What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Anyone starting Freeman vs NYG Mon. Night? (1 Viewer)

Are the Vikings starting him Monday night against the Giants?
"If he has an understanding of the playbook" is what they are saying. I really can't see him not starting. You have AP, Rudolph, Simpson, Jennings, Patterson. How badly can one fare?

Freeman took the first-team reps during individual drills during Wednesday's practice, according to multiple reports. The quarterback rotation during Vikings practice went Freeman, Christian Ponder and then Matt Cassel

NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reported Wednesday that if Freeman is prepared with the Vikings' playbook to a satisfactory level, he'll start Monday against the New York Giants. Freeman getting the first-team reps is a sign that plan is moving forward.

The Vikings' plan all along was allow Freeman to learn last week and accelerate the progress this week. They are impressed with what they've seen so far, according to Rapoport.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000264297/article/vikings-to-start-josh-freeman-if-he-knows-playbook?campaign=Twitter_atl

Shallow keeper league picked him up and playing him due to BYE/INJ over guys like Weeden and Fitzpatrick

Last edited by a moderator:
Start 2QB dynasty with Schaub, Freeman, Locker, Hoyer, Osweiler, and Thad Lewis...

So yeah, probably starting him.

Jennings, Simpson and Rudolph owners might wince, but the Giants are a great matchup.

On the other hand this is a great spot for the Giants to wake the heck up.

Freeman has plenty of issues but in terms of talent I'd say he's far superior to both Ponder and Cassel.
Don't get me wrong. While I have never been a fan of Freeman, I do have a very good feeling about his tenure that is about to start with the vikes. Something tells me he is going to provide that team with a shot in the arm and they will go on a run. Will it happen this week? No clue, but it's a great matchup on paper. Given his relative unfamiliarity with the vikes playbook still, It's really up to Freeman's raw ability and his football IQ (which I am not certain about).

I'm predicting a decent but uneven output this week but enough to eek out a win vs a terrible team (and I'm a Giants fan) and to show promise for better things ahead.

I actually picked up Freeman to back up Peyton bc I like his week 9 matchup vs Dallas during peyton's bye. The vikes remaining schedule is also fairly QB friendly. Here's hopin!

Are the Vikings starting him Monday night against the Giants?
"If he has an understanding of the playbook" is what they are saying. I really can't see him not starting. You have AP, Rudolph, Simpson, Jennings, Patterson. How badly can one fare?
Wouldn't you think Martin, VJax, M Williams and a great offensive line is better than that? On paper, there's no reason the Bucs should be this bad. The Vikings are bad because they are bad.

Wow, 12 for 32 and counting. What's the worst completion percentage by a QB with more than 30 attempts?

Since 2000, there have been 5 QBs that have completed 14 or fewer passes with 37 or more attempts.

The veritable murderer's row of:

Aaron Brooks 14/40 180 yards 2TD 1INT

Kerry Collins 14/37 235 yards 2TD 2INT

Derek Anderson 14/37 136 yards 1 TD 0 INT

Derek Anderson 14/37 125 yards 1 TD 3 INT

Matt Hasselbeck 14/41 187 yards 1 TD 4 INT

Rex Grossman 14/37 144 yards 0 TD 4 INT

So, this isn't the worst game by a QB in the last 13 years...but he's getting the ball back. :)

Amazingly he scored less then Brady or Foles.

He looks horrible!!! How did he ever have a good season? Most inaccurate QB ever!

Last edited by a moderator:
this was one of the worst performances I have ever seen from a non-rookie NFL QB. consider he was playing one of the worst defenses in the NFL after Matt Cassel had put up 70% completion and 7.1 YPA over the past two weeks and Freeman puts up a 38% completion and a 3.59 YPA! now for the season he has a 46% completion and a 6.07 YPA. the fact that the Vikings gave this guy $3 million and started him tonight makes you wonder. if he starts next week or is the backup, I'd be furious if I was a Vikings fan

Wow downgrade all vikings. The vikings have lost their mind giving freeman 53 attempts when he looked awful the entire game and adrian ####### peterson 15 carries. Wtf. They prob could have won this game if they started cassel or just limited freeman. I don't own any vikings except for walsh in a league and I am cutting that guy tomorrow, gb is going to hammer them. Minn off is officially a dumpster fire

Users who are viewing this thread