What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Anyone familiar with Chattanooga TN? (1 Viewer)

belljr

Footballguy
Heading for a softball tourney end of July. Thinking about AirBnb since its not stay to play..... Might get a hotel

We been looking but then google an area and it says to stay away from that area lol....

Just a lot of conflicting information. All the complexes are a max 30 minutes if I stay near one and have to go all the way to the other.

Was thinking staying near the lookout mountain area but truly am just guessing.

Will be there for almost a week.

TIA

Last edited:
bump

found a place in North SHore area - house is brand new - neighborhood looks meh
Where are the softball complexes as compared to downtown?

The North Shore, in general, is a relatively nice area and has some good restaurants. I particularly recommend Aretha Frankenstein's for breakfast, and if you make it to the south side of the river I like Urban Stack a lot for a burger.

bump

The North Shore, in general, is a relatively nice area and has some good restaurants. I particularly recommend Aretha Frankenstein's for breakfast, and if you make it to the south side of the river I like Urban Stack a lot for a burger.
There are 3 complexes..... We have no idea where we will play.

One is 5 minutes from dowtown. The other 20 the other 30

The 3 complexes are all south of the river..... We didnt plan on staying in NorthShore but this Airbnb popped up

Camp Jordan, Summit Softball, Warner Park...

This place is on Bell Ave.

Looks like we are 5 minutes from that restaurant

bump

The 3 complexes are all south of the river..... We didnt plan on staying in NorthShore but this Airbnb popped up

If you're off Bell you are a quick walk to most of the restaurants on the North side. A couple more good options within that area are Milk & Honey and Tremont Tavern. Maybe only 5-10 minutes more to the south side of the river. There are a ton of good options there too.

If you want to go a little further south Feed Table and Tavern, Maple Street Cafe, and Bluegrass Grill are also good.

bump

If you're off Bell you are a quick walk to most of the restaurants on the North side. A couple more good options within that area are Milk & Honey and Tremont Tavern. Maybe only 5-10 minutes more to the south side of the river. There are a ton of good options there too.

If you want to go a little further south Feed Table and Tavern, Maple Street Cafe, and Bluegrass Grill are also good.
So that area is ok to stay in? I know nothing about Chattanooga - only what ive been trying to google.... It appears to have changed a lot the past few years...

bump

So that area is ok to stay in? I know nothing about Chattanooga - only what ive been trying to google.... It appears to have changed a lot the past few years...
Yep you should have no issues

I lived there for 4 years, but it's been 10 years since I've been back. Really cool town. Interesting dichotomy in the stuff you're talking about. That park over on North Shore by the water is super nice, used to go there all the time and hang out, always a good experience. But then every few months you'd read about a shooting or something there, which was bizarre, because it was nothing but nice during the day.

That was 10 years ago though. I've got to imagine the gentrification is complete now. How much crime can there be around a whole foods?

@ThreeThousand so apparently there is a NorthShore and a North Shore?

😂. So we found another house on Dartmouth St that looks a little nicer neighborhood. We have a choice on 500 block bell ave or 1000 block Dartmouth. That looks to be about a mile north of Aretha Frankenstein

Any thoughts? TIA

Eta: the bell ave place has street parking only. That's my main concern

How old your kid(s)? Children's museum is cool there, but only for kids 11 or 12 and under. If that interests you send me a note - I can get you in

The Aquarium is good for a town of it's size. It features a lot of the marine life from the Tennessee River that's actually part of it.

Last edited:
You want me to post the numerous links that tell me highland park is not a good area?

Whenever someone says something as vague as "We been looking but then google an area and it says to stay away from that area lol...." , yes, I'd like to see the links. :shrug:

😂. So we found another house on Dartmouth St that looks a little nicer neighborhood. We have a choice on 500 block bell ave or 1000 block Dartmouth. That looks to be about a mile north of Aretha Frankenstein

Any thoughts? TIA

If you have a specific area, probably best to ask about that area.

