What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Anyone use Discord for discussion? Footballguys has one now (1 Viewer)

Suprised how quickly the discord grew. Almost as many active users online as all our forums here combined already.

I did not see one earlier. Now I’m wondering if my request was taken as a serious inquiry. 🤔

Sorry. Just joking.

But one big part of discord is it has all sort of optional levels. We're experimenting with how those will work. Discord has lots of options where you can super easily synch your Premium Footballguys Subscription level and get badges and access to certain things. That hyper flexibility is one of the bigger draws for it.

Serious question: Did Discord secure the data collection and privacy issues (Spyware accusations)?
Years of issues if one chooses any search engine.

Serious question: Did Discord secure the data collection and privacy issues (Spyware accusations)?

Not sure what you mean about "secure". Was there a specific issue or charge brought? Do you have more information? It seems like just about every social media platform has some sort of accusation at some point.

I’ve tried for 2 days to pop over there but it’s overwhelming. so many of the sub-threads, channels, whatever they’re called, have new messages. Disorganized conversations and random chatter. I just don’t understand how it’s conducive to meaningful conversation on certain topics. It’s like a wall of unfocused text to me. I know…it’s probably just me.
ps. Get off my lawn.

Last edited:
Run of the mill company policy and the testing from Mozilla (Firefox) showing some issues still exist:
https://foundation.mozilla.org/en/privacynotincluded/discord/

FBI Search Warrant used Discord data:

Not that anyone is doing illegal things, just showing an example of data used/gathered. Don't do dumb stuff people!

Plenty of privacy concerns on the innerwebs for Discord, didn't have to look very far. Plenty of people don't care about privacy of personal data and stolen accounts, but some do.
https://cybernews.com/privacy/discord-privacy-tips-that-you-should-use/
When the first thing they have to say is to use a VPN, that's a warning in itself.
There's other articles about mobile devices and whatnot, just have to type it in your web search engine of choice.

Nothing FBG can control, but probably should put a blatant disclaimer on the sign up page facilitating a direct link to a known entity that has personal data privacy issues. Link page seems more like 'greatest thing since sliced bread and here's our settings' but not a mention of 'have fun, remember to protect their personal data and here's ways to do it'.

Just a tinfoil hat wearing random person that used to get paid to care about cyber security.

I'm curious on this, after close to a full season of having the discord server up and running, what everyone's thoughts are (perspectives from both the user and FBG sides if possible)?

I joined the discord and have occasionally taken a quick look through some of the channels, but have rarely if ever used it, the forums and FBG website articles feel more useful to me.

Are others using it more? Is there anything I'm missing out on that I should be checking more frequently on discord?

My reply 3 posts up still applies for me. Tried a few times and it’s too much disorganized noise and not enough structure for my style. For those that do use it, is it getting some good traffic at least? (I’d check but I deleted the app entirely from my iPad ;)

I’ve tried for 2 days to pop over there but it’s overwhelming. so many of the sub-threads, channels, whatever they’re called, have new messages. Disorganized conversations and random chatter. I just don’t understand how it’s conducive to meaningful conversation on certain topics. It’s like a wall of unfocused text to me. I know…it’s probably just me.
ps. Get off my lawn.
this has been my "old man perspective" on prior attempts to use discord (for gaming). seems to be a good platform for purpose-driven interaction (like maybe in a fantasy league or tournament) but I'm not sure this old dog will ever go there.

I've mentioned previously that rotogrinders shut down its forums in favor of discord...this is the fear in the back of my mind that fbg eventually goes in that direction leaving me rudderless.

"I'm barren!" - Raising Arizona

Users who are viewing this thread