What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Anyone benching Braylon? (1 Viewer)

UTLonghorn31

Footballguy
I am close to starting Royal vs Saints over Braylon this week, especially with the shoulder injury... he isn't looking good on his bet with Michael Phelps right now

Nope. The day you bench him is the day he goes for 150 and 2. I will be patient. He will carry the team some weeks. If not, then Brandon better do it all for me!

Nope because I traded away Marvin harrison. Right now my depth in WR sucks. If I bench Braylon, I'm playing Bernard Berrian!

I benched Braylon last week for Wayne, marshall and plax. Will do the same again and not think twice about it.

I benched Braylon last week for Wayne, marshall and plax. Will do the same again and not think twice about it.
Well ya, if most people had that depth they wouldn't think twice! Its harder to take him out of the lineup for a lesser WR3 type guy though. Other threads about this topic have stats showing that Bray does well against McAllister. I think you have to leave him in the lineup unless you have 3 WR1's like this.

I'm starting Royal over him. I have a matchup with a weaker opponent this week, so I'm more concerned about getting at least 6-10 points out of the slot and not risking another 2 point day. If I was looking at a likely loss this week, I would start Edwards because he's got a better chance of going off for 20+ and saving a win for this week.

UTLonghorn31 said:
I am close to starting Royal vs Saints over Braylon this week, especially with the shoulder injury... he isn't looking good on his bet with Michael Phelps right now
I did bench Braylon for Royal last week and am doing the same again. I can afford to do this, though, because Burress unexpectedly slipped to me in the draft so I've got at least one solid WR going. It also helps that Chris Johnson slipped to me so I can start him as a flex.If I didn't feel confident about getting good scores from guys like this, I'd be very hesitant to bench Edwards.

Royal's numbers were low before the TD and 2 pointer if the refs got the call right i think he would have had like 35 yards and 4 catches

UTLonghorn31 said:
I'm glad Braylon learned how to swim this offseason... if this was Fantasy water Polo... he would be a top pick. Maybe next offseason he can work on catching passes.

Contemplating Chambers over him but still debating. I like Edwards history and given the wind last week and the rust in week 1, I have a feeling that he puts together at least a servicable 80-100 yds and 1 TD this week given his history and the fact that you can and the browns WILL have to throw on Baltimore... I think I just talked him back into my starting lineup. Thanks. :lmao:

Amazing how over thinking fantasy football results in a thread like this with people actually benching a stud WR for a rookie and rationalizing it as a good idea. Some people are crazy.

Amazing how over thinking fantasy football results in a thread like this with people actually benching a stud WR for a rookie and rationalizing it as a good idea. Some people are crazy.
So if they benched him last week and ended up winning because of this I would say they did the right thing. If you keep him benched until he shows his head is in the game, how many good games will you miss out on? 1. I would consider benching him if I had a decent option at wr. People are so scared about missing that big week they keep throwing out the anchor each week and take low points week after week until they get that big score. I usually ride out the players I draft early, but I can see the thinking behind sitting a guy that is in this kind of funk.

I'm still riding him and MJD every week. :rolleyes:

My only other option is J-Stew, but I don't like his matchup this week.

I'm not as worried about Braylon as I am MJD. No way Braylon drops 2-3 balls a game. He will get right very soon and it is likely to be this week. If he doesn't drop those balls, he looks great. But if a frog had a glass bottom.....

I'm considering trading Winslow for him so I can start him this week. In our league you don't need a TE, but Winslow has been pretty consistent. Either way, I think Edwards has a much higher ceiling.

I think unless Edwards' shoulder really limits him you almost have to play him.

On the radio, Jim Rome was just talking about how Vegas has an over-under on how many times he will drop the ball this week. The line is set at 1.5. :lmao:

Strongly considering starting I.Bruce vs DET over Braylon in PPR league. Very little downside this week IMO.

I'm benching him for Wayne, Calvin Johnson, and Marshall. Those guys are too hot right now to give Braylon a "wait-and-see" game or two.

I'm benching him for Wayne, Calvin Johnson, and Marshall. Those guys are too hot right now to give Braylon a "wait-and-see" game or two.
Sweet Merciful Cr4p. That's one heck of a WR Arsenal.A a no-brainer to sit Edwards.You can afford wait on him. Heck, you can afford to Sell Low on Edwards.

