What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Anyone have the guts to bench Mahomes this weekend? (1 Viewer)

msudaisy26

Footballguy
I want to see how crazy people are getting against the Jags defense. I am benching him in 2 leagues, but I am starting Matt Ryan and Jared Goff in his place.

I got 4 or 5 leagues with him and Big Ben and going Big Ben in all of them.

The one I'm still chewing on is him or Goff, leaning Mahomes.

For the record the leagues I'm benching him for Big Ben is due more to loving Big Ben this week then being down on Mahomes due to Jags.

I have Mahomes and Brees and I'm still up in the air.  Brees cost me an important game last week and I'm still red about it. 

I have to think Mahomes can get at least 250 and 2 TDs, maybe 3.  KC won't be able to run on Jax so its gotta be mostly through the air.  

King of the Jungle said:
Almost went Luck, but didn't have the guts. Wish I did now as I think Mahomes shows that he is mortal this week. 
Same. 

Of course I'm rebuilding in that league, not really competitive so it doesn't really matter.

Stuart Ullman said:
Always start your studs.
I would normally agree with this, but not this year considering how deep the QB pool is. 

Plus, in this instance, I am guessing Mahomes was not the first QB someone drafted in many leagues, so an owner could own Mahomes and also have someone like Brees or Brady. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I would normally agree with this, but not this year considering how deep the QB pool is. 

Plus, in this instance, I am guessing Mahomes was not the first QB someone drafted in many leagues, so an owner could own Mahomes and also have someone like Brees or Brady. 
Correct. Every league that I’m in, the Mahomes owner has another really good QB on his roster. 

Guy in my league is starting Watson over him. I'd probably do the same in his shoes. Wouldn't be looking to bench Mahomes, but he was drafted as a backup in a lot of leagues, so many will have better options for the week.

The Captain said:
Went with Brady over Mahomes last night. 

Debating Wentz over him. Currently have Wentz in. 
Should've went Brady over Mahomes myself. Mostly laziness. Brady had an easy 29 last night. I do t think Mahomes reaches that this week.

I have Mahones in right now but the Jax matchup is scaring me (even at home). May roll with Cam Newton hosting NYG. 

I'm the same as 2484 drafted Mahomes and Rivers, Rivers week 1 then rolled Mahomes the rest but this week Ill be going back to Rivers for this week.  The delemma is do I keep Rivers on the roster after this week in a 12 team leage.

Guy in my league is starting Watson over him. I'd probably do the same in his shoes. Wouldn't be looking to bench Mahomes, but he was drafted as a backup in a lot of leagues, so many will have better options for the week.
I have Watson and Mahomes as well but will ride Mahomes.

Thought briefly about plugging in Luck but couldn't pull that trigger with Doyle, Hilton, etc. not playing.

I have Mariota, who had a really good game last week. I've actually been considering this but it just seems like a classic overmanagement play.  Nothing worse than losing because of overmanaging.   You can live with starting Mahomes and having a bad game but really tough to live with benching him.

saw Mahomes warming up on NFLN and the weather didn't look too bad.  even if it does rain, does that hinder the qb as compared to wind? 

You can live with starting Mahomes and having a bad game but really tough to live with benching him.
I'm starting Mahomes over Alex Smith, and it's a pretty easy choice for me. I'm a pretty heavy favorite, and 4-0 so far, so if Mahomes craps the bed this week, I can live with that. That's much easier to handle than losing, with Mahomes' 35 points on my bench and Smith's 12 in my lineup.

Starting a still gimpy Rodgers over him. Hope I don't regret it. Sounds like Lions want to run a lot today.

I'm starting Mahomes over Alex Smith, and it's a pretty easy choice for me. I'm a pretty heavy favorite, and 4-0 so far, so if Mahomes craps the bed this week, I can live with that. That's much easier to handle than losing, with Mahomes' 35 points on my bench and Smith's 12 in my lineup.
How is that even a discussion? I would start Prescott over Smith. I would start Josh Allen over Smith. I'd start Darnold and Blaine Gabbert over Smith. I'd start my deck broom over Smith.

Users who are viewing this thread