What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Anyone worried about using Ben Tate tonight (1 Viewer)

Gottabesweet

Footballguy
FBG's has him as the 15th best flex play in my scoring, basic PPR.

Played Jacksonville at home two weeks ago, held to one yard rushing on seven carries, short week on the road with banged up ribs.

Who are you starting him over at flex?

I did read something regarding Thursday night RB's scoring well normally this year. I believe it was a ESPN article.

I currently have Kendall Wright at Denver in over him but am tempted.

Thursday night games always seem to burn you one way or another.

Yes, I saw him last week, but did you see him two weeks ago? I'm on the fence with Tate, Vereen and Levean Bell in my PPR league (need one of those three for my flex). I'm leaning towards Vereen, as I just don't trust Tate. He was inept two weeks ago with his 7 carry 1 yard rushing performance, as Jax stacked the box and dared CK to beat them. Now, I fully expect Tate to have a better game tonight, but more in the neighborhood of 60-70 total yards, with no TD's.

Yes, I saw him last week, but did you see him two weeks ago? I'm on the fence with Tate, Vereen and Levean Bell in my PPR league (need one of those three for my flex). I'm leaning towards Vereen, as I just don't trust Tate. He was inept two weeks ago with his 7 carry 1 yard rushing performance, as Jax stacked the box and dared CK to beat them. Now, I fully expect Tate to have a better game tonight, but more in the neighborhood of 60-70 total yards, with no TD's.
ok, then don't start him.

Thx for adding something meaningful to the thread.

FBG's has him as the 15th best flex play in my scoring, basic PPR.

Played Jacksonville at home two weeks ago, held to one yard rushing on seven carries, short week on the road with banged up ribs.

Who are you starting him over at flex?

I did read something regarding Thursday night RB's scoring well normally this year. I believe it was a ESPN article.

I currently have Kendall Wright at Denver in over him but am tempted.

Thursday night games always seem to burn you one way or another.
Do you need safe points or do you need upside? Tate could get you a big game like he did last week, or he could falter...the whole HOU offense has been a little erratic lately. Wright is a safe bet for a solid ~14 points every week in PPR...probably not going to explode for a 20+ point game, but he won't screw you over either. I'd probably stick with Wright in PPR, but I don't feel so strongly about it that I'd try to talk you out of starting Tate if you were leaning that way.

I've been repeating myself ad nauseum but these Tate threads just keep getting started.

Some of my reasoning..

- JAC is allowing the 4th most YPG on the ground (130).

- Tate is averaging 4.3 on the season, JAC is allowing 4.2.
- Defensively JAC has been atrocious at home vs. away

- It's TNF

Barring injury, he'll have a good game.

I'm leary roo. I'm basically in the start two of Tate, Andre Johnson, and Eric Decker conundrum. Right now Decker is on my bench but 4 tds last week...man..

he did but you blatantly ignored it talking about the week before.

he did but you blatantly ignored it talking about the week before.
Sorry if I came on too strong. I'm on the fence as well with him tonight.

If Le'Veon Bell practices all week and is listed as probable for Sunday, then you have to start him...coming off a huge game and in a great match-up against MIA. If he's cleared the concussion protocols and plays Sunday, you know PIT will feed him the ball, too.

If Bell doesn't have a good week of practice, Vereen would be my second choice. I think the upside of Bell is worth passing over Tate tonight.

If Le'Veon Bell practices all week and is listed as probable for Sunday, then you have to start him...coming off a huge game and in a great match-up against MIA. If he's cleared the concussion protocols and plays Sunday, you know PIT will feed him the ball, too.

If Bell doesn't have a good week of practice, Vereen would be my second choice. I think the upside of Bell is worth passing over Tate tonight.
Thx!

I have a pretty solid team and am the one seed, I'm a favorite of about 20 however we get a bonus of 5 points for 50 yard TD's he has RG3, Antonio Brown, Hilton and Allen all capable of throwing up some bonus lines.

We start RB,WR,2 FLEX

So my last flex spot (after Calvin, McCoy and AJ Green) is Wright or Tate

I'm actually hoping for bad weather in Denver this week as Wright will benefit from Fitz looking his way even more. However this Tate matchup on National Television in a contract year is enticing.

Agonizing over this all week.

Dodds/Bloom don't agree and I start 2 RB and 1 flex.

Starting J Charles and A Brown for sure but not sure about CJ2K vs DEN or Tate in my flex spot. The 7 carries for 1yd thing keeps floating in my head then he has that killer game last week. I just want one quote from Tate that says he's out for blood tonight to avenge his performance from 2 weeks ago. That might push me over the edge......or not.

Last few weeks Tate in my scoring 9, 8, 17, 7, 28

One great game, and one very good game.
Against IND and ARI he was still dealing with fractured ribs and I believe the game vs. JAC two weeks ago was a clear aberration. Maybe I'm cherry picking but a healthy Tate (however rare it is) getting 20ish touches will always be a borderline RB1.

