What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Any Willie Parker trades today in your leagues? (1 Viewer)

Slash

Footballguy
Have any of you traded or traded for Willie Parker today, or seen someone else do it, and if so what did Willie Parker go for? Post if you've seen any Willie Parker trades.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was offered brandon lloyd(wr)..........i laughed at him. :lmao:I want a wr for him on the lines of d.branch-chad johnson-j.horn-s.smith.

I was offered brandon lloyd(wr)..........i laughed at him. :lmao:

I want a wr for him on the lines of d.branch-chad johnson-j.horn-s.smith.
I own him in all the leagues that I'm in and no one has approached me yet. Based on comments made by people on here, I'm going to try to pacakge Willie with a half decent WR and go after TO.

I offered Parker, Staley and Stollworth for either DJax, Wayne or Ward -- his RB2 in 2RB league is DeShaun Foster

I was offered R Moss + Givens + filler for Parker + Staley + Mi. Clayton + Delhomme. Team offering lost J Walker, has Bettis and no QB.Leaves me extremely thin having to start a WR at the flex position the rest of the year. So it's a tough spot. This is exactly what I was hoping for in the sell high scenario but now I'm second guessing myself after watching him play. Why? If I think Parker starts the rest of the year, I likely turn it down. If I think RBBC then it's a no brainer. Again, tough spot after this huge week from Parker.Man I feel like I need to :bag: for even contemplating not making this deal. This Parker kool-aid is killing me.

I was offered R Moss + Givens + filler for Parker + Staley + Mi. Clayton + Delhomme. Team offering lost J Walker, has Bettis and no QB.

Leaves me extremely thin having to start a WR at the flex position the rest of the year. So it's a tough spot. This is exactly what I was hoping for in the sell high scenario but now I'm second guessing myself after watching him play. Why? If I think Parker starts the rest of the year, I likely turn it down. If I think RBBC then it's a no brainer. Again, tough spot after this huge week from Parker.

Man I feel like I need to :bag: for even contemplating not making this deal. This Parker kool-aid is killing me.
Dude take the money(moss)and run. :moneybag:

I was offered R Moss + Givens + filler for Parker + Staley + Mi. Clayton + Delhomme. Team offering lost J Walker, has Bettis and no QB.

Leaves me extremely thin having to start a WR at the flex position the rest of the year. So it's a tough spot. This is exactly what I was hoping for in the sell high scenario but now I'm second guessing myself after watching him play. Why? If I think Parker starts the rest of the year, I likely turn it down. If I think RBBC then it's a no brainer. Again, tough spot after this huge week from Parker.

Man I feel like I need to :bag: for even contemplating not making this deal. This Parker kool-aid is killing me.
That's giving up way too much for Moss since he won't put up that many more points than Clayton.

Man I feel like I need to  :bag: for even contemplating not making this deal. This Parker  kool-aid is killing me.
That's just the thing. Everybody thinks this is a sell-high moment for Willie Parker, but what if this is actually a buy-low moment? There was a time Priest Holmes was in a similar position Willie Parker is in right now. People doubted Holmes on the assumption that he couldn't sustain that success for an entire season, wouldn't you have liked to acquire Priest Holmes back then rather cheaply relative to what he sold for once he really became established in the Kansas City offense? This could be a great time to buy Willie Parker or hold 'em if you got him.....not sell.

Dude take the money(moss)and run. :moneybag:
Trading away the Steelers rushing game, a good QB and a top 20 WR for Moss? :thumbdown:

Wait wait wait... what exactly is this trade???? Who are you giving up, and who are you getting?

Wait wait wait... what exactly is this trade???? Who are you giving up, and who are you getting?
My current roster (auction/keeper league):Collins/Delhomme

SA/Portis/Parker/Staley/Ricky/Davenport/Rhodes

DJax/Mi.Clayton/Branch/Lelie/Jenkins

Reqs: 1QB/2RB/3WR/1Flex/1K

So I essentially would swap out Parker/Clayton for Moss/Lelie and lose depth as well. So it's not as easy as Moss for Parker.

