What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Any Chance the Cardinals (1 Viewer)

Killerclown

Footballguy
Do they have enough cap room to pull it off. The offense would be insane and they could use their draft picks to build their defense.

Nope.

That would require spending the families hard earn money. Bidwells are not spending the money the AZ taxpayers donated to the Bidwell cauffers.

Cpep'scontravt is to big, Edge will want top 5 RB money, Bidwells don't pay top anything!!

i dont know how smart that would be either

Culpepper is coming off a MAJOR knee injury, and Edge is 28

He's had a boat load of touches over the years and is gonna hit the wall soon, probably within the next 2 seasons

and who knows if Culpepper was a product of Moss or not

VERY VERY risky in my opinion, and expensive risky is not something Arizona will do i dont think

I'd like to watch them trying to play behind that offensive line.
You would be surprised how "good" an offensive line can become once they have a decent running back behind them. I think the holes where there there was just no one to run through them. The Cards were playing from behind a lot too. Since both running backs were non existant, the opposing defenses could blitz the heck out of them and it really wears a line out. Once they have a decent running game, teams wont be able to do that. Just my two cents of course.

You would be surprised how "good" an offensive line can become once they have a decent running back behind them. I think the holes where there there was just no one to run through them. The Cards were playing from behind a lot too. Since both running backs were non existant, the opposing defenses could blitz the heck out of them and it really wears a line out. Once they have a decent running game, teams wont be able to do that. Just my two cents of course.
I hear you, and I think that would be a good point to make for most teams with poor offensive lines. But the Cards have an offensive line that transcends awful. They are historically bad, historic-record settingly bad. They were arguably the worst offensive line in the last 30 years.

You would be surprised how "good" an offensive line can become once they have a decent running back behind them. I think the holes where there there was just no one to run through them. The Cards were playing from behind a lot too. Since both running backs were non existant, the opposing defenses could blitz the heck out of them and it really wears a line out. Once they have a decent running game, teams wont be able to do that.

Just my two cents of course.
I hear you, and I think that would be a good point to make for most teams with poor offensive lines. But the Cards have an offensive line that transcends awful. They are historically bad, historic-record settingly bad. They were arguably the worst offensive line in the last 30 years.
I assume you did not get David Carrs opinion on who has the worst O-Line in the last 30 years? His record breaking sack totals should give you some idea. The cards are BRUTAL!!!, ut Houston is the worst.

I assume you did not get David Carrs opinion on who has the worst O-Line in the last 30 years? His record breaking sack totals should give you some idea. The cards are BRUTAL!!!, ut Houston is the worst.
Hey, at least the Texans could run-block some, judging from Domanick Davis' numbers. Not something you could say about the Cards!

As a Seattle homer I would love to see the Cardinals burn up their funds on skill position players.

Hey, at least the Texans could run-block some, judging from Domanick Davis' numbers. Not something you could say about the Cards!
I think that is more of an endorsement of Dom's talents as a RB than it is the credit of his o-line. When Davis was out, everyone seem to struggle.I am not advocating that the Cards have a strong o-line, but their pass blocking had to be better than Clevland,SF,Houston,NO, the Jets and GrennBay and a few others for Fitz and Boldin to rack up those nmbers last year.

Users who are viewing this thread