What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Any updates on Marion Barber's status? (1 Viewer)

T. Bagger

Footballguy
If he almost certainly won't play I'd consider rolling with Choice.

The other possiblities (besides Portis, who's starting no matter what) are LJ and an almost unplayable under the circumstances Jamal Lewis.

Last word I heard was Barber still has pain and they're trying to fit him with a new shoe. Seeing as how Choice would probably get close to 20 carries if MB is out or limited, I'd sooner go that way than take a chance on the suddenly pass happy Herm Edwards giving LJ 20 carries.

Just wondering if there's any more recent Barber news available.

:thumbdown: and lol at the username.

The whole "fitting him" with stuff gives me great pause. That almost makes him a no-start for me no matter what they say. I just can't handle a 3-carry and out game. If my back was against the wall however, then fine. And since it is a later game, some may be afforded that knowledge, in which case, roll them bones, as I see him badly wanting to redeem himself (and shove it in the face of his owner) on national t.v....against the Giants, no less.

Tough, tough call...

Latest I've read is that he can run straight with no problem but cannot cut. He's a GTD this week. Cowboy fans are hoping he'll sit out and let the torn ligaments heal more before trying it again. Choice proved he could play at a high level.

Its a tough call. Barber is a warrior. But if he can't cut, he should continue to sit. Especially if Choice is playing well.

Barber may be able to gut it out. But I sure would not expect anything out of him.

wish the cowgirls had an early game. I have to decide between Avery (looks like he's hit the rookie wall) Sidney Rice, and Choice. I really want to play Choice, but wish I knew Barber would at least be limited before putting him in.

Latest I've read is that he can run straight with no problem but cannot cut. He's a GTD this week. Cowboy fans are hoping he'll sit out and let the torn ligaments heal more before trying it again. Choice proved he could play at a high level.

Its a tough call. Barber is a warrior. But if he can't cut, he should continue to sit. Especially if Choice is playing well.

Barber may be able to gut it out. But I sure would not expect anything out of him.
Where is it said that he has torn ligaments? Could this be a smoke screen by the Cowboys?

Man o man I really don't want to start the likes of Sammie Morris or K. Smith :banned:

Last edited by a moderator:
I just hope we have some clarity tomorrow. Honestly, I hope he sits tomorrow as the worst thing would be for him to play for two series then sit out.

Word I got is that he didn't look all that good in the limited participation he took in practice this week. He's not even walking well.

From my perspective, being listed as "questionable" leans closer to doubtful than probable, if you follow what I'm saying.

Bumping this back to the top just to find out what people are doing with Barber/Choice. Sticky at top of forums is just for injury news not outlooks so don't point me there.

Do you roll with barber and his "limited" carries? or throw Choice in and hope Barber doesn't actually get much?

Bumping this back to the top just to find out what people are doing with Barber/Choice. Sticky at top of forums is just for injury news not outlooks so don't point me there. Do you roll with barber and his "limited" carries? or throw Choice in and hope Barber doesn't actually get much?
I have the choice in a PPR to go with either Barber, Choice, Lynch, or Stewart. I'm going with Lynch since I know he should get the majority of carries. I can't risk waiting until tonight and picking the wrong guy.

Users who are viewing this thread