But I don't want to turn this into an Assistant Coach thread. My major dilemma isn't whether Parker = Moss, he doesn't. It's more on what role will Parker play the rest of the year. Anyone trading Parker is really gambling on what Cowher and PIT will do when Bettis/Staley come back.

I'm a dope. I traded him last week for Marcel Shipp. If Willie continues to start past week 4 or so, this will be almost as good as my Reuben Droughns trade last year where I got some WR I don't even remember at this point.

I honestly don't see getting a fair offer for him from anyone in my league. The best I will get offered is a middle-to-bottom tiered WR, of which I already have enough. Right now, he is probably worth the risk of keeping him. If he pans out, I have a great flex player to play behind Tomlinson & McAllister. If he goes back to the bench, I probably haven't left much on the table. If I were offered Moss for him, however, I'd jump at it.

In a ppr league, I just got offered CPepp and Droughns for Holt and Parker......still mulling it over.

Parker for JJ Arrington and Boldin

Thoughts?
That may be the trade with the other team, but it is not the trade in your lineup which is the correct way to analyze the trade.Was Parker starting? If not, Arrington is going to bench?

Boldin replaces who?

PS - aren't most of these posts in the wrong thread? Should be in Asst Coach

Trade Willie Parker?Maybe we should just start the thread now;"Hi, my name is _______ and I traded Willie Parker. I have a problem. I thought he was good, but all the sharks told me to sell him high. My name is _______ and I have a problem hanging on to fantasy studs."GROUP: "It's OK _______. The first step to recovery is acknowledging the problem. We're all in this together."Do you want to be part of this GROUP?

i was offered favre and k.faulk for parker and harrington. it's a dynasty league -- i said no thanks.

Trade Willie Parker?

Maybe we should just start the thread now;

"Hi, my name is _______ and I traded Willie Parker. I have a problem. I thought he was good, but all the sharks told me to sell him high. My name is _______ and I have a problem hanging on to fantasy studs."

GROUP: "It's OK _______. The first step to recovery is acknowledging the problem. We're all in this together."

Do you want to be part of this GROUP?
Just had a flashback to my week two trade of Barry Foster. Foster outperformed the so called studs I kept.

You think Parker will remain the starter for the year?If so, isn't he gonna be on a very short leash?What future do you see for Parker with Staley still in Pitt?

I see the probability as:a. either FWP is the man and gets the majority of carries, or ...b. Is part of RBBC when Duce/Bus are healthy, at best.If one of the above is true, FWP either has a ton of value or close to none. I really do not see this as a neither/both. He will be a STUD (Westbrook) or a member of RBBC (Dunn/Duckett). I guess if you have FWP, and keep him, you'd be happy with Dunn's stats from last year.

Trade Willie Parker?

Maybe we should just start the thread now;

"Hi, my name is _______ and I traded Willie Parker. I have a problem. I thought he was good, but all the sharks told me to sell him high. My name is _______ and I have a problem hanging on to fantasy studs."

GROUP: "It's OK _______. The first step to recovery is acknowledging the problem. We're all in this together."

Do you want to be part of this GROUP?
:goodposting:

Just traded Willie Parker and Staley for Kevin Jones and Ron Dayne (I own Bell and Anderson).Like FWP, but couldn't pass up KJones. Staley was bench fodder.

I was offered brandon lloyd(wr)..........i laughed at him. :lmao:

I want a wr for him on the lines of d.branch-chad johnson-j.horn-s.smith.
Sorry to hijack, but you have Branch and C Johnson in the same tier of WRs?

"I have a problem hanging on to fantasy studs."

WOW, FWP is a fantasy stud already? I guess that means Chris Baker is a fantasy stud also!!

With Pittsburgh's rushing attack, I'm with the collective that thinks he could be lightning in a bottle. While my plan a couple weeks ago was to stash him and sell high, I don't need a mid-level receiver right now, so I'm switching gears and trying to acquire Staley as hype insurance.Parker is definitely manageable risk, folks.I think the sample is large enough to take it.

With Pittsburgh's rushing attack, I'm with the collective that thinks he could be lightning in a bottle.

