What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Any chance H.Nicks gets traded? (1 Viewer)

Amused to Death said:
In case it wasn't apparent, his targets went down from 2011 to 2012 (he played two less games but was targetted 25% less often) and he missed a lot of time in 2012 with lingering injury. He dislocated a finger this week, but other than that has been healthy this season, he does appear to be dragging his feet since his 0 target game. I just don't think he wants to play for the Giants anymore, I'm sure there is a lot of spite between him and the organization.
According to ESPN, Nicks was targeted 8.9 times per game in '11 and 7.7 times per game in '12 (13.5% drop).
100/133 = 0.75?

Last edited by a moderator:
Amused to Death said:
In case it wasn't apparent, his targets went down from 2011 to 2012 (he played two less games but was targetted 25% less often) and he missed a lot of time in 2012 with lingering injury. He dislocated a finger this week, but other than that has been healthy this season, he does appear to be dragging his feet since his 0 target game. I just don't think he wants to play for the Giants anymore, I'm sure there is a lot of spite between him and the organization.
According to ESPN, Nicks was targeted 8.9 times per game in '11 and 7.7 times per game in '12 (13.5% drop).
100/133 = 0.75?
Per-game targets? 7.7/8.9=.865? His involvement in the passing game dropped little more than 1 target per game between '11 & '12.

Amused to Death said:
100/133 = 0.75?
Per-game targets? 7.7/8.9=.865? His involvement in the passing game dropped little more than 1 target per game between '11 & '12.
He lost 33 targets in the three fewer games. In 2012 he was utilized in exactly 100 plays as opposed to the 176 in 2011.

Slice it however you want, it doesn't change what I said above, he had a significant drop in targets and utilization last year.

Amused to Death said:
100/133 = 0.75?
He lost 33 targets in the three fewer games. In 2012 he was utilized in exactly 100 plays as opposed to the 176 in 2011.

Slice it however you want, it doesn't change what I said above, he had a significant drop in targets and utilization last year.
Your numbers are wrong...He played 2 fewer games in '11 (15 vs. 13). He had 100 targets in '12 and 133 targets in '11. On a game-by-game basis, he was targeted about 1 less time per game. They "utilized" him less because he played less.

Rotoworld:

The Giants are reportedly "resisting all overtures" for Hakeem Nicks.
The Giants will listen to offers ahead of Tuesday's deadline, but his value isn't very high right now because of how poorly he's performed on the field. The G-Men are unlikely to get the second- or third-round pick they desire. Additionally, beat man Dan Graziano says the 1-6 Giants haven't yet given up on their season or the idea of re-signing Nicks after this year. NFL Network's Ian Rapoport chimed in Sunday morning, saying the Giants aren't planning on trading Nicks, but rival execs believe a third-round pick would do the trick if they change their mind.

Source: ESPN.com

Let's say the Colts, Patriots, and Panthers are the front runners should the Giants decide they can't sign, or don't want to sign Nicks to a long term deal next year. What would each team be willing to give up to obtain Nicks? I'm sure whoever signs him now hopes to be able to sign him to a long term deal next year, or they would slap the franchise tag on him. I'm sure the Giants don't want to chance it that they don't receive any compensation next year should he sign as a free agent to another team. Also, any compensatory picks aren't guaranteed, because that wouldn't take place until 2015 and they are not only based on who you lose, but also who you sign. The Giants are also in poor cap shape for 2014.

I would say the best landing spot is Carolina. What would they have to give up? I'm sure a 3rd rd pick would get it done as far as NY is concerned, but my gut tells me the most anyone would pay is a 4th rd pick.

I don't think NE would part with their picks, because we all know how they feel about those picks each year. Having said that, NE needs to face the music, they aren't winning anything with those WRs.

The Colts could sure use him, but they already overpaid for Richardson. Not sure what they could, or would, offer for Nicks.

Let's say the Colts, Patriots, and Panthers are the front runners should the Giants decide they can't sign, or don't want to sign Nicks to a long term deal next year. What would each team be willing to give up to obtain Nicks? I'm sure whoever signs him now hopes to be able to sign him to a long term deal next year, or they would slap the franchise tag on him. I'm sure the Giants don't want to chance it that they don't receive any compensation next year should he sign as a free agent to another team. Also, any compensatory picks aren't guaranteed, because that wouldn't take place until 2015 and they are not only based on who you lose, but also who you sign. The Giants are also in poor cap shape for 2014.
I doubt the Giants made many free agent signings so the comp pick should be a 3rd or 4th at worst. If the Giants were offered a 3rd they'd probably take it but a 4th by itself they probably take their chances on the comp pick in 2015.

I doubt the Giants made many free agent signings so the comp pick should be a 3rd or 4th at worst. If the Giants were offered a 3rd they'd probably take it but a 4th by itself they probably take their chances on the comp pick in 2015.
With the way the Giants have been drafting lately they may be asking for more than a 3rd.

The Giants are delusional. I guess they think they can win the division now.

They are only two games out if first place. It's delusional to think the cowboys have any killer instinct to pull away.

Users who are viewing this thread