I wonder if Tate is playing for a contract...............

Starting him with confidence as my RB2. However, amazed that my team has made the playoffs having drafted TRich, CJ2K and White in rounds 1-3

I've been agonizing all week about this...but im leaning toward starting Tate over Shady (non ppr league) this week. Normally crazy talk but detroit has been murdering rb's and the jags matchup is so juicy. First round of the playoffs and the eagles run game has seemed to be very pedestrian lately against much worse teams defensively than the lions...

someone talk me off the ledge please...

I've been agonizing all week about this...but im leaning toward starting Tate over Shady (non ppr league) this week. Normally crazy talk but detroit has been murdering rb's and the jags matchup is so juicy. First round of the playoffs and the eagles run game has seemed to be very pedestrian lately against much worse teams defensively than the lions...

Find the nearest person who cares about you and ask them to slap you around the face. This is classic "over thinking it in the playoffs".

He's on my bench in two leagues, one for Bush or L Bell if Bush's calf is an issue and the other for Vereen in a ppr. I thought he looked slow last week even though he had 3 td's ( the Pats run d is that bad). He won't have those gaping holes to run thru tonight as the Jags run D has been bettter of late. He may get the GL work if it's there but I don't see big yardage numbers. GL to everyone who has him in.

Find the nearest person who cares about you and ask them to slap you around the face. This is classic "over thinking it in the playoffs".
Trust me..i recognize this and dont normally fall prey to it. I dont normally post this kind of stuff but felt the need this time around. My other option is Murray who im definitely starting. But when you look at the trends, the lions as a team havent given up more than 62 yards since week 6. Shady has only rushed for over 80 yards once since week 6. He's a dual threat...but this isnt ppr...and Im finding myself wondering if tate will put up a nicer number than the 55 rushing 30 yard receiving game im expecting. The lions are just downright brutal right now against rb's. If this was regular season i'd start shady...but under the gun...Im leaning Tate. Crazy.. i know.

Sitting Tate in PPR...

Have Lev Bell/Lacy

Then in flex its Jeffrey & Julius Thomas or Kendall Wright

He hasn't impressed except one game, a little too much risk IMO. He certainly can have 100/2, but I like my other options and feel like all of the others I listed have less downside.

I have Shady too in a PPR but you can't sit the leading rusher in the league. If it back fires so be it, you did the right thing. If you sit him and it burns you then you will be a lot more po'd. Just play the better player and live with the outcome.

Absolutely right--how thoughtless. You need to choose between "Tate, Vereen and Levean Bell in my PPR league". Maybe you should set us up the poll. :mellow:

Tate also has all of these lingering injuries... Anyone concerned about the short week???

####!!!!!!!! I don't know what to do

I have Shady too in a PPR but you can't sit the leading rusher in the league. If it back fires so be it, you did the right thing. If you sit him and it burns you then you will be a lot more po'd. Just play the better player and live with the outcome.
This.

If you start your stud and get it wrong, you just chalk it up to bad luck. But if you start the guy who's coming off a career game, despite an extremely mediocre season, and stinks it up you'll be killing yourself until draft day next August.

I need upside. I'm benching Tate for L. Bell. I could get screwed a la J. Reed but that matchup vs MIA is just too juicy.

JAX running D has been pretty good lately.

I'm a pats fan. Watched the whole HOU/NE game and Tate had GAPING holes to run though due to horrible, horrible play by D. Hightower in the middle. That was corrected a bunch in the 2nd half. See Tate's line that game as a bit of a mirage. And even though he had huge holes he looked a little stiff hitting them.

Tate probably a decent RB2 but I need RB1 production due to matchups.

And if Bell sits, I'll plug in Gio.

Kubiak and that 7 rush/1 yard performance just spook me too much.

I have Tate in all 3 leagues i"m in

L1: Starting ADP and D.Murray, with DAL @ CHI too juicy a matchup........that means Tate is on the bench

L2: Starting Lacy, Gio, and Tate...........but might replace Gio with B.Rainey

L3: Starting Forte, MJD, and Tate..........Gio and Jordy Nelson to the bench

Sitting Tate in PPR...

Have Lev Bell/Lacy

Then in flex its Jeffrey & Julius Thomas or Kendall Wright

He hasn't impressed except one game, a little too much risk IMO. He certainly can have 100/2, but I like my other options and feel like all of the others I listed have less downside.
After waffling for the last few hours/days... I'm leaving him on the bench - The Texans are awful.... The Jags flatten Houston and Tate is ineffective.

Riding him in all 3 of my leagues. Been holding this turd all season. It's time for him to do something

That's knucking futs

Users who are viewing this thread