What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Anyone else out of the playoffs... (1 Viewer)

Jack Burton

Footballguy
I was eliminated last week officially:( ... however I have the most points for but my record is 4-7 due mainly to bad matchups and the higest pa in the league. I am super rotted about it and am generally a sore loser so I need to vent, here goes...

mother**%$@* piece of *&**@@#$$#@ **##&%$#@#$ god d**&$ it all to **%$#!!! ... Bleeep!

Here is my starting roster

McNabb

Gore

MB3

S. Smith

Housh

Desean Jackson/Breaston

Winslow

Vinatieri

GB def

PS are there any good rookies next year?

I was eliminated last week officially:( ... however I have the most points for but my record is 4-7 due mainly to bad matchups and the higest pa in the league. I am super rotted about it and am generally a sore loser so I need to vent, here goes...mother**%$@* piece of *&**@@#$$#@ **##&%$#@#$ god d**&$ it all to **%$#!!! ... Bleeep! Here is my starting roster McNabb Gore MB3 S. Smith Housh Desean Jackson/Breaston Winslow Vinatieri GB def PS are there any good rookies next year?
2nd in points, also 4-7. Fortunately, our league has 2 divisions, and the highest points scoring team in each division that does not make the playoffs on record gets a spot as a wildcard - so I am in anyway.Great rule IMO. You shoudl not be punished for having a ton of points scored against you.

Sorry for your luck, I (almost) know the feeling. Won my week 13 game by 2 points last year to get to 7-6 and won a tie breaker (most points scored) to get the final playoff spot in one of my leagues. Had I not pulled off that week 13 nail biter I'd have been fuming.

5-6, 7th place (6 make playoffs), #1 in total points by a wide margin.

Meanwhile, the guy with the best record is 7th in total points. If we switched schedules I'd be 9-2. :thumbup:

In my 12 team league, we have 3 division winners, 2 record wild cards, and then the remaining team with the most points.

Right now, the top three teams in point scored are 6-5 or 5-6 and all 3 are fighting for that point spot, although two of them can still get in on record too, if things fall right. With the gap between #1 and #3 7 points, its shaping up to be an exciting finish...

In my league everyone plays everyone else in the league every week. It is awesome and really fixes this problem. Also, every week is exciting as each play matters and can swing you from 5 wins to 8 or even 11. It's really cool and I wish more leagues did this.

[2nd in points, also 4-7. Fortunately, our league has 2 divisions, and the highest points scoring team in each division that does not make the playoffs on record gets a spot as a wildcard - so I am in anyway.Great rule IMO. You shoudl not be punished for having a ton of points scored against you.
That is a great idea

2nd in points, also 4-7. Fortunately, our league has 2 divisions, and the highest points scoring team in each division that does not make the playoffs on record gets a spot as a wildcard - so I am in anyway.
But then you have the possibility of one team missing the playoffs despite outscoring a team in the other division.

If it makes you feel any better I thought Big Trouble in Little China was a good flick. :rolleyes: I really enjoyed your one-liners.

Head to head scoring alone with 1 matchup per week only gives you 14 games to determine playoffs....not a statistically large enough # games to ensure that Win/Loss alone can make it happen.

We have the following rules

1. One Division for all teams (none of this good/bad divisions stuff)

2. Double Headers each week, giving us 28 total games to determine playoffs in 14 regular season weeks

3. Top 3 W/L records make playoffs

4. Top Points For gets final wildcard playoff spot.

This ensures that "schedule luck" doesn't leave out a team scoring very high Points For but had bad head to head matchups throughout the season. All this B.S. about "that's not how it is in the NFL" is nonsense. A single DT on your team can't prevent your opponent's QBs, RBs, WRs, TEs, PKs from scoring points unless they're all on the same team matching up against you in a given week.

The best solution (but one I haven't yet convinced the league) seems to be All Play - Play all teams every week. I'd be interested in your All Play Record if you can find it. On MyFantasyLeague, it can be found MENU->Reports->Standings->PowerRank.

We also have a rule where the last wildcard spot is filled by the team with highest season point total for that's not already qualified for the playoffs.

Last year that team ended up winning the championship.

Good rule IMHO if you have a H2H league.

2nd in points by a wide margin, sitting at 4-7 and would need a lot of things to go my way to make it in. Frustrating but nothing you can do.

My other league I started the year 2-4 and was leading in points but managed to win 5 in a row to get to 7-4 and still lead in points.

I joined an Antsports trophy league this year just to try out their VP scoring system and I love it. You get 2 points for a win each week, but also get 2 points for having a top 4 score, and 1 point for placing 5-8.

I'm only 5-6 in the league but still leading the division because of my high point totals.

I'm 4-7 and 2nd in total points in a 16-team league. Two of my losses were by 0.05 & 0.15 points. The team leading total points is 5-6.

[2nd in points, also 4-7. Fortunately, our league has 2 divisions, and the highest points scoring team in each division that does not make the playoffs on record gets a spot as a wildcard - so I am in anyway.Great rule IMO. You shoudl not be punished for having a ton of points scored against you.
That is a great idea
I run a slew of 14 team dynasty leagues, where we play a perfectly balanced 13 game schedule...2 divisions of 7ea, the top 3 go in on record plus 2 highest point scoring teams, regardless of division

Last edited by a moderator:
We also have a rule where the last wildcard spot is filled by the team with highest season point total for that's not already qualified for the playoffs.Last year that team ended up winning the championship.Good rule IMHO if you have a H2H league.
:lmao: that's how we do it too.

The final wild card spot given to the points leader not already in is great if you're not doing all-play. A couple years ago, I tried to convince our commish to do that before the season started. He balked, and had to win his last three games to squeak in the playoffs despite being the league high scorer by quite a bit. Sweating those final 3 weeks must have sunk in 'cause it was changed the next season.

10 team league. The 2nd and 3rd highest scoring teams have been eliminated, and the highest scoring is the 5th seed.

Top points in both leagues

10 man league 7-4 Tied with 3 others in same division closest team is 63 points back

12 man league- 10-1 Clinched Division closest team is 34 points behind

I do not know how to explain this other than a 10 man league there is more room for error. In a 12 teamer if you get hit with injury or bad draft, you are pretty much done or need GREAT WW Skills. I thought my 12 team league would be a throw away too.

Here are my teams

10 TEAM

Mcnabb

Cassel

Ryan

Turner

Addai

Chris Johnson

Steve Slaton

Reggie Wayne

Steve Smith

Calvin Johnson

Cotchery

Owen Daniels

Longwell

Titans

12 TEAM

Garrard

Quinn

Gore

Jacobs

MJD

Peyton Hillis

Derrick Ward

Chester Taylor

Fred Taylor

Calvin Johnson

Lee Evans

Cotchery

Owen Daniels

Prater

Ravens/Jets

I am the highest scoring team in 2 leagues and might not make it in.

5-6 in a PPR redraft

6-5 in a PPR dynasty

I have the worst PA in both leagues and I have many very close games in both.

It sucks.

All but out of it at 5-6 ina 12 team (no PPR) with:

Rodgers

MBIII

T. Jones

Moss

Marshall

Calvin

(insert various scrun TEs)

Longwell

Bucs

Users who are viewing this thread