What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Are you guys watching this $#!t on ESPN (1 Viewer)

Could everyone just please take a freakin' breath here?

I'm not a T.O. apologist but I sure am sick and tired of Joe Blow Message Board Poster crying about how he doesn't make any money so why should T.O. be upset with 12 million.

We on this board cannot understand what that life is like and are in no position to say what he's doing is wrong and that we wouldn't do it. It's all relative. If he feels he's being underpaid compared to other people in his profession, it's his right to complain about it and ask for something to be done about it. The Eagles don't have to. That's up to them.

And I also strongly believe that no one on this message board knows the finer points of the contract T.O. signed and where he ACTUALLY ranks among WR salaries around the league. Contracts are not guaranteed by owners, so how can it be so terrible for a player to want to re-do deal? Owners cut players all the time and tear up contracts or force them to take paycuts. It goes both ways. That's a product of the system.

Is T.O. going about this the right way? Well, that's up to him and his agent to decide. If you don't like it, don't buy his jersey.
I totally agree...its funny how hypocritical some people are. They claim that if they made that much money then they'd never argue about pay. But these are the same people that will ##### and moan about themselves being underpaid at their current jobs- well how do you think that #####ing and moaning looks to poor people in famine-struck nations across the world? To those people, you all are the "TOs" of the world and all Americans are rich.

I'm not a T.O. apologist but I sure am sick and tired of Joe Blow Message Board Poster crying about how he doesn't make any money so why should T.O. be upset with 12 million.

We on this board cannot understand what that life is like and are in no position to say what he's doing is wrong and that we wouldn't do it. It's all relative. If he feels he's being underpaid compared to other people in his profession, it's his right to complain about it and ask for something to be done about it. The Eagles don't have to. That's up to them.

And I also strongly believe that no one on this message board knows the finer points of the contract T.O. signed and where he ACTUALLY ranks among WR salaries around the league. Contracts are not guaranteed by owners, so how can it be so terrible for a player to want to re-do deal? Owners cut players all the time and tear up contracts or force them to take paycuts. It goes both ways. That's a product of the system.

Is T.O. going about this the right way? Well, that's up to him and his agent to decide. If you don't like it, don't buy his jersey.
I totally agree...its funny how hypocritical some people are. They claim that if they made that much money then they'd never argue about pay. But these are the same people that will ##### and moan about themselves being underpaid at their current jobs- well how do you think that #####ing and moaning looks to poor people in famine-struck nations across the world? To those people, you all are the "TOs" of the world and all Americans are rich.
bad analogy :thumbdown:

I'd like to shed some light on the whole T.O. thing.

About 2 months ago I was able to tour the Nova Care training center of the Eagles. Part of that tour included the locker room. There were about 20 or so of us and believe it or not, under the watchful eye of the Eagles' appointed tour leader, we had free reign to look closely into each locker. In T.O.'s locker hung a letter taped to the first shelf for all to see. It was dated prior to the Super Bowl and was addressed to him from the team, in particular Rick Burholder, trainer of the Eagles. It stated that the he(Burkholder) was NOT giving T.O. medical clearance to play in the Super Bowl. The letter emphasized that if T.O. chose to play, he was assuming all risk if he reinjured himself during the course of the game and the team would be absolved of any repsonsibility.

I think this helps to clarify the whole waiver thing somewhat. As it appears, the team WAS NOT 100% behind T.O. participation in the Super Bowl and seemingly, as evidenced by that letter, attempting to distance themselves from the risk/liabilty. Doesn't ring of the "We're in this together" mantra that someone mentioned earlier.
Oops. OK, now. Where all the apologies you guys owe T.O.? I expect them to be forthcoming!!
The whole matter of TO playing in the Super Bowl is a red herring anyways. He's just using that issue to try to get the public on his side. We're in the now TO, not six months ago.
Tell that to all the people who keep pointing out how much money he made LAST year!
Guess he should've read the fine print on Year 2 of his contract a little more closely then?