You want me to post the numerous links that tell me highland park is not a good area?

Whenever someone says something as vague as "We been looking but then google an area and it says to stay away from that area lol...." , yes, I'd like to see the links. :shrug:
Straight from Chattanooga

Any thoughts? TIA

Thanks for the links. That's a ton easier to see.

Did you settle on an area?

Previous post. On phone not sure how to format correctly

ETA: The Bell Ave house appears to be behind Mikes Hole in the Wall just off Cherokee

The Dartmouth St House appears to just be in a neighborhood North of Vernon and Highland streets

Last edited:
How old your kid(s)? Children's museum is cool there, but only for kids 11 or 12 and under. If that interests you send me a note - I can get you in
my daughter is almost 18...... We won't have a ton of site seeing time so most likely will hit the aquarium and lookout mountain

Any thoughts? TIA

Sorry I'm not sure about NorthShore vs North Shore - I'm local to Atlanta but have been to Chattanooga many times. Never felt unsafe in the areas north of the river that I was in.

Any thoughts? TIA

Sorry I'm not sure about NorthShore vs North Shore - I'm local to Atlanta but have been to Chattanooga many times. Never felt unsafe in the areas north of the river that I was in.
Gotcha. No worries. THe other neighborhood is in like 5 minutes EAST and just north of Aunt Frankensteins.

its actually ~ half mile from Tremont Tavern.

So I guess that is all North Shore...... I think either will be fine. I just don't feel great about street parking on Bell Ave....

I guess either one should work then. Thanks

Dartmouth is somewhere in this area

Bell Ave somewhere here -

Thanks for the reply appreciate it

Any thoughts? TIA

Gotcha. No worries. THe other neighborhood is in like 5 minutes EAST and just north of Aunt Frankensteins.

So I guess that is all North Shore...... I think either will be fine. I just don't feel great about street parking on Bell Ave....

Still confused. Are you looking for crime report data or more the "I'm not local but I've been many times and I've never felt unsafe in the areas north of the river"?

If that's the case, count me as having been there a good bit but never felt unsafe. But from the internet info, those places look pretty terrible.
I'm looking for - I found these 2 AIRBNBs - I know nothing about the area only based on internet research. Are either of these safe and is one safer than the other?

I already shot down a couple because based on "internet research" those areas appear to be not the best reputation

Agreed - its why I'm asking. Although BOTH house are brand new remodeled. I dont have the exact address yet.

these are the 2 lisiting

Last edited:

Any thoughts? TIA

Still confused. Are you looking for crime report data or more the "I'm not local but I've been many times and I've never felt unsafe in the areas north of the river"?

If that's the case, count me as having been there a good bit but never felt unsafe.
I'm confused. Did you read the first post? I'm pretty sure @belljr is going to be in town for a softball tournament. He's never been to Chattanooga and, thus, is simply looking for any help people might be able to offer on where to stay and/or where to not stay while in town.

Any thoughts? TIA

If that's the case, count me as having been there a good bit but never felt unsafe.
Are you trying to help him or just busy being offended and defending an area against nothing?

Seriously though, I'd go with the one with 58 reviews of the 2. Plenty of those reviews talk about the neighborhood and such. Obviously I don't know squat about TN nor do I have any links to back up my thoughts but I've been waiting 3 years to make these posts so it's reliable.

I'm looking for - I found these 2 AIRBNBs - I know nothing about the area only based on internet research. Are either of these safe and is one safer than the other?

I already shot down a couple because based on "internet research" those areas appear to be not the best reputation

Agreed - its why I'm asking. Although BOTH house are brand new remodeled. I dont have the exact address yet.

these are the 2 lisiting

Thanks. That's helpful. I've not been to those exact locations but from my experience, both are in areas I've never felt unsafe in. I used to visit quite a bit but haven't been there as much in the last few years.