I'll defintely bench a stud if I believe someone will outproduce him. I think it's that simple. I haven't kept official track, but I know it's worked more times than not (when I did decide to bench a stud). I never understood the "never bench your studs" thing.

Anyway, I'm really high on Edwards as a player (regardless of situation), but I'll admit he hasn't looked like himself. That said, he's too good not to rebound. Still a decent chance for a top-5 finish, IMO.

I'll defintely bench a stud if I believe someone will outproduce him. I think it's that simple. I haven't kept official track, but I know it's worked more times than not (when I did decide to bench a stud). I never understood the "never bench your studs" thing.

Anyway, I'm really high on Edwards as a player (regardless of situation), but I'll admit he hasn't looked like himself. That said, he's too good not to rebound. Still a decent chance for a top-5 finish, IMO.
The encouraging thing is that Anderson is targetting him, he is just dropping the ball. Edwards has never been the most sure-handed WR, but showed last season that he can still produce at a very high level. I wouldn't bench him.

What? Did you go WR-WR-WR-WR to open the draft?
So this must be one of those four team leagues I have heard about. Seriously, if you have those WRs either you are starting Mike Hart, Nick Goings and Deuce McCallister at RB or you are playing in a Pre-School FF league. Maybe I am just jealous at 0-2 though. :)

Split in 2 leagues.

Benched in one (start S Holmes and Evans)

Start in one (alongside Burress, with Crayton and Cotchery on bench)

In four career games vs. Chris McAllister Braylon has made him look silly in all of them, don't bench him.

Starting Torry Holt, Burress and Driver over him for WR's and the flex spot, rolling with Sproles. And no, I don't run in a 4-man league, I simply took advantage of the Brady owner in our league after his 8 minute season and got a good deal.

So everything thinks a guy that caught 80 passes, 1200+ yards, and 16 TD's last year - SIXTEEN, which is in rare, uber elite air, all of a sudden forgot to play football? Me thinks not.

I was going to start him until I saw he had a shoulder injury. Now he's on the pine for Sammy Morris via flex.

Art_VanDalay said:
Jayrod said:
What? Did you go WR-WR-WR-WR to open the draft?
So this must be one of those four team leagues I have heard about. Seriously, if you have those WRs either you are starting Mike Hart, Nick Goings and Deuce McCallister at RB or you are playing in a Pre-School FF league. Maybe I am just jealous at 0-2 though. :mellow:
Nope. Steven Jackson and Willie Parker are my RBs.

MAC_32 said:
In four career games vs. Chris McAllister Braylon has made him look silly in all of them, don't bench him.
WR B. Edwards Nov 18 07 CLE(a) W 33-30 - - - - - - - - - - 8 85 10.63 0 8.5 WR B. Edwards Sep 30 07 CLE(h) W 27-13 - - - - - - - - - - 3 97 32.33 1 15.7 WR B. Edwards Dec 17 06 CLE(a) L 17-27 - - - - - - - - - - 5 68 13.60 1 12.8 WR B. Edwards Sep 24 06 CLE(h) L 14-15 - - - - - - - - - - 5 116 23.20 1 17.6 54.6 pts (non-ppr), or 13.65 per gameIn 2007 Braylon averaged 13.81 per game

Hated doing it, but I benched him in two leagues I'm in... Forget whom I am starting over him..

But if I had the choice of Royal or Edwards, I would indeed go Royal. He's a hot hand, and the NO defense is still

a bit iffy. Not to mention Denver looks VERY nice right now...

In a ten team league I'm thinking of sitting him for my 14th round draft pick, Bryant Johnson vs Detroit this week. :gang1:

:thumbup:

Benching him (probably) in a large dynasty league for TO, Moss, Holmes and DeSean. I am tempted to play him over DeSean or Holmes, but I expect Philly / Pitt to be a high scoring game, plus DeSean has earned the start and Holmes is basically equal to Braylon anyway.

Ravens have a good pass D, or at least they appeared to against Cincy.

It's scary, I'm also benching LT for Westbrook and Chris Johnson.

Nothing better than starting 2 rookies over 2 proven studs. :unsure:

Judge Smails said:
So everything thinks a guy that caught 80 passes, 1200+ yards, and 16 TD's last year - SIXTEEN, which is in rare, uber elite air, all of a sudden forgot to play football? Me thinks not.
He's injured.....did you not read any of this thread?And yes he did all the sudden forget how to catch....so yes.

Users who are viewing this thread