I totally agree...its funny how hypocritical some people are. They claim that if they made that much money then they'd never argue about pay.
Tell you what, you give me $7 million for the next year and if you hear me ##### about my job or how much I'm being paid you can take all of it back. With interest.

Deal?

LHUCKS,

If TO didn't have alot of options last year, what has changed since then to make you think he has them now?  If anything, he has less options.  Last year only Baltimore and Philadelphia had any interest.  Who's gonna want to trade for him now.  Even if he finds a team that will give adequate compensation in a trade to Philly, that team also has to have enough cap space to sign him to a new deal.  Bottom line, either TO plays in Philly this year, or he doesn't play at all.  In the offseason he'll be moved or cut.
TO reported to camp on time...I think that's what's being missed here.
Sure he reported. And then he promptley suffered an "injury" and then went balistic on his head coach.I'm so touched by his decision to report to camp. What a guy.
At least he reported unlike guys like H Ward or A Gates, who don't seem to be getting any criticism at all.

eh, you put Red and Gold uniforms on the Eagles and it's like San Fran all over again.... T.O did nothing wrong there either it was all the QB's fault

I have never agreed with Lhucks before. I feel dirty.That being said, when did football become marriage counseling? Who cares aobut communication?The guy worked out adequately over the offseason, showed up on time, participated in practices, and went to meetings. His agent's a disgusting leech, he's greedy, and he's a jerk. I just don't know what any of that has to do with Owens' performance as a wide receiver, which is what he's paid to do.The Eagles aren't going to trade him and they don't have the depth to bench him. Other than "Owens=jerk" where's the story here?

LHUCKS,

If TO didn't have alot of options last year, what has changed since then to make you think he has them now?  If anything, he has less options.  Last year only Baltimore and Philadelphia had any interest.  Who's gonna want to trade for him now.  Even if he finds a team that will give adequate compensation in a trade to Philly, that team also has to have enough cap space to sign him to a new deal.  Bottom line, either TO plays in Philly this year, or he doesn't play at all.  In the offseason he'll be moved or cut.
And, he promptly, conveniently, came down with a cranky groin.I'm sure he wouldn't fake it to cause any more aggravation. Nothing TO wants less than to cause problems for the teams on whom he plays.
Tons of veterans come down with fluke injuries so they don't have to play much in the preseason. Hell, Edge James does this every single year...nothing new here. Just another case of TO being unfairly singled out.

I totally agree...its funny how hypocritical some people are. They claim that if they made that much money then they'd never argue about pay.
Tell you what, you give me $7 million for the next year and if you hear me ##### about my job or how much I'm being paid you can take all of it back. With interest.

Deal?
And what is it that you can do that is worth 7 million dollars to me??????

Dude, just by reading your sig tells me all I need to know about you and why you're so into defending TO, you're the TO of Footballguys Forums!! LOOK AT MEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!! LOOK AT MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!

I have never agreed with Lhucks before. I feel dirty.

That being said, when did football become marriage counseling? Who cares aobut communication?

The guy worked out adequately over the offseason, showed up on time, participated in practices, and went to meetings.

His agent's a disgusting leech, he's greedy, and he's a jerk. I just don't know what any of that has to do with Owens' performance as a wide receiver, which is what he's paid to do.

The Eagles aren't going to trade him and they don't have the depth to bench him. Other than "Owens=jerk" where's the story here?
I guess the story is he may not play at all, and if he does play he may half ### it. Isn't that a story worth discussing?

Deal?
I never said I was worth $7 million. I just said if you pay me that you won't hear a peep outta me. :D

About 2 months ago I was able to tour the Nova Care training center of the Eagles.  Part of that tour included the locker room.  There were about 20 or so of us and believe it or not, under the watchful eye of the Eagles' appointed tour leader, we had free reign to look closely into each locker.  In T.O.'s locker hung a letter taped to the first shelf for all to see.  It was dated prior to the Super Bowl and was addressed to him from the team, in particular Rick Burholder, trainer of the Eagles.  It stated that the he(Burkholder) was NOT giving T.O. medical clearance to play in the Super Bowl.  The letter emphasized that if T.O. chose to play, he was assuming all risk if he reinjured himself during the course of the game and the team would be absolved of any repsonsibility.

I think this helps to clarify the whole waiver thing somewhat.  As it appears, the team WAS NOT 100% behind T.O. participation in the Super Bowl and seemingly, as evidenced by that letter, attempting to distance themselves from the risk/liabilty.  Doesn't ring of the "We're in this together" mantra that someone mentioned earlier.
Oops. OK, now. Where all the apologies you guys owe T.O.? I expect them to be forthcoming!!
I'm calling bull####. Every tour I've done has either had a rope in front of the door of the locker room or you were permitted to barely walk in the door and then had to turn around.No way are you gonna be allowed to get close enough to the inside of a locker that you can see that ####.

Or I could be wrong.

Edit: There is no way I'm wrong.

Last edited by a moderator:
How is reporting to camp and doing what is asked of you "sabotaging" camp. Reid made this story balloon when he told TO to shutup resulting in Reid then suspending TO for a week.One can argue Reid sabotaged his own team.
Ignoring teammates.He was given the day off to rehab a groin injury. He was unable to practice with the team, yet he is doing full speed sprints and cutting? He tells his offensive coordinator not to talk to him unless he talks first? TO's reasoning for this was that Childress would come up to him and say "hey TO."Telling your boss to shut up.Not signing autographs for the fans.If you think TO was doing everything in his power to make himself and his team better in this camp, either you can't see the truth...or you don't want to.

Owens said he is a team player because he risked his career to play in the Super Bowl. He said he also was forced to sign a secret waiver before the game.

"That's absolutely not true," said team president Joe Banner. "We never discussed it with him. We decided that if he's willing to take the risk to try to win the Super Bowl then we should be willing to take the same risk."

Owens' former agent David Joseph said shortly after the Super Bowl that Owens did not sign a waiver with the Eagles. It's possible Dr. Mark Myerson, the surgeon who operated on Owens' ankle, made him sign a waiver.

Owens confirmed earlier in the day that he told offensive coordinator Brad Childress not to speak to him unless Owens spoke to Childress first. He said that "every day [Childress is] saying spiteful stuff" to him in meetings.

He also said McNabb is a hypocrite for saying publicly that he did not plan on having a one-on-one meeting with Owens, while Owens claimed McNabb tried to set one up.

"I have no desire to talk to Donovan," he said.

"I said before that I don't respond to those things in the media," McNabb said through a team spokesperson. "That's not the game that I play."
http://www.aberdeennews.com/mld/aberdeenne...s/12361056.html

He wants respect...for what, being a royal pain in the A**? If you want respect you have to give respect. And weather TO believes it or not Andy Reid deserves the respect of any player on that team no matter what!! There is a common theme in TO's troubles and all he needs to do is look into the mirror to see the problem. It's time for TO to grow up!!
Actually, Reid told TO to shut up first...to TO that was disrespectful.If my boss told me to shutup in front of other people, I'm pretty sure I'd return the favor.
LHUCKS,What's your agenda here other than being devil's advocate? It's not difficult to see that T.O. is most certainly being insubordinate at best, divisive at worst.
How? He showed up on time, his coach said he worked hard over the offseason and during practice. He's a jerk. Plenty of guys are jerks. Part of being a professional for other players and for Reid is setting aside personal stuff and doing your job. What part of his contract has he not honored? They didn't sign him for being a classy guy. They signed him to catch passes.

He didn't hold out, he hasn't been arrested, he doesn't have a drug problem--Jamal Lewis reported to training camp late because he was in the federal penitentiary, but the story is that TO and Andy Reid had a fight? :cry:

This is the most overblown story of the preseason. Owens isn't happy. Big deal.
Just to be clear, this ^ was "The Rover", NOT me! I am Rovers. I wish to be seperated from these comments in thier entirety.