Love Chattanooga. Try and hit Chattanooga Brewing and Chatt Whiskey while there.

Second Urban Stack. There used to be a good specially ice cream place across the river years ago but I don’t remember the name - pre-Covid so it may be closed down.

Love Chattanooga. Try and hit Chattanooga Brewing and Chatt Whiskey while there.

Second Urban Stack. There used to be a good specially ice cream place across the river years ago but I don’t remember the name - pre-Covid so it may be closed down.

Is Milk and Honey the ice cream place you were thinking of?

I like Urban Stack for sure.

What is Chattanooga Whiskey like in person? I like their Whiskey but haven't been to the distillery.

Is Milk and Honey the ice cream place you were thinking of?

Yes! That's it. Really good stuff from what I remember - been there a few time but it's been years.

What is Chattanooga Whiskey like in person? I like their Whiskey but haven't been to the distillery.

I've not done the distillery tour but been to the store downtown several times - they always have some of their specialty stuff for sale. Some decent accessories for sale too. My recent purchase was their Cabernet Cask Finished. Enjoy it quite a bit.

From their website

MF Restaurant Group, also known as the Monen Family Restaurant Group, is the support office and "mother ship" for all two Taco Mamacita restaurants, Urban Stack, Community Pie, Milk & Honey, Clyde's on Main, and Clyde's on Church.

I think I've been to Clyde's, definitely Milk and Honey and Urban Stack - all really good.

I've not done the distillery tour but been to the store downtown several times - they always have some of their specialty stuff for sale. Some decent accessories for sale too. My recent purchase was their Cabernet Cask Finished. Enjoy it quite a bit.

Cool. And the store is in a separate location from the distillery?

I keep thinking about a company that would make whiskey and they seem like one that's doing it pretty well on a smaller scale.

So after all that - we settle on the "better area" and the house gets booked as my wife is texting the owners :lmao:

We found another like 4 doors down - not as nice but will serve its purpose

Thanks all

Cool. And the store is in a separate location from the distillery?

I keep thinking about a company that would make whiskey and they seem like one that's doing it pretty well on a smaller scale.

Yeah, the distillery is over closer to the river. I think they do something at the location downtown - some kind of tour. Haven't done it before.

Chattanooga was probably considered craft a few years back but they've gone mainstream now IMO. I don't follow it so closely that I know for sure but almost all Youtube folks review their stuff. I think they are well thought of in the industry. I think they better than any of the Atlanta distilleries we have - I'm only about 1.5 hours from Chattanooga so consider it my "home" distillery.

If you go to Lookout Mountain with fairly low expectations, you should be pleasantly surprised. We stopped there only because it was on the way and we really weren't expecting much. It turned out to be the family's favorite stop of the trip. Just make sure you leave time to try a couple of the local drafts while you listen to some bluegrass at the top of the lookout area. Good luck in the tournament.

If you go to Lookout Mountain with fairly low expectations, you should be pleasantly surprised. We stopped there only because it was on the way and we really weren't expecting much. It turned out to be the family's favorite stop of the trip. Just make sure you leave time to try a couple of the local drafts while you listen to some bluegrass at the top of the lookout area. Good luck in the tournament.

It's been forever since I've been there. Do you have to pay to get in or is it more an area type thing?

It's a pay

It's been forever since I've been there. Do you have to pay to get in or is it more an area type thing?
You have to pay. It wasn't cheap, but what is these days? I think it was around 25 bucks per adult. And I guess I should be more specific because Lookout Mountain has several attractions like the incline rail thing and the ruby mine, I didn't do those. We just went to Rock City at Lookout Mountain.

Lookout Mountain is just a mountain. It has roads up to the top, some neighborhoods up there, a small park, etc. So you can do it for free. It's a cool area with good views.

There are also various attractions on it like Ruby Falls, Incline Railway, and Rock City (which it sounds like Rand was talking about) that cost money. They're kind of kitchy but worth doing IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread