What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Another killing at the hands of the Police (5 Viewers)

I specifically mentioned looters in philly in my first post about this. That's where the baseball bat guys were from.

I didnt add philly after the fact. Talk about disingenuous. 
But why tf does it matter where it's from? So if we don't want vigilantes? We had to condemn the looters in that specific place, not just in general? Seems arbitrary to me but keep going. 

But why tf does it matter where it's from? So if we don't want vigilantes? We had to condemn the looters in that specific place, not just in general? Seems arbitrary to me but keep going. 
Yeah if the bat wielding people would have been from anywhere else...they still would have been discussed.

Does anyone think that behavior is actually a good idea?

Yeah if the bat wielding people would have been from anywhere else...they still would have been discussed.

Does anyone think that behavior is actually a good idea?
I'll admit it's not preferable, so no.  But I do sympathize with citizens/business owners in these areas.  I'm more surprised we haven't seen more than this.  I'd probably be spending the night inside my business with hired help to back me up if I had a business that was in a vulnerable area.

Who are they?

Are they protecting their businesses?

Are they protecting their homes/neighborhoods?

Are they vigilantes?

You don’t know, neither do I
Do you think its a good idea?  I don’t believe i made a claim of who they are.

Seems very much vigilante by definition.

You don't have to condemn anybody. I made an observation of behavior I found odd. I stand by that. You and @whoknew basically fabricated stuff and called me dishonest. So yeah, I will "keep going." 

I'll admit it's not preferable, so no.  But I do sympathize with citizens/business owners in these areas.  I'm more surprised we haven't seen more than this.  I'd probably be spending the night inside my business with hired help to back me up if I had a business that was in a vulnerable area.
If they were just that...sure...do you think all of them were just business owners? 

I sympathize with business owners...but IMO, that behavior is pushing for more escalation and makes it worse.

Do you think its a good idea?  I don’t believe i made a claim of who they are.

Seems very much vigilante by definition.
Fox just showed a live shot of a decent sized group of people in Philly  standing out in front of their homes armed with guns and baseball bats to protect their homes and families 

Was a very quiet scene, no one was rioting or looting on that block

🤷🏻‍♂️

Why did the news terrorize us with social distancing, masks, not shaking hands, not hugging etc and yet now nobody seems to care?
Because maybe, just maybe...this is even bigger right now and more pressing to report on.  And even with that they have still been discussing it.

And they terrorized you?

Last edited by a moderator:
Fox just showed a live shot of a decent sized group of people in Philly  standing out in front of their homes armed with guns and baseball bats to protect their homes and families 

Was a very quiet scene, no one was rioting or looting on that block

🤷🏻‍♂️
And videos and tweets earlier showed it differently as well.

Do you think its a good idea?

Last edited by a moderator:
If they were just that...sure...do you think all of them were just business owners? 

I sympathize with business owners...but IMO, that behavior is pushing for more escalation and makes it worse.
I don't know who they were.  If they attacked others then they should be arrested just as anyone else.  I just remember in the Rodney King riots the business owners lining up on rooftops with shotguns to try and protect their stores and shops when the police couldn't.  We haven't seen very much of that this time.

I don't recall the military being set loose on peaceful protesters there, so no, I'm not forgetting them.
I don’t recall antifa organizing mass anarchy back then either.  I don’t recall media celebrities encouraging the destruction of minority communities back then either

I don't know who they were.  If they attacked others then they should be arrested just as anyone else.  I just remember in the Rodney King riots the business owners lining up on rooftops with shotguns to try and protect their stores and shops when the police couldn't.  We haven't seen very much of that this time.
The Koreans had AK47's and were just firing away at looters. It was so bad that the cops weren't even going into those parts of town. It wasn't them looking the other way, they just weren't there to see it.

I honestly can't imagine why anyone would want to be a cop after this.  

Just standing on the street trying to keep order and crowds are running up and shoving phones in your face saying God knows what. Who the hell needs it?
There are people that think everything would be just fine with almost no police officers and just decriminalizing 95% of crime. 

I honestly can't imagine why anyone would want to be a cop after this.  

Just standing on the street trying to keep order and crowds are running up and shoving phones in your face saying God knows what. Who the hell needs it?
Agreed and unfortunately, the folks who are likely to still want to be a cop after this are the exact types you don't want. Will become a vicious cycle. 

Wait...you said earlier you didn't known who they all were.  You know well im not asking if just defending your home is ok.
I’m talking about the people I posted about that I saw on tv

I have no idea who the people were that a picture of was posted on Twitter and won’t speculate like you are

People make bad choices every day. 
They showed a line of pastors in philly on Saturday. All shaking hands and hugging opposing cops. Not a single mask or glove seen. 

The reporter said NOTHING. 

Yet I was told STAY HOME STAY SAFE and can't hug or kiss my own family members. 

Unconfirmed reports of a garage fire a block from where my best bud lives in South Minneapolis. Haven't been able to get ahold of him yet  :unsure:
Thankfully looks to have been a fake Citizen app report or something. Buddy finally got back to me after an hour with a "just took the garbage out and didn't smell anything." 

Another quiet night so far in MN -- definitely still reports of State Police and National Guard running all over the city in small groups, but it seems like they're responding to individual incidents. The curfew had been pushed back to 10pm today and there are no highway closures.

The Justice Department has deployed all of it law enforcement components.   :thumbup:

George Floyd condemns the people doing vandalism, tells everyone to do it a different way.   :thumbup:

Sound like most of us are on the same page.  

I’m talking about the people I posted about that I saw on tv

I have no idea who the people were that a picture of was posted on Twitter and won’t speculate like you are
And my question was about the overall idea and pictures and was asked before any discussion of what fox was showing.

Anyway...have a good night...not going to jeep going back and forth on this.

Video from the peaceful protest when (30 minutes before curfew) the military police dispersed the crowd with tear gas to clear the area for Trump's photo-op.
There is an account going around from a woman saying she is a rector at the church...pretty terrible.  People and medics were set up on the patio handing out waters and being ready to help anyone...then groups were showing up being tear gassed and they were removed/pushed back by police so he could take a staged photo op.

Users who are viewing this thread