While my plan a couple weeks ago was to stash him and sell high, I don't need a mid-level receiver right now, so I'm switching gears and trying to acquire Staley as hype insurance.

Parker is definitely manageable risk, folks.

I think the sample is large enough to take it.
Well said! I would like to thank the members of footballguys.com to really making me aware of Parker. Drafted him with a 17th Round Pick. The Risk to keep em here is worth the reward. I believe the same goes for LJ.Swinging for the homerun might payoff with Parker, I hope :popcorn:

With Pittsburgh's rushing attack, I'm with the collective that thinks he could be lightning in a bottle.

While my plan a couple weeks ago was to stash him and sell high, I don't need a mid-level receiver right now, so I'm switching gears and trying to acquire Staley as hype insurance.

Parker is definitely manageable risk, folks.

I think the sample is large enough to take it.
Well said! I would like to thank the members of footballguys.com to really making me aware of Parker. Drafted him with a 17th Round Pick. The Risk to keep em here is worth the reward. I believe the same goes for LJ.Swinging for the homerun might payoff with Parker, I hope :popcorn:
LJ is different. LJ is part of a 2 man RBBC and its the best RBBC situation in the league. And he is one Priest injury away from being the #1 RB in all of FF. Parker will be part of a 3 man RBBC when everyone is healthy. He and Duce will split carries between the 5s and the Bus gets the goalline work. And even if the Bus gets hurt, then I think Staley would get the goalline carries.I'd sell now.

Or, he could rip off another 100+ game this weekend and never look back. He's got speed to burn and moves neither Staley nor Bettis are able to make. Youth does have its advantages.The point is, we don't know for certain; however, the upside is there and if all you're able to get is a mid-level receiver in return, it's definitely manageable risk to ride the horse while he's hot.Watching him run Sunday reminded me of Fred Taylor years ago ... speed, power and agility.It's worth the risk ... especially considering what it will cost to pry Staley away from a nervous owner right about now.

I'm pulling back my FWP/Branch/Portis for Tomilinson offer.I have a strong team in a keep 3 league (Manning, Deuce, Portis, Ch. Johnson, Wayne, S. Smith) so I can afford to do this, but if FWP remains any kind of factor beyond next week, that's an awful lot to give up.Problem is, it takes this kind of lopsided offer to make a trade happen. The Tomlinson owner had J. Walker, Tomlinson and virtually nothing else. Wouldn't surprise me if it was rejected anyway.

I traded FWP and Frerotte for Kerry Collins last week. The guy had Staley. I feel good about the deal right now. If FWP puts up a couple more weeks like this one, then I might start to wonder about it. Although Collins was no slouch against the tough Pat's D.

Parker for JJ Arrington and Boldin

Thoughts?
That may be the trade with the other team, but it is not the trade in your lineup which is the correct way to analyze the trade.Was Parker starting? If not, Arrington is going to bench?

Boldin replaces who?

PS - aren't most of these posts in the wrong thread? Should be in Asst Coach
Not my team involved reporting what happened in my league. Parker was on the bench this week (team has Rudi, Julius, & Cadillac) and has a need at WR. While team getting Parker has McGahee, LJ, & D.Foster.

what's going to happen to FWP when the Bus and Staley returns is definitely the $20K question. some have said before, and i agree that when the Bus returns he will be the goalline back, so the real question is with Staley.i just remember last year when Staley went down and the Bus took over. When Staley was healed up, he didn't get his carries back. Cower kept the Bus in and the Bus ran and ran and ran. I remember thinking Staley should go back in b/c the Bus wasn't ALL THAT ... but he didn't. In fact it wasn't until the playoffs when the Bus got hurt that Staley got back in.this kinda makes me think that 1. Cower loves the Bus to a fault2. Cower goes with the hot handif FWP continues to shine i don't think he will be pulled. and as far as the Bus stealing the TDs ... that's if the Steelers are on the 3, 2 or 1 ... other than that ... we saw FWP has some power and speed.i've got him in my dynasty and will not trade him. i haven't been offered anything anyway.-orphan

what's going to happen to FWP when the Bus and Staley returns is definitely the $20K question. some have said before, and i agree that when the Bus returns he will be the goalline back, so the real question is with Staley.

