What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Anyone plagued by lineup decisions? (1 Viewer)

ponchsox

Footballguy
Is anyone else losing multiple games this year because of wrong lineup decisions when it comes to close players? How do you mimimize the risk of picking the wrong player? I could easily be 3-1 instead of 1-3 had I picked the right players. And I don't mean sitting a top option for a low end option that happens to blow up.

It's killing me last wk I lost by 3pts with Josh Gordon on the bench with 40 PTs. And I traded for him and didn't play him this wk I trade Ty Hilton for Greg Jennings and didn't play him and of course he scores 27 PTS. Now I'm 1-3 smdh

Is anyone else losing multiple games this year because of wrong lineup decisions when it comes to close players? How do you mimimize the risk of picking the wrong player? I could easily be 3-1 instead of 1-3 had I picked the right players. And I don't mean sitting a top option for a low end option that happens to blow up.
Trade all your scrubs for studs :thumbup:

If someone can come up with another system, I'd love to hear it.

Signed,

A guy who has to start two of Smith, Jones, Thompkins and Gordon every week.

Minimize risk by choosing players that limit your opponents upside. I had Aaron Rodgers on Bye with Pryor concussed, slim pickings on the waiver wire. I checked my opponent's lineup. He had the Cincy defense and Gordon. I figured I could leverage his players against him. I picked up and started the Cleveland QB Hoyer, and he ended up outscoring my opponent's starter Matt Stafford. Plus, if Gordon were go off, I'd match him point for point. This is just one example. I'm sure you can find many others. Pay attention to your opponent's starting lineup. There are strategic ways of limiting it's upside.

Plagued? No. Do I face tough decisions? Sure. It's part of the game. Every week I have to decide between RGIII and Brady.

Now, I get Justin Blackmon back. I can flex him over Gio Bernard, Knowshon Moreno, etc. I started Moreno in Week 3 and Bernard in Week 4. Cost me a few points each week. But not a win.

Whatever. You look at matchups and go with your gut.

Users who are viewing this thread