What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Anyone think Thomas Jones' luck runs out (1 Viewer)

JuniorNB

Footballguy
Patriots haven't given up a 100 yard rusher since Ronnie Brown way back on Septmeber 21st.

They've faced studs like Frank Gore, L. Tomlinson, and Marshawn Lynch since, and none of them have even gotten to 80 yards.

Nothing sucks more than getting your fantasy week off to a crappy start with your running back laying an egg in the Thursday night game.

Anyone looking at better options or are you riding out the hot streak?

Bench him at your own risk.
:goodposting: Jones leads the AFC in rushing and is getting the touches. NE has been good against the run and I can see this being a defensive game. I can see Jones getting around 80 and at least one short yardage TD. I would think Jones is pretty much a must start every week unless you have a great selection of RB to replace him with.

Last edited by a moderator:
I will be suprised to see TJ get 100 or a TD this week
Really? It would surprise you if the Jets primary and goal line rusher gets a TD? NE is good, but we're not talking about Baltimore or Pittsburgh here.
Only one back has scored against the Pats all year, and as JuniorNB stated, no other RB has even touched the 80 yrd mark. Why would you expect that trend be bucked now, considering Jones only had 70 yards and 0 the first time around in his own back yard?Sure, he could blow up and have a great game, but 9 games into the season says surprise.

Reading the local newspapers on the way in today ... The Jets are still pissed off about the goal line stance in week 2 and seem determined to make the pain go away.

They sound like a confident bunch and I think they are going to ram it down their throats.

Reading the local newspapers on the way in today ... The Jets are still pissed off about the goal line stance in week 2 and seem determined to make the pain go away. They sound like a confident bunch and I think they are going to ram it down their throats.
easier said than done as they found out in week 2

Between TJ and Portis for me...ugh!!!
Same situation. Play TJ and take the 10 points on Thursday. If Portis doesn't play or is limited you will get 0, or whatever points you can get for waiver wire scraps on Sunday (assuming your league allows FA pickups after the 1st game is played on THursday...)

I have TJ penciled in but Norwoods' match up is tempting.

I have Favre in another league but going with Delhomme.

Really? It would surprise you if the Jets primary and goal line rusher gets a TD? NE is good, but we're not talking about Baltimore or Pittsburgh here.
Only one back has scored against the Pats all year, and as JuniorNB stated, no other RB has even touched the 80 yrd mark. Why would you expect that trend be bucked now, considering Jones only had 70 yards and 0 the first time around in his own back yard?Sure, he could blow up and have a great game, but 9 games into the season says surprise.
Jets OL is much improved and the Pats lost one of their best players....

We'll see.

4.1 yards a carry that game. Jets front looks improved from the second week. It would not surprise me if TJ breaks the century mark.

4.1 yards a carry that game. Jets front looks improved from the second week. It would not surprise me if TJ breaks the century mark.
That might become difficult if the Pats go up big early. Thursday night game, Pats pumped up at home. Mangina intimidated to the point of second guessing his already bad play calling... Anything can happen.It should be a great game, and I'm looking forward to it big time.

That might become difficult if the Pats go up big early. Thursday night game, Pats pumped up at home. Mangina intimidated to the point of second guessing his already bad play calling... Anything can happen.It should be a great game, and I'm looking forward to it big time.
Great unbiased opinion. :no:

I'm a bit wary. Jones had 26 carries on Sunday. He's old in RB years. It's a short week. The Patriots have a relatively tough run D.

On the plus side, he didn't take a pounding last week. The Jets O-line seems to be getting better every week. Jones isn't the kind of guy to be afraid of anybody.

I'll guess 67 rushing, 14 receiving with a 30% chance of paydirt.

I would rather leave a 20+ point game from a hot-or-cold marginal flex player (C.Taylor, J.Norwood) on my bench then leave a 20+ point performance on the bench from a player who should have been in my lineup to begin with.

Buffaloes said:
Chaka said:
Bench him at your own risk.
:thumbup: Jones leads the AFC in rushing and is getting the touches. NE has been good against the run and I can see this being a defensive game. I can see Jones getting around 80 and at least one short yardage TD. I would think Jones is pretty much a must start every week unless you have a great selection of RB to replace him with.
thats what i was thinking. he's getting the touches, therefore he's getting the opportunity to score. and he's been running very well.

-baller said:
do I have to repost the 19 play drive?
I actually didn't get why you did so the first time around :unsure: These are different teams than the beginning of the year. We'll see how it goes, but I think he has as good of a chance to break the 100 yard mark as any back this year against the Pats.

JuniorNB said:
Patriots haven't given up a 100 yard rusher since Ronnie Brown way back on Septmeber 21st.

They've faced studs like Frank Gore, L. Tomlinson, and Marshawn Lynch since, and none of them have even gotten to 80 yards.

Nothing sucks more than getting your fantasy week off to a crappy start with your running back laying an egg in the Thursday night game.

While no slouches, those three haven't exactly set the world on fire this season against their other foes, either.

JuniorNB said:

While no slouches, those three haven't exactly set the world on fire this season against their other foes, either.
Are you really including Gore in this statement? :deadhorse: :thumbdown:

JuniorNB said:

Are you really including Gore in this statement? ;) :unsure:
So a guy in the top 10 this season is not a stud? :confused: :unsure:

I will start DeAngelo Williams, Chris Johnson and Marques Colston (flex) and bench T. Jones together with SJax this week.

