What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Anyone benching TO Saturday Night? (1 Viewer)

KellysHeroes

Footballguy
The Raven have a banged up 2ndary, Witten may have some trouble in the middle of the field... I bet that won't stop Romo from trying to feed him the ball. Whats the feel here, anyone sitting TO for a decent option?

And what was even the point of Adding Roy E; guy hasn't done a dam thing yet.

I was thinking of benching him for CJ3.

I got Welker and Fitz at WR and would have SJax, Jacobs, CJ3 @ RB.

Do I do it or will Johnson be shutdown by Pit?

I get to chose 3 of 4 WRs from TO, Marshall, Colston, and Welker in a ppr league. The last month or so, I've always started Welker and Marshall while flipping (usually wrongly) TO/Colston. As of now, I'm going with Marshall/Colston/TO and benching Welker (for the first time this year). The weather in NE on Sunday is looking really bad. Snow/rain temps around freezing and strong gusty winds. I'm sure Welker will get some balls, but I don't think any offense does well in those conditions. Gonna go with the guys in the good weather. And that includes TO.

And no, the Ravens D doesnt worry me THAT much. They are one of the best, no doubt. But TO is due for a big game. I'd say its more likely than not that he scores a TD.

I need to start 3 of Reggie Wayne (nice!), T.O., Calvin and Cotchery. Right now I'm sitting Owens for Cotchery but I don't have a great feeling about it.

Given the fact he was the biggest factor in me losing in the semis last week, I don't have the opportunity to bench him this week.

TO has been feast or famine...and the feast is often 3-4 catches, 60 yards and 1 TD, esp against tough DEF. His % catch is not good, so I am not sure how much Romo really forces the ball to him...Witten is that guy know (and look at his catch % to see why).

SO, against a tough DEF, I think I sit him. I start (3): Marshall vBUF, Colston @DET, and either ABryant vSD (hot hand), or Bowe vMIA...leaning Byant.

I need to start 3 of Reggie Wayne (nice!), T.O., Calvin and Cotchery. Right now I'm sitting Owens for Cotchery but I don't have a great feeling about it.
You'll regret that. You can write that down, put quotes around it, and put a little dash with my name next to it below the quote.

I'm probably going to flip a coin tomorrow night. It basically comes down to that coin flip between two inconsistent performers with a lot of upside: TO and Ronnie Brown.

With 4 total RB/WR slots, I basically have to choose between Fitz, Wayne, and TO for 2 WR slots with Pierre and Brown in the 2 RB slots, or play all 3 of the WR's and sit Ronnie.

I already played Wayne (I echo the "nice!" above), and there's no way I sit Fitz, even (or especially?) with Boldin's status uncertain. Obviously Pierre is locked into the lineup and I may simply refuse to even give him up next year (no, not a keeper league :wub: ).

So...TO vs. RB. Like I said...could be a coin flip.

Given that I shot out to a 71-point lead in the Super Bowl with the Manning/Clark/Wayne combo and I don't need a Hail Mary to get back into things, I may just play it "safe" with the MORE consistent of the two. Brown's not at the mercy of a QB who could be scrambling for his life in the pocket to ensure that he gets at least a safe 5-10 points for me.

I had the luxury of the Thursday game to give me a good indication of where I stand in my matchup, though. Without that, I don't know what I'd be leaning towards doing.

Big said:
FantasyTrader said:
You'll regret that. You can write that down, put quotes around it, and put a little dash with my name next to it below the quote.
You're probably right. Like I said, I haven't completely made up my mind. I wish Cotchery didn't have such a droolworthy matchup this week. Would make it easier to "take my lumps" with T.O.

Own him in 1 SB. But, personally I'd not sit him for too many other guys - in a PPR. Dallas will NOT be able to run on the Ravens. If they're going to move up and down the field, they'll be doing it in the air. And the only teams that have had offensive success vs. the Ravens are those that can put 3 WR's and a TE out into patterns and either hit quick routes/check-with-me's, or can get double moves and develop an "over the top" on SLUGGO or hitch-go routes (stuff that T.O. excels at). I've got Balts D going as well, so I'd like them to just keep things in front of them, but either way I'll be suprised if T.O comes out of the game with less than 6 catches for 75 yds and right around 50% chance at a TD.

If you've got better prospects than that, ride it for sure.

FantasyTrader said:
Similar situation, different choice:Championship matchup, start 3 WR. Jennings, Colston, TO and Cotchery, with TO in for Cotchery.

Right now I have Housh in the lineup instead of TO. But the potential weather in the CLE CIN game has me wondering if I should just bite the bullet and start TO and hope.

I've been benching him since his last year in San Francisco. <_<

Last edited by a moderator:
Own him in 1 SB. But, personally I'd not sit him for too many other guys - in a PPR. Dallas will NOT be able to run on the Ravens. If they're going to move up and down the field, they'll be doing it in the air. And the only teams that have had offensive success vs. the Ravens are those that can put 3 WR's and a TE out into patterns and either hit quick routes/check-with-me's, or can get double moves and develop an "over the top" on SLUGGO or hitch-go routes (stuff that T.O. excels at). I've got Balts D going as well, so I'd like them to just keep things in front of them, but either way I'll be suprised if T.O comes out of the game with less than 6 catches for 75 yds and right around 50% chance at a TD.If you've got better prospects than that, ride it for sure.
good analysis. Garrett is going to get the ball in the hands of TO, period. the biggest ? is will he be able to hold on. :popcorn: i agree Dallas will have a difficult time running the ball, but Choice has shown the ability to hit the homerun. if the Cowboys are ON, he might see some running room. BUT, thats if the offense if runnning on all cylinders. lotta weapons on that team.

In a start 2RB, 2WR, 2Flex (no PPR), I'm benching TO and Hightower, starting --

Jones-Drew, Maurice JAC RB

Thomas, Pierre NOS RB

Tomlinson, Ladainian SDC RB

Jackson, Vincent SDC WR

Smith, Steve CAR WR

White, Roddy ATL WR

I am starting him and Witten, all or nothing I guess. Agreed on the primetime factor, not to mention playing against the Ravens. Hopefully Dallas' D gives the Offense a short field to work on which makes the quick hit routes the best.

I am starting him and Witten, all or nothing I guess. Agreed on the primetime factor, not to mention playing against the Ravens. Hopefully Dallas' D gives the Offense a short field to work on which makes the quick hit routes the best.
Me too and I am getting closer to getting Choice in there as well. :D I had thoughts of putting Kevin Walter in there but I think I'm going to roll with Terrell Owens.

Users who are viewing this thread