What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Another NFL Pothead Idiot Arrested: This Time, Jason Snelling (1 Viewer)

A fullback for the Atlanta Falcons was unable to evade local law enforcement Friday morning.

Jason Snelling was arrested by the Winder Police Department and charged with possession of marijuana and various traffic charges after a traffic stop.

At approximately 3:35 a.m., a black Lincoln Navigator driven by Snelling was observed unable to stay in its lane by a WPD officer on traffic patrol.

After initiating a traffic stop, the officer noticed “a strong odor of marijuana coming from the vehicle.”

Snelling told the officer he had been smoking marijuana earlier in the evening and was coming from a friend’s home.

“I asked Mr. Snelling if there was any other marijuana in the vehicle, and he told me that there was a grinder in the center console of the vehicle and that it had a little bit of marijuana left in it,” the arresting officer wrote in his report. “… I searched the vehicle and located a metal grinder where Mr. Snelling had said it was.”

While the vehicle was being searched, another officer speaking with Snelling noticed he was repeatedly swallowing during their conversation.

The officer asked Snelling to open his mouth, and observed several green leafy particles inside.

Snelling denied eating any marijuana.

Shortly thereafter, at 4:20 a.m., Snelling was placed under arrest and transported to the Barrow County Detention Center.

While the vehicle was being searched, another officer speaking with Snelling noticed he was repeatedly swallowing during their conversation.

The officer asked Snelling to open his mouth, and observed several green leafy particles inside.

:lol:

Totally outrageous that A guy got pulled over for swerving his car over some painted lines. On another note, two beautiful 17 year old twin sisters just got murdered here in Washington state by another guy doing the same harmless thing. We need to cut these guys some slack.

Meh. A lot more average people smoke weed than anyone probably realizes. The police seized a thousand pounds of it in a little town in Kentucky last month and it didn't even put a dent in the supply chain. I don't see any reason athletes shouldn't be able to get high if they want to.

Now the driving while high part is a concern, but I've got no problem with anyone who smokes up.

These guys are idiots for smoking as professional athletes because they have so much to lose, but not for smoking in general. I really have a hard time believing people actually have a problem with bud in 2013.

Also, being high doesn't cause you to swerve. Driving while stoned is exponentially safer than let's say, driving drunk. Odds are good Snelling was just a #### driver in the first place.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can't believe no one mentioned the best part:

No insurance, license, or registration. How dumb can someone be? This man has made roughly $4mm in the last 7 years, pay someone to take care of this stuff!!

Edit: well the license he has to do himself, maybe take an hour in the offseason?

Can't believe no one mentioned the best part:

No insurance, license, or registration. How dumb can someone be? This man has made roughly $4mm in the last 7 years, pay someone to take care of this stuff!!

Edit: well the license he has to do himself, maybe take an hour in the offseason?
Yes, this is dumber than the herb part in my eyes.

ryno1980 said:
Police state we live in is ridiculous.
:goodposting:

Pretty ridiculous that we can't drive around stoned at 3:00 in the morning without catching some flack.
How's this for flack... You are getting all preachy and square about this yet you are apparently cool with your screen name based off a family that habitually gets caught drinking and driving and is always slapped on the wrist?

Don't believe me?

http://www.lmgtfy.com/?q=ditka+dui

His son is the worse and should be locked up, but alas was just recently let off again with community service. Just a matter of time before they kill someone, glad I don't live in the West Suburbs of Chicago.

ryno1980 said:

Pretty ridiculous that we can't drive around stoned at 3:00 in the morning without catching some flack.
How's this for flack... You are getting all preachy and square about this yet you are apparently cool with your screen name based off a family that habitually gets caught drinking and driving and is always slapped on the wrist?

Don't believe me?

His son is the worse and should be locked up, but alas was just recently let off again with community service. Just a matter of time before they kill someone, glad I don't live in the West Suburbs of Chicago.
Is that why I never can understand what he says on ESPN. Is he always sauced?

ryno1980 said:

How's this for flack... You are getting all preachy and square about this yet you are apparently cool with your screen name based off a family that habitually gets caught drinking and driving and is always slapped on the wrist? Don't believe me?

:lmao:

The best part of these arrests are how much more attractive Seattle and Denver become in the eyes of free agents.
He would still get in trouble there. If you are intoxicated while driving, that is not legal in Seattle or Denver. If was pulled over erratic driving, smelled like weed, and was eating it...that is still an arrestable offense.

Yeah, the NFL ban on weed is silly.

They rather have the guys out drinking than smoking weed. Call me crazy, but I would say more negative things happen while drunk than high.....and I don't smoke week ever, so this isn't some biased viewpoint.

The NFL tests for weed? I'll bet a lot more guys use it than you think, even some of the so called "clean cut" guys.

The NFL tests for mary-jane in preseason, by that time camp has started and guys are not sitting around the house with friends or out partying as much. Players know it is coming and as long as they pass typically the NFL doesn't bother them again during the season etc...

Now you do what Bowe and Snelling did, you're gonna be asked to pee in a cup. I wish I had the audio but it was on one of the big shows this week, I was surprised as I thought these guys were doing pee tests every month or two.

The NFL tests for mary-jane in preseason, by that time camp has started and guys are not sitting around the house with friends or out partying as much. Players know it is coming and as long as they pass typically the NFL doesn't bother them again during the season etc...

Now you do what Bowe and Snelling did, you're gonna be asked to pee in a cup. I wish I had the audio but it was on one of the big shows this week, I was surprised as I thought these guys were doing pee tests every month or two.
I'm pretty sure this is correct. I know a couple guys in the league who smoke. If it was tested for that strictly, there would be a whole lot more players getting dirty tests. You rarely hear of an NFL guy getting popped for weed. It just doesn't happen unless you completely screw up.

EBF said:
Limp Ditka said:

:lol:
Snelling at 4:20 a.m.

NNrrrgnnhh yrrmmmm ggglllppggggh mmfrnn

flapgreen said:
Ministry of Pain said:

I'm pretty sure this is correct. I know a couple guys in the league who smoke. If it was tested for that strictly, there would be a whole lot more players getting dirty tests. You rarely hear of an NFL guy getting popped for weed. It just doesn't happen unless you completely screw up.
I would think a fairly large amount of players use marijuana and alcohol pretty regularly as self-medication for the pain they put themselves through.

Users who are viewing this thread