i just remember last year when Staley went down and the Bus took over. When Staley was healed up, he didn't get his carries back. Cower kept the Bus in and the Bus ran and ran and ran. I remember thinking Staley should go back in b/c the Bus wasn't ALL THAT ... but he didn't. In fact it wasn't until the playoffs when the Bus got hurt that Staley got back in.

this kinda makes me think that

1. Cower loves the Bus to a fault

2. Cower goes with the hot hand

if FWP continues to shine i don't think he will be pulled. and as far as the Bus stealing the TDs ... that's if the Steelers are on the 3, 2 or 1 ... other than that ... we saw FWP has some power and speed.

i've got him in my dynasty and will not trade him. i haven't been offered anything anyway.

-orphan
Combine that with Maddox not getting his job back when he recovered fromhis injury and it seems pretty clear that #2 is the determining factor.

I drafted him in 3 of my leagues, and so far have been approached in only one league, which is a salary cap/dynasty league, where I have him at $1 against a $215 cap.... It was the standard, "What would you want for hiim?" type of things...I think I would have to be pretty much blown away by an offer for me to part with him at this point because at $1, if he keeps the job for next year, that would be huge... plus he is great insurance against an injury to Portis/LT2.

Have any of you traded or traded for Willie Parker today, or seen someone else do it, and if so what did Willie Parker go for? Post if you've seen any Willie Parker trades.
Foster, De'shaun CAR RBJohnson, Andre HOU WR

Parker, Willie PIT RB

Williamson, Troy MIN WR

Guy getting Parker is a big Steeler fan. Both are so happy, I told them to get a room and please leave me alone.

A guy in my league only has Alexander, Staley, and Shipp as RB's. I'm thinking of offering him K Jones & Parker for S. Alexander AFTER this weekends games. I want to see how Jones performs. I also have Dillon, LJ, & Chester Taylor as RBs so I can still start a 3rd RB as my flex position as long as LJ stays out of jail. Does this look like a fair trade on my part? I'm thinking if I offer it he jumps on it since hes low at RB and a Lions homer.

Well in dynasty leagues, he has to be worth a shot. I mean, Bettis and Staley aren't spring chickens, and he has been VERY impressive. In BBID leagues, say you have $100 for the year, is this guy worth bidding all $100 on? In a dynasty, i almost think so...other thoughts?

I've been offered Hines Ward for Parker (straight up) and my team is pretty weak at WR (Clayton/Coles/Moulds). I'm also in talks with the TO owner of a package of Parker + Coles for TO + Caldwell. The only problem is that he's saying he wants to wait 1 more week before pulling the trigger on the trade. If I wait a week, Staley could be ready and Parker's starting role could vaporize. If I cash in now, I get Ward - a solid top 15 WR, but miss out on potentially getting TO. I guess these are the decisions that make or break a fantasy owner.

I've been offered Hines Ward for Parker (straight up) and my team is pretty weak at WR (Clayton/Coles/Moulds).

I'm also in talks with the TO owner of a package of Parker + Coles for TO + Caldwell. The only problem is that he's saying he wants to wait 1 more week before pulling the trigger on the trade.

If I wait a week, Staley could be ready and Parker's starting role could vaporize. If I cash in now, I get Ward - a solid top 15 WR, but miss out on potentially getting TO. I guess these are the decisions that make or break a fantasy owner.
If you have good RB's and really aren't going to use FWP, take the sure thing in Ward.

A guy in my league only has Alexander, Staley, and Shipp as RB's. I'm thinking of offering him K Jones & Parker for S. Alexander AFTER this weekends games. I want to see how Jones performs. I also have Dillon, LJ, & Chester Taylor as RBs so I can still start a 3rd RB as my flex position as long as LJ stays out of jail. Does this look like a fair trade on my part? I'm thinking if I offer it he jumps on it since hes low at RB and a Lions homer.
So you're going to wait and see if KJ and FWP suck and then trade them for Alexander?

Users who are viewing this thread