What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Anybody see where LJ is losing goal line carries (1 Viewer)

It seems as though this is more opinion based on Weeks 1&2 than Herm coming out and saying "LJ will lose carries at the goal line". From the article:
The Chiefs are replacing Johnson with rookie Jamaal Charles or Kolby Smith in obvious passing situations and when they are near the opponent’s goal line. Johnson was in for only one of four plays from the New England 5 in the final minute two weeks ago.

He didn’t play on the only scoring drive against Oakland as the Chiefs were in a desperate, catch-up mode.

Clearly, the Chiefs believe that Charles and Smith are more valuable players in such situations. The Chiefs appear more comfortable with either as a pass blocker or pass receiver.

Edwards wouldn’t address this directly, saying only, “Larry can play in the passing game. He’s a complete player, absolutely. There’s not anything we can do in our offense that we can’t do with him in the game.”
So it looks as though the author is coming to a conclusion based on what has happened the first two games. Seeing as though the Cheifs lost those 2 games and have looked anemic on offense, it may be safe to say that maybe that isn't the best plan.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm a Chiefs homer and LJ isn't going to lose goal line carries. The problem is that the Chiefs have only had 2 goal line opportunities all season. Once against the Pats and once against the Raiders. By the time the chance came against the Raiders, it was late in the 4th quarter and LJ had already been taken out of the game. The Chiefs real problem is at QB, until they get a QB that has a threat of the foward pass, team will always put 8-9 men in the box.

I'm a Chiefs homer and LJ isn't going to lose goal line carries. The problem is that the Chiefs have only had 2 goal line opportunities all season. Once against the Pats and once against the Raiders. By the time the chance came against the Raiders, it was late in the 4th quarter and LJ had already been taken out of the game. The Chiefs real problem is at QB, until they get a QB that has a threat of the foward pass, team will always put 8-9 men in the box.
why aren't they on the phone to grab Garcia? He would instantly improve the entire offense. He would certainly be a stop gap but Croyle, Huard, Thigpen I don't believe are the answer....

why aren't they on the phone to grab Garcia? He would instantly improve the entire offense. He would certainly be a stop gap but Croyle, Huard, Thigpen I don't believe are the answer....
Herm is being an idiot. He wants to give the youngsters a chance and see what they can do, that's why Thigpen is starting over Huard this sunday. It's already obvious to everyone here in KC, none of our QB's have any talent and Huard is our best chance to win (imagine that). Herm said this season isn't really about winning but just letting the young players play and getting them experience. The Chiefs have the youngest team in the NFL, which I don't mind because we needed an infusion of youth, but I think Herm is taking it to the extreme. 8 of our 11 starters on defense have 3 years or less of experience.

The last time LJ touched the ball was with 13:22 remaining in the 3rd qtr.

Users who are viewing this thread