Deal?
let's not play that card.... do you really believe people should be paid 7 mill a year to have people watch them play a game....I think all pro athletes are OVERPAID but that's a seperate issue

Deal?
I never said I was worth $7 million. I just said if you pay me that you won't hear a peep outta me. :D
Of course I wouldn't. You're doing nothing to earn it. T.O. is. See the difference? (hint: it's kind of a big one)

That being said, when did football become marriage counseling? Who cares aobut communication?

The guy worked out adequately over the offseason, showed up on time, participated in practices, and went to meetings.

His agent's a disgusting leech, he's greedy, and he's a jerk. I just don't know what any of that has to do with Owens' performance as a wide receiver, which is what he's paid to do.

The Eagles aren't going to trade him and they don't have the depth to bench him. Other than "Owens=jerk" where's the story here?
I guess the story is he may not play at all, and if he does play he may half ### it. Isn't that a story worth discussing?
Who is saying he won't play? Rosenhaus just said he'll do whatever the Eagles ask. Do you honestly believe that they're going to bench him for the year? Like him or hate him, TO's a draw, as is winning. Remember when Staley held out in 2003? Lots of hype about how Reid would take a hard line and bench him. Didn't happen. TO is a hell of a lot more valuable than Staley was, and he didn't hold out.

Deal?
let's not play that card.... do you really believe people should be paid 7 mill a year to have people watch them play a game....I think all pro athletes are OVERPAID but that's a seperate issue
Would you rather the owners get all the money instead? It's not just about playing a game. It's about putting asses in the seats!

Wood summed it up nicely here. The pattern shows that Owens is not willing to work with his coaches or teammates (sorry I can't get the quote feature to work right)

LHUCKS,

What's your agenda here other than being devil's advocate? It's not difficult to see that T.O. is most certainly being insubordinate at best, divisive at worst.
How? He showed up on time, his coach said he worked hard over the offseason and during practice. He's a jerk. Plenty of guys are jerks. Part of being a professional for other players and for Reid is setting aside personal stuff and doing your job.

What part of his contract has he not honored? They didn't sign him for being a classy guy. They signed him to catch passes.

He didn't hold out, he hasn't been arrested, he doesn't have a drug problem--Jamal Lewis reported to training camp late because he was in the federal penitentiary, but the story is that TO and Andy Reid had a fight? :cry:

Rovers,

C'mon buddy. Overblown? It's a friggin circus! If T.O. was a "professional" he would've showed up to camp and done what was asked. He doesn't have to talk to people, true. But Hugh Douglas and Brian Dawkins both have gone on Philly radio and said that TO has blatantly ignored their attempts to talk to him...not exactly the picture of communication TO painted tonight, is it?

He sat out four of five days of practice with a groin and then proceeded to catch passes with a trainer while he was supposed to be hurt!

He then proceeded to get into an argument with his coordinator.

He then proceeded to get into an argument with his head coach and was told to go home.

He then, again, supposedly with a hurt groin, went out and shot hoops and did crunches and lifted weights in front of the media and with helicopters flying overhead.

He was then suspended for a week by the team for conduct detrimental.

How on Earth can you say the story is overblown?

:confused:

T.O. himself told Berman tonight that he didn't honestly think it could work on the field this year between he and McNabb.

LHUCKS,

Sure he reported. And then he promptley suffered an "injury" and then went balistic on his head coach.I'm so touched by his decision to report to camp. What a guy.
At least he reported unlike guys like H Ward or A Gates, who don't seem to be getting any criticism at all.
not true Ward was offered the richest contract in Steelers history and turned it down, and a meesage board I visit blasted him.... but the big difference they don't cause a media circus, they handle it like Professionals not like a spoiled brat

About 2 months ago I was able to tour the Nova Care training center of the Eagles. Part of that tour included the locker room. There were about 20 or so of us and believe it or not, under the watchful eye of the Eagles' appointed tour leader, we had free reign to look closely into each locker. In T.O.'s locker hung a letter taped to the first shelf for all to see. It was dated prior to the Super Bowl and was addressed to him from the team, in particular Rick Burholder, trainer of the Eagles. It stated that the he(Burkholder) was NOT giving T.O. medical clearance to play in the Super Bowl. The letter emphasized that if T.O. chose to play, he was assuming all risk if he reinjured himself during the course of the game and the team would be absolved of any repsonsibility.

