What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Antonio Bryant signs with SF (1 Viewer)

5Rings

Lurker
Supposed to be announced tomorrow. 5 year deal.

Since I don't have a link, I put "rumor" in the title....ok? :D

49er management got bashed by the know-nothings over the Lloyd deal, where they got 2 mid-round picks for a team annoyance/2nd-rate receiver.

I'm sure they'll get bashed by the same folks for this signing of a much better player because of the Parcells incident 2 years ago.

Bryant >> Lloyd, no question, plus they have the two picks to help rebuild. :thumbup:

Last edited by a moderator:
If you guys think this is a good signing, your in for a rude awakening. He will not see that 5yrs in SF, mark it.

Bryant is an improvement, but Alex Smith is still under center, right?

Bryant's fantasy value has dropped.

If you guys think this is a good signing, your in for a rude awakening. He will not see that 5yrs in SF, mark it.
Antonio Bryant + 3rd and 4th Rounders > Lloyd. And I like Lloyd's talent, but given the headaches he was causing in SF, I think this is a great move by the 9ers.

Don't really like the signing if true. I would rather have Givens at those type of years. The Niners have had enough headcases over the years, if true, I guess they never learn. Team chemistry is very important to a rebuilding franchise. If it's an insentive laden contract then I would ok with it, this way we can get rid of him quickly if he gets back to his old ways.

Antonio Bryant + 3rd and 4th Rounders > Lloyd. And I like Lloyd's talent, but given the headaches he was causing in SF, I think this is a great move by the 9ers.
I would imagine The Tuna would argue that ABryant is one huge headache. It looks like Nolan and Company are now desperate for WR help. ABryant might be an average #2 in the NFL, but a #1 I doubt. Add his history of off the field problems and this looks like a bad sign. These idiots need a plan (Dr. York you suck). Nolan may be an OK coach, but at the rate the team is "rebuilding," he will not be around to enjoy the fruits of his labor. I see another 4-12 type season.

This is a good move by the 49's. Their not going to do anything for the next couple of years, so you basically get high draft picks to build on and sign guys like Bryant to keep the bench warm until the good players develop.

49er management got bashed by the know-nothings over the Lloyd deal, where they got 2 mid-round picks for a team annoyance/2nd-rate receiver.

I'm sure they'll get bashed by the same folks for this signing of a much better player because of the Parcells incident 2 years ago.

Bryant >> Lloyd, no question, plus they have the two picks to help rebuild. :thumbup:
Definately. Both moves were solid. As for his fantasy value, no serious change. He's playing for yet another new team but he has also gotten better each year. Smith is in his second year and should show considerable improvement unless he's one of those who just doesnt have what it takes. Bryant had neither a great QB nor a pass heavy offense in Cleveland.

The dispute with Parcels was over him not starting. However immature he handled the situation, that was Bryant's ignition.

If true, this hurts the Browns big. Their top 2 receivers are now Dennis Northcutt and Frisman Jackson.

Yes, I know, what about Edwards? He'll be ready mid-season at best and even then, who knows?

Chad Jackson in the draft, anyone?

If true, this hurts the Browns big. Their top 2 receivers are now Dennis Northcutt and Frisman Jackson.

Yes, I know, what about Edwards? He'll be ready mid-season at best and even then, who knows?

don't forget Joey J!!

If true, this hurts the Browns big.  Their top 2 receivers are now Dennis Northcutt and Frisman Jackson.

Yes, I know, what about Edwards?  He'll be ready mid-season at best and even then, who knows?

don't forget Joey J!!
Oh yeah, he did just sign, didn't he? He's definitely not a #1, but a decent #2, and great #3.And Winslow will be back, but who knows what that's worth now.

Isn't the Soldier on schedule to be ready for the start of the season?

:thumbup:

49ers, Bryant agree in principle to deal

Monday, March 13, 2006 at 07:58:47 PT - Print it

Source: 49erswebzone.com

According to Scout.com, the San Francisco 49ers have agreed in principle on a deal with free agent wide receiver Antonio Bryant. Everything could be set pending a medical exam.

Bryant visited with the San Francisco 49ers yesterday. The Sacramento Bee states that Bryant left optimistic that the two sides would agree to a deal. Something could be announced as early as this morning.

"It's looking up, and everything seems to be heading in the right direction," said Bryant.

Bryant met with coach Mike Nolan, offensive coordinator Norv Turner and receivers coach Jerry Sullivan before leaving to get an MRI. There have been many questions about Bryant's attitude and maturity. Bryant said that he tried to assure 49ers coaches the attitude issues were behind him.

"I want to show them that I can set an example for the other receivers if I do come here," he said.

Bryant spent the last two seasons with the Cleveland Browns and was drafted in 2002 by the Dallas Cowboys. Known throughout his career as a troubled player, Nolan and the team may be willing to take a risk on him. Statistically, last season was his best year when he amassed 1009 yards receiving on 69 catches with 4 touchdowns.

Romeo draft a WR with Ngata, Greenway, Jimmy Williams or Bunkley on the board? I doubt it.It all depends on how the team feels about Edwards and Winslow's recovery. If they are on schedule for a full recovery then they don't need to draft a WR, at least early. I wouldn't be surprised to see them draft Moss if he slipped to them in the 2nd or a WR in the 3rd.