It is not only that NE allows less than 100 yards per game, they also did not allow any rushing TDs.

Reaper said:
PatsFanCT said:
CrossEyed said:
Billy Ball Thorton said:
Jets OL is much improved and the Pats lost one of their best players....

We'll see.
THANK YOU!! I was wondering when Adalius Thomas name was going to come up?? I think Jones will have 70yds Rush/1TD and 3 Rec/1 TD!! (Leon Washington will net about 60/0 and 5 Rec/1)

I would rather leave a 20+ point game from a hot-or-cold marginal flex player (C.Taylor, J.Norwood) on my bench then leave a 20+ point performance on the bench from a player who should have been in my lineup to begin with.
:lmao: This quote belongs in the whining/venting thread every week.

Currently I have him benched in favor of Chris Johnson, Westbrook and Ronnie Brown.

I may change right before the game Thursday night though..

PatsFanCT said:
CrossEyed said:
Billy Ball Thorton said:
Of course it was 4 times though. :goodposting: Valid points though, the Pats - outside of one game - have been very tough against the run. Jones will be used and maybe be a little more effective than last game with both Harrison and Thomas now out for this game, so it really depends on your options.

It could be only a 60-70 yards game for Jones - but it would not be so far fetched to see him score a TD. The Pats are going to let oppoisng runners score eventually, all it takes is opportunity.

PatsFanCT said:
CrossEyed said:
Billy Ball Thorton said:
Of course it was 4 times though. :lmao: Valid points though, the Pats - outside of one game - have been very tough against the run. Jones will be used and maybe be a little more effective than last game with both Harrison and Thomas now out for this game, so it really depends on your options.

It could be only a 60-70 yards game for Jones - but it would not be so far fetched to see him score a TD. The Pats are going to let oppoisng runners score eventually, all it takes is opportunity.
Meh, they've given up 4.1 ypc, 19th in the league. They've only had 221 attempts against. Only 9 teams have had less. They're a decent run D, but nothing to be feared. Especially if Thomas is out.

Of course it was 4 times though. :goodposting: Valid points though, the Pats - outside of one game - have been very tough against the run. Jones will be used and maybe be a little more effective than last game with both Harrison and Thomas now out for this game, so it really depends on your options.

Meh, they've given up 4.1 ypc, 19th in the league. They've only had 221 attempts against. Only 9 teams have had less. They're a decent run D, but nothing to be feared. Especially if Thomas is out.
IMO it's because they shut teams down on third down that they don't have as many attempts against them. The Jets O-line has been getting better and they are out for revenge, especially after that goalline stand. But that's a lot easier said than done (and I'm a TJ owner).

He's having a good year. Short week for a RB to feel healthy. Thursday night comes quick after that Sunday pounding. TJ gets 50 and TD but last weeks touches keep him from a great night. Pats run D has taken hits and no Adalius Thomas.

I will start Jones. However, typically, NE with Wilfork (or any space eting NT they have had) in the middle of their gap control 3-4 fares better with between the tackle runners and struggles more with quick guys that do damage in space. Leon Washington won't see many carries, but will likely have a YPC over 5.

I'm going for it with Jones. I hate playing guys on Thursday night unless they have great matchups, but I'm rolling the dice that Jones continued putting up the good numbers.

I'm going for it with Jones. I hate playing guys on Thursday night unless they have great matchups, but I'm rolling the dice that Jones continued putting up the good numbers.
Is this because you're afraid of coming out of the gate with a clunker or you're afraid of the short week of rest? I'm also always hesitant to play guys on Thursdays but it's more the psychological fear of starting out with a clunker.

Is this because you're afraid of coming out of the gate with a clunker or you're afraid of the short week of rest? I'm also always hesitant to play guys on Thursdays but it's more the psychological fear of starting out with a clunker.
I hate coming out with a clunker. It severly diminished my optomism going into Sunday.I know that points are points and it doesn't matter if they give me 20 on a Thursday or a Sunday, nor does it matter if they blank on Thursday or Sunday. It's one of those things that I'm smart enough to know logically, but it bothers me anyway.

PS. I didn't mind having Cutlers 400+ yards and 3 TDs last Thursday, though.

I have to start one of TJ, Slaton or Benson. Right now I have TJones but am %100 positive Im going to screw this up. :headbang:

I have to start one of TJ, Slaton or Benson. Right now I have TJones but am %100 positive Im going to screw this up. :mellow:
That's really not a hard decision.Slaton looks tired had 7 yards last week and is going to split time with A Green.Benson is the RB for CincyWho's left

I have to start one of TJ, Slaton or Benson. Right now I have TJones but am %100 positive Im going to screw this up. :headbang:
That's really not a hard decision.Slaton looks tired had 7 yards last week and is going to split time with A Green.Benson is the RB for CincyWho's left
Yep. TJ is just one of those guys I never feel comfortable with starting lol

I was unaware TJ was leading the conference in rushing because of luck.
Very :goodposting:
That's what I would like to know as well. He may not have been drafted as a stud, but he is certainly playing like one. Why would anybody want to bench him now? I've started him all season with confidence and will continue to ride him. I think he actually has a "favorable" matchup this week. The Pats defense is really banged up with holes throughout. No way can they afford to put eight in the box either with Favre at the helm.

Users who are viewing this thread