I think this helps to clarify the whole waiver thing somewhat. As it appears, the team WAS NOT 100% behind T.O. participation in the Super Bowl and seemingly, as evidenced by that letter, attempting to distance themselves from the risk/liabilty. Doesn't ring of the "We're in this together" mantra that someone mentioned earlier.
:goodposting: I told ya Owens is no liar, he maybe other things, but liar he is not!

Deal?
Of course I wouldn't. You're doing nothing to earn it. T.O. is. See the difference? (hint: it's kind of a big one)
TO's doing nothing to earn his salary at the moment. In fact, you could make a strong argument that based on everything he's done for the past several months he should give the Eagles their money back.

He wants respect...for what, being a royal pain in the A**? If you want respect you have to give respect. And weather TO believes it or not Andy Reid deserves the respect of any player on that team no matter what!! There is a common theme in TO's troubles and all he needs to do is look into the mirror to see the problem. It's time for TO to grow up!!
Actually, Reid told TO to shut up first...to TO that was disrespectful.If my boss told me to shutup in front of other people, I'm pretty sure I'd return the favor.
LHUCKS,What's your agenda here other than being devil's advocate? It's not difficult to see that T.O. is most certainly being insubordinate at best, divisive at worst.
How? He showed up on time, his coach said he worked hard over the offseason and during practice. He's a jerk. Plenty of guys are jerks. Part of being a professional for other players and for Reid is setting aside personal stuff and doing your job. What part of his contract has he not honored? They didn't sign him for being a classy guy. They signed him to catch passes.

Just to be clear, this ^ was "The Rover", NOT me! I am Rovers. I wish to be seperated from these comments in thier entirety.
maybe you and your five digit member number should ask Shick for a new name, so there won't be any confusion. :rolleyes:

I have never agreed with Lhucks before.  I feel dirty.

That being said, when did football become marriage counseling?  Who cares aobut communication?

His agent's a disgusting leech, he's greedy, and he's a jerk.  I just don't know what any of that has to do with Owens' performance as a wide receiver, which is what he's paid to do.

The Eagles aren't going to trade him and they don't have the depth to bench him.  Other than "Owens=jerk" where's the story here?
Who is saying he won't play? Rosenhaus just said he'll do whatever the Eagles ask. Do you honestly believe that they're going to bench him for the year? Like him or hate him, TO's a draw, as is winning. Remember when Staley held out in 2003? Lots of hype about how Reid would take a hard line and bench him. Didn't happen. TO is a hell of a lot more valuable than Staley was, and he didn't hold out.
I respectfully disagree. If TO does not perform as he is able, he will be benched, no? The purpose is to field the best possible team, and if TO is a detriment to that, then he will not play. That is a big deal to us FF'er...

Other than playing devil's advocate, my aim is to emphasize my initial belief that TO's side is being mischaracterized by the media. So I guess my agenda would be to make sure the less popular side is heard.
OK, I'll bite...how is TO's side being "mischaracterized?"
Jason,1) Early reports were that TO "walked out" of camp which was completely false, TO actually had to tell the media what really happened

2) The term "cancer" has been referenced several times when describing his actions in camp, yet all he has done is show up on time and do what has been asked of him.

3) The media initally reported that TO "swore" at Reid...which is a complete fallacy as well.

The media is very much in the wrong here on several different levels. There have been several other mischaracterizations...thes are the three that struck me as the most slanderous.

Deal?
Would you rather the owners get all the money instead? It's not just about playing a game. It's about putting asses in the seats!
IF I owned a company/team I should make more money then my employees... It's MY TEAM/COMPANY.... And everything in PRO SPORTS is over priced

I do my little crappy protest by not buying tickets or merchandise every year...

cancelled my Phils season tix becuase they raised prices...

probably doesn't mean much but it's my own protest :)

Deal?
TO's doing nothing to earn his salary at the moment. In fact, you could make a strong argument that based on everything he's done for the past several months he should give the Eagles their money back.
Well, it is August. He has proven in the past that he will deliver when it counts. That's what he's done to earn the money. If the Eagles don't want to pay it, fine. Then just cut him or trade him. Seems like a very simple solution to me.

