What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Anyone have upgraded sound system in their vehicles? (1 Viewer)

nirad3

Footballguy
Sorry if it's been discussed before, my search function was being wackadoodle so....

Anyone upgrade their audio in their vehicle?  Not that we drive much these days... 

I bought a new 2020 Kia Sorento and the sound system was by far the weakest part of the ride.  I knew I had to upgrade.

I replaced the front components (midrange and tweeter) on the front doors with some Polk Audio speakers.  SUPER nice.  Great, crisp sound.  Driving those with a Kicker 60x4w amp mounted under seat.

Replaced the back door speakers with Polk Audio coaxials that pretty much match the components up front.

Once I got those done, it was certainly loud and clear enough but the bottom end was sorely lacking, so I bought a Rockford Fosgate 300w 10" powered subwoofer and had it installed in the back.  It's the perfect amount of punch to go along with the door upgrades.

Anyone else a dorky car audiophile?

Seems like whenever there is aftermarket audio items it tends to screw up the car's electrical system.  I have never done it myself but looked at buying some cars that had aftermarket sound systems and they have always had electrical bugs that are very annoying.  

Seems like whenever there is aftermarket audio items it tends to screw up the car's electrical system.  I have never done it myself but looked at buying some cars that had aftermarket sound systems and they have always had electrical bugs that are very annoying.  
Interesting.  I've had upgraded sound in my vehicles for the past 25 years and have never had one electrical problem.  Knock on wood.

Users who are viewing this thread