What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Any upside to these guys (1 Viewer)

butch350

Footballguy
Hi All

I ened up with these guys in the draft, I was wondering what people thought about them from here on out?

Hi All I ened up with these guys in the draft, I was wondering what people thought about them from here on out?
I think they both fall into the category of possible bye week fill-in, at best. Neither one will be a featured back in their systems, and neither one gets goal-line looks.D-Will has shown some explosiveness in the pass game in the past, and could be a slightly better option in a PPR format.

Maroney is the most overrated back in FF. He's in an RBBC and doesn't get many goal-line carries or catch many passes. He's best to use later in the season when other NE backs are banged up and they have to rely on him more.

Williams looks to be in a 50-50 RBBC, the half that doesn't get the goal-line carries but plays on most passing downs. He's a reasonable play in PPR leagues, especially against weak opponents like Atlanta.

Do they have much value if the counter parts are out? will they be the feature back or still split carries?

Do they have much value if the counter parts are out? will they be the feature back or still split carries?
Williams would be the feature back, but could still lose GL carries to a Hoover or Goings type.There is no way to tell what Belichick would do. Last year, when Morris went out, Maroney's workload did not increase right away. They just threw more. Maroney wasn't used like a #1 back until the cold-weather games at the end of the season. But who knows what would happen this year.

D. Williams needs to be released. He's in the same situation Priest Holmes was in when he was in Baltimore. The team doesn't have a clue how to use him. They want a power running game and he fits an offense that is exlposive and spread out.

Fox is an idiot.

Users who are viewing this thread