What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Are Erin and Aaron pronounced the same? (1 Viewer)

Not around here, but they're not always easy to tell apart in coversational speech.

For whatever reason ... a lot more people distinguish Ellen and Allen/Alan  :shrug:   Same vowels in that first syllable as Erin/Aaron.

Obligatory:

"You done messed up A-A-Ron!"

Yes although I feel like I stress the first syllable of the female version a little more but for all intensive purposes it’s the same

Not around here, but they're not always easy to tell apart in coversational speech.

For whatever reason ... a lot more people distinguish Ellen and Allen/Alan  :shrug:   Same vowels in that first syllable as Erin/Aaron.

Obligatory:

"You done messed up A-A-Ron!"
Your examples don’t work. Ellen has the soft E sound like elevator and Alan has the soft A sound like alligator. Erin and Aaron both sound like the word air which is different than ergonomic or car.

I think they sound similar. The first syllable is “air” and the second syllable of Aaron is not emphasized to sound like “on” kind of like skeleton sounds more like tin than ton.

Your examples don’t work. Ellen has the soft E sound like elevator and Alan has the soft A sound like alligator. Erin and Aaron both sound like the word air which is different than ergonomic or car.
In the N.O. area, Erin/Ellen both have the soft E sound like elevator and Aaron/Alan both have the soft A sound like alligator :shrug:

They are more the same than different, but at the same time they're in no way the same.

Except a little different. 

Nice work, Chet.

Where I've lived, yes, they are both pronounced the same. Pronounced the same, but generally, Erin is the spelling for a female, and Aaron for a male. I say generally, but I've never seen an exception to that.

It's interesting that other places pronounce them differently. 

Might be a fun poll

Answers:

1.  Erin and Aaron are pronounced the same and Dawn and Don are pronounced the same.

2.  Erin and Aaron are pronounced the same and Dawn and Don are pronounced differently.

3.  Erin and Aaron are pronounced differently and Dawn and Don are pronounced the same.

4:  Erin and Aaron are pronounced differently and Dawn and Don are pronounced differently.

5.  The dress is pink.

In the N.O. area, Erin/Ellen both have the soft E sound like elevator and Aaron/Alan both have the soft A sound like alligator :shrug:
Welp, if Aaron starts like alligator down there then you guys are saying it wrong. Damn Cajuns. :)

WDIK2 said:
Might be a fun poll

Answers:

1.  Erin and Aaron are pronounced the same and Dawn and Don are pronounced the same.

2.  Erin and Aaron are pronounced the same and Dawn and Don are pronounced differently.

3.  Erin and Aaron are pronounced differently and Dawn and Don are pronounced the same.

4:  Erin and Aaron are pronounced differently and Dawn and Don are pronounced differently.

5.  The dress is pink.

Users who are viewing this thread