What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Anyone else thinking Lesean McCoy may have a MONSTER year? (1 Viewer)

LeSean McCoy: Darren Sproles will make me betterBy Chris Wesseling

Around the League Writer

When the Philadelphia Eagles traded for Darren Sproles to form the NFL's best backfield tandem, it was natural to wonder how LeSean McCoy's role would change.

In a Friday morning interview with ESPN Radio's "Mike & Mike," McCoy insisted the addition of Sproles will make him a better player.

"I think 366 touches is a lot," McCoy said. "Being in the prime of my career and bringing in a guy like Sproles who can do so much, we'll work well together. I think having me fresh in the fourth quarter with fewer carries can be even more dangerous."

A fresher Shady is a nightmare for opposing defenses.

Just five years into his career, McCoy already holds the NFL record with seven fourth-quarter touchdowns of 40 or more yards. He led all running backs with 441 fourth-quarter rushing yards at 5.96 yards per carry last season, per the Eagles' official website.

McCoy is "excited" to see what the offense looks like once mad-scientist coach Chip Kelly is finished tinkering in his offseason laboratory.

"There's so much in this offense from motions to different looks, I mean, the guy's a genius," McCoy emphasized.

"One thing I can say about Chip is that he's a genius. He knows offense."

As recently as last Halloween, Kelly's detractors were loudly disputing that notion. McCoy and Sproles will help put an end to the skepticism if they can pick up the slack in the absence of DeSean Jackson.

The "Around The League Podcast" NFL Schedule Extravaganza will change the way you look at everything.

LeSean McCoy has 'small version of turf toe'
POSTED BY R.J. WHITE
1243187.png

LeSean McCoy
RB | PHI
OWNED BY ILLITERATE READ OPTION
Eagles running back LeSean McCoy missed Sunday's practice with what he calls "a small version of turf toe," Comcast SportsNet Philadelphia reports. He returned to practice Monday."[sunday] it was really, really hurting pretty bad," McCoy said. "It felt a little better [Monday], so I went for it."

McCoy added that the toe bothers him when he tries to put pressure on it but said that the injury isn't "severe or serious." He plans to play Thursday against the Steelers.

"If it hurts too much, I’ll shut it down," McCoy said. "I warmed up [Monday] and it felt good. I can feel it still, but I pushed through it. In this league, you have to learn how to play through pain if you can. And if you can, you have to go out there and work hard…my track record, I don’t miss a lot of games, I don’t miss a lot of practices."

LeSean McCoy has 'small version of turf toe'
POSTED BY R.J. WHITE
1243187.png

LeSean McCoy
RB | PHI
OWNED BY ILLITERATE READ OPTION
Eagles running back LeSean McCoy missed Sunday's practice with what he calls "a small version of turf toe," Comcast SportsNet Philadelphia reports. He returned to practice Monday."[sunday] it was really, really hurting pretty bad," McCoy said. "It felt a little better [Monday], so I went for it."

McCoy added that the toe bothers him when he tries to put pressure on it but said that the injury isn't "severe or serious." He plans to play Thursday against the Steelers.

"If it hurts too much, I’ll shut it down," McCoy said. "I warmed up [Monday] and it felt good. I can feel it still, but I pushed through it. In this league, you have to learn how to play through pain if you can. And if you can, you have to go out there and work hard…my track record, I don’t miss a lot of games, I don’t miss a lot of practices."
Figures. I drew the #1 in a work league today and told everyone I was taking McCoy.

My last three first round picks in this league were Charles (the year he was lost for the season in the second game), McFadden two years ago, and Trent Richardson last year. ### #### I suck at picking RBs. I just cursed McCoy.

ummm Yes, he's LeSean McCoy, that's what he does. This thread is as useless as "Does anyone think Calvin Johnson is going to have a MONSTER year?".

ummm Yes, he's LeSean McCoy, that's what he does. This thread is as useless as "Does anyone think Calvin Johnson is going to have a MONSTER year?".
The thread was started in '13. Had very good insight at the time while he was underrated. Now it's more about McCoy news and opinion in '14.

@caplannfl: #Eagles announced: Acquired RB Kenjon Barner (#Panthers) for a conditional 7th (2015).

Maybe there's more to the McCoy injury than is being let on?

Anyone else see Mccoy having 2 more than at the goal line last night if it was regular season? I was skeptical on taking him over Charles this year. Last night's performance was encouraging. when he was playing though I noticed sproles was in on almost every 3rd down. Think that becomes permanent?

Anyone else see Mccoy having 2 more than at the goal line last night if it was regular season? I was skeptical on taking him over Charles this year. Last night's performance was encouraging. when he was playing though I noticed sproles was in on almost every 3rd down. Think that becomes permanent?
Sproles is the 3rd down back.

Philly's offense will attempt to run 80 plays which means McCoy is guaranteed 20+ touches a game in an offense that creates big running lanes and makes the defense cover the whole field. Their defense is horrible which means shoot outs. Mccoy is a sick talent and scored 20 TDs 2 years ago. OL looks to be top 5. No brainer.
This Is How I SeeM To Be Leaning Lately..Lots Of PieceS Lined up
I'd love that, but I don't think Philly' is good enough to get 80 O plays a game, and if they do and he gets 20+ touches a game, he'll be toast by week 8-10. I see a mix of 20+ touch games when they're in it and 15-17 touch games when things go south. I'd prefer to see them use caution.
Boy I was wrong; at least 20 touches in 11 games last year. It'd be silly to repeat why I said last year, but if they have to ease him in with ~15 touches the first game or two if the thumb or toe are still problems. Still took him #1 overall. Love Charles, and now wondering if I made the wrong call.

Users who are viewing this thread