling down defending Antifa in here. It's what the left has become.apparently. 
That is truly sad.  The message about the tragedy of George Floyd is being overtaken by those who hate America and wants to destroy her.  How someone could defend Antifa and the destruction they are causing, is beyond belief.  This violence and destruction of our cities isn't about George Floyd and everyone knows it. It's purely based upon their brown shirt ideology and destruction of America's beliefs, constitution, and way of life, disguised as a movement about George Floyd.   The peaceful protesters message is lost because of the destruction. 

That is truly sad.  The message about the tragedy of George Floyd is being overtaken by those who hate America and wants to destroy her.  How someone could defend Antifa and the destruction they are causing, is beyond belief.  This violence and destruction of our cities isn't about George Floyd and everyone knows it. It's purely based upon their brown shirt ideology and destruction of America's beliefs, constitution, and way of life, disguised as a movement about George Floyd. 
again link?

I feel strongly about agenda driven media which has been dominated by the left for decades.   I am sick of them telling us everytime conservatives demonstrate they are all white nationalist because they found one clown.  Or in this case, making headlines about one clown to distract from the leftwing roots of these riots.  
sounds like you have an agenda yourself.

General Protestors  5%  (to me folks protesting who just get cuagut up in it)

Bad protestors  25%  (protestors ready to cause trouble)

Opportunistic anarchists 15% (white skateboarders!!!)

Organized anarchists (far left antifa) 5-10%

Organized left movements (BLM, ACAB)  5-10%

Opportunistic criminals  30%

Organized White supremacists (far right)  <5%

Donald Trump  😀

Other?
Taking my own poll.  Fire away.

Users who are viewing this thread