What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Apple employees refuse office return because it will make company ‘whiter, more male-dominated’ (1 Viewer)

https://6park.news/usa/apple-staff-claim-forcing-them-to-work-in-person-will-lead-to-a-whiter-male-dominated-workforce.html

Seems to be a small group that are behind this and there are several reason besides diversity.  Personally I thought WFH was kind of the opposite where WFH favored the white collar worker.

it always is.  :shrug:

You're racist if you stop the WFH policy, but you're also racist if you do allow WFH.  If you think about it, it's actually a pretty ingenious grift for the race-hustlers.  You get what you want either way. 

Last edited by a moderator:
it always is.  :shrug:

You're racist if you stop the WFH policy, but you're also racist if you do allow WFH.  If you think about it, it's actually a pretty ingenious grift for the race-hustlers.  You get what you want either way. 
I know you're joking, but there is an entire career path out there that provides six-figure salaries for people who work in DEI issues.  It is in those people's immediate financial self-interest to have a vocabulary that allows them to find racism literally anywhere.  That sort of thing matters a lot when it comes to the internal dynamics of organizations. 

Seems to be a small group that are behind this 
Not only is it a small group behind this (200 out of many thousands) but out of that two hundred I would surmise that only a a couple of guys believe the racial stuff in the OP- the ones who wrote it. 

So once again we are offered an extreme radical message and an implication that this is representative of a whole lot of people. 

Not only is it a small group behind this (200 out of many thousands) but out of that two hundred I would surmise that only a a couple of guys believe the racial stuff in the OP- the ones who wrote it. 

So once again we are offered an extreme radical message and an implication that this is representative of a whole lot of people. 
The reason why the "woke" thread exists is to preempt this exact argument.  

Sure, these people are weirdos.  Not representative of anything broader?  Then how come its so easy for us to find example after example of the same general thing playing itself out in different organization in different industries with different people involved?

So you make an assumption of the actual people believing this but then state the whole thing is overblown. 

What if it is the entire group? I'm guessing they all signed on to this because they all believe it not because somebody ask them to sign on it and then changed it at the last minute when it went public.

Sure, these people are weirdos.  Not representative of anything broader?  Then how come its so easy for us to find example after example of the same general thing playing itself out in different organization in different industries with different people involved?
When polling shows that these sorts of extreme ideas are popular, when candidates with these sorts of views win statewide or national elections, then I will acknowledge that we we’ve got a problem. Until then I don’t. We have lots of problems in this country: extreme radical wokeism isn’t one of them. 

It seems likely that there is some truth to their point. That doesn’t mean that Apple has to stop return to work though.

I assumed that this was being shared as a suggested tactic for convincing our own bosses to extend WFH. Kinda brilliant, to be honest.

Maybe we should move this to the FFA so more people can benefit.

This is so important I'm cross-posting it.

I don't have the stats to back this up but I'm pretty sure requiring folks to go in to the office was one of the pillars of Hitler's rise to power.  All of you people not allowing me to WFH permanently are Nazis.

This is so important I'm cross-posting it.

I don't have the stats to back this up but I'm pretty sure requiring folks to go in to the office was one of the pillars of Hitler's rise to power.  All of you people not allowing me to WFH permanently are Nazis.

TBH, this post is spot on and just as funny in this thread as it was in the other one.  

Excellent work.  :thumbup:

Why would weirdos be contained to one organization or industry?  It seems, using a normal distribution, you'd have some weirdos in all companies in all industries, just like Tim suggested.

I did pop up as a notification on my Apple phone for news of the day.  I was curious and investigated further for details.  I wasn't implying anything, just sharing that some have the thought that working in a office is sexist/racist.  Kind of curious how they make that leap.

Toby2ElectricBugaloo said:
I assumed that this was being shared as a suggested tactic for convincing our own bosses to extend WFH. Kinda brilliant, to be honest.

Maybe we should move this to the FFA so more people can benefit.

I would assume the time savings and other benefits would be more successful than saying if you make us come to the office you're sexist.

I would assume the time savings and other benefits would be more successful than saying if you make us come to the office you're sexist.
That was my reaction, too: If the goal was to convince their bosses, it didn't seem like it would be an effective tactic.

My experience over the past year has convinced me that any kind of rigid in-office policy (everyone in on Monday, Tuesday and alternate Thursdays or whatever) is kind of dumb and counterproductive. So reading their complaint didn't make me think much of Apple. But given that this is what they came up with, I doubt this letter convinces anyone to change their mind.

Apple spent $5 billion on that campus, even though no company in the world should have spent that kind of money on a headquarters. So even though WFH makes far too much sense for most employees and employers, they won't just let that expensive office space sit empty. 

Apple spent $5 billion on that campus, even though no company in the world should have spent that kind of money on a headquarters. So even though WFH makes far too much sense for most employees and employers, they won't just let that expensive office space sit empty. 
Classic sunk-cost fallacy (which is not to say that you're not right about how Apple will handle this)

That was my reaction, too: If the goal was to convince their bosses, it didn't seem like it would be an effective tactic.

My experience over the past year has convinced me that any kind of rigid in-office policy (everyone in on Monday, Tuesday and alternate Thursdays or whatever) is kind of dumb and counterproductive. So reading their complaint didn't make me think much of Apple. But given that this is what they came up with, I doubt this letter convinces anyone to change their mind.
How many in your office brought up the concern that it’s going to be more male dominated and whiter?   I have called in sick once in 25+ years, am I whiter or more privileged?  

Users who are viewing this thread