If true, this hurts the Browns big.  Their top 2 receivers are now Dennis Northcutt and Frisman Jackson.

Yes, I know, what about Edwards?  He'll be ready mid-season at best and even then, who knows?

Romeo draft a WR with Ngata, Greenway, Jimmy Williams or Bunkley on the board? I doubt it.It all depends on how the team feels about Edwards and Winslow's recovery. If they are on schedule for a full recovery then they don't need to draft a WR, at least early. I wouldn't be surprised to see them draft Moss if he slipped to them in the 2nd or a WR in the 3rd.
:shrug: That's one of the questions that I have: "What is Ted Washington's role?"If they feel he's still an every down NT, even at 38, then there's no need for Bunkley or Ngata. And there's rumors of them taking looks at some FA linebackers.

Smith, if you believe Lloyd gave you a headache, just wait. Bryant is going to make you wish you'd kept Lloyd. I can't believe what I'm reading on the thread, this is insane. It seems that people are looking at his talent, this is one case in which the package out weighs the product. He may give you a game or two when he'll get 100+ yds and maybe a TD or two, then 5 or 6 games of 15-70 yds and 0 TDs. I wish SF good luck with this one, the good Lord knows you'll need it.

:shrug: That's one of the questions that I have: "What is Ted Washington's role?"If they feel he's still an every down NT, even at 38, then there's no need for Bunkley or Ngata. And there's rumors of them taking looks at some FA linebackers.
I don't have the link here, but word is that Lavar Arrington is visiting Cleveland.

Northcutt and Juravicious are serviceable players at least until Edwards comes back. Winslow could be huge if he truely recovered. Drafting a WR now to eventually play opposite Edwards should still be in their minds but its not a major neccessity in the age of free agency.

Smith, if you believe Lloyd gave you a headache, just wait. Bryant is going to make you wish you'd kept Lloyd. I can't believe what I'm reading on the thread, this is insane. It seems that people are looking at his talent, this is one case in which the package out weighs the product. He may give you a game or two when he'll get 100+ yds and maybe a TD or two, then 5 or 6 games of 15-70 yds and 0 TDs. I wish SF good luck with this one, the good Lord knows you'll need it.
From what I've heard about both of them, Lloyd is a much bigger problem than Bryant. Lloyd has been a locker room cancer but Bryant was mostly fine once he got to Cleveland and learning not to throw his shirt at the coach.

More interesting will be when the 49ers, theoretically, draft Vernon Davis.

Given Davis and Bryant, Alex Smith will be given a better opportunity to show that he's worth the #1.

Northcutt and Juravicious are serviceable players at least until Edwards comes back. Winslow could be huge if he truely recovered. Drafting a WR now to eventually play opposite Edwards should still be in their minds but its not a major neccessity in the age of free agency.
Crennel is clearly attempting to recreate the Ravens and Bucs Super Bowl teams by building through defense and running the ball. WR doesn't seem to be the focus of the offense and they already have their premier WR if he comes back healthy.

Don't know if anyone has mentioned this but in case you don't remember, Bryant is the guy who threw his jersey in Bill parcell's face. He was promptly shipped out of Dallas. this kid is a mjor talent who would have been a first round pick if here weren't a complete punk. That is all he is, a punk.

Don't know if anyone has mentioned this but in case you don't remember, Bryant is the guy who threw his jersey in Bill parcell's face. He was promptly shipped out of Dallas. this kid is a mjor talent who would have been a first round pick if here weren't a complete punk. That is all he is, a punk.
He's also the guy that was ZERO problem (as far as I know) for Cleveland the last two years where he went 58/812/4 (in 8 games) and 69/1009/4.Randy Moss is a punk, too. But talent is talent (no, Bryant <> Moss) and being a punk only docks you so much in the NFL where you're surrounded by other punks.

Given Davis and Bryant, Alex Smith will be given a better opportunity to show that he's worth the #1.
Good call. I think Nolan will have to resist his urge as a former DC to take Hawk and go with VD, who will do wonders for the entire team. Playmaker. Matchup problem. Security blanket for Smith. If Johnson is healthy, SF can actually throw or run out of two TE sets unlike last year. VD is a great fit.

Good call. I think Nolan will have to resist his urge as a former DC to take Hawk and go with VD, who will do wonders for the entire team. Playmaker. Matchup problem. Security blanket for Smith. If Johnson is healthy, SF can actually throw or run out of two TE sets unlike last year. VD is a great fit.
It would seem that San Fran and VD go together like punch and pie. :unsure:

You're right, he was a punk and Parcells did the right thing getting rid of him. However, he seems to have learned from it and grown up.

Eric Johnson is in the final year of his contract and is due $2.2M this year. I'm expecting him to get cut and the 49ers to get VD.

Eric Johnson is in the final year of his contract and is due $2.2M this year. I'm expecting him to get cut and the 49ers to get VD.
If EJ isnt' healthy, then I expect them to release him. BUT if he is healthy, EJ and VD would be a nice pair of TE's.

Users who are viewing this thread