This interview was so scripted on the TO side it was obvious.  They had exactly the same talking points as the PTI interview, even down to the smirky little nasal laugh by Rosenhaus when TO said "My last name's not Reid."

This has been a ploy from the outset. Have TO show up at camp to say he's honoring his contract, then be a cancer to the team until he becomes happy. Well guess what TO, you're NEVER going to be happy until you are put on some serious psychiatric medication.

And memo to Chris Berman -- you are a total tool and a ##### interviewer.
Having not actually been on the field I don't know from sure, but from the interviews I've seen I don't believe "cancer to the team" is an accurate representation of TO in camp. As he stated in his interview, he's not ignoring anybody who addresses him...he's simply going out there and doing his job. If somebody speaks to him he listens. If the communication requires a reply, he replies. The "cancer" characterization is partially a product of the media...again this is from what I've heard via interviews of players, coaches and TO. I haven't seen anything to contradict this.
Then he is getting bad advice from his tool agent.That is if TO is really innocent in all this.
what specifically is the bad advice that is being given?TO reported to camp on time despite being vastly underpaid this year.
I'm really curious why you continue to defend this guy.
I know you didn't ask me, but I'll tell you why I've been defending him:1.I think he's hilarious. I also think hes a great great players. Therefore, I'm a fan of his.

2.I always will defend a player's right to holdout as long as a team has a right to cut a player at any time. I will also root against teams that take a hard stance against any player asking for more money but then will cut a player at the drop of an earguard.

Deal?
IF I owned a company/team I should make more money then my employees... It's MY TEAM/COMPANY.... And everything in PRO SPORTS is over priced

I do my little crappy protest by not buying tickets or merchandise every year...

cancelled my Phils season tix becuase they raised prices...

probably doesn't mean much but it's my own protest :)
They do!!!

I respectfully disagree. If TO does not perform as he is able, he will be benched, no? The purpose is to field the best possible team, and if TO is a detriment to that, then he will not play. That is a big deal to us FF'er...
TO won't be benched on opening day, unless it's for the first play or two, so Reid can claim to make a statement by not starting him.$100 says he plays opening day, tarznatz. Do you REALLY believe they'll bench him?

On PTI, Rosenhaus said TO wasn't paid among the top 10 receivers.On NFL Live, Chris Mortensen said that based on the money in the last 2 years, TO was in the Top 5 among receivers for those 2 years.

On the halftime interview, Rosenhaus, switched gears and asked Berman, "Don't you think he deserves to be among the 10 highest paid players."
I could be wrong, but as I understand it...For this upcoming year, TO is not set to be within the top 10 paid WRs.

Owens said he is a team player because he risked his career to play in the Super Bowl. He said he also was forced to sign a secret waiver before the game.

"That's absolutely not true," said team president Joe Banner. "We never discussed it with him. We decided that if he's willing to take the risk to try to win the Super Bowl then we should be willing to take the same risk."

Owens' former agent David Joseph said shortly after the Super Bowl that Owens did not sign a waiver with the Eagles. It's possible Dr. Mark Myerson, the surgeon who operated on Owens' ankle, made him sign a waiver.

Owens confirmed earlier in the day that he told offensive coordinator Brad Childress not to speak to him unless Owens spoke to Childress first. He said that "every day [Childress is] saying spiteful stuff" to him in meetings.

He also said McNabb is a hypocrite for saying publicly that he did not plan on having a one-on-one meeting with Owens, while Owens claimed McNabb tried to set one up.

"I have no desire to talk to Donovan," he said.

"I said before that I don't respond to those things in the media," McNabb said through a team spokesperson. "That's not the game that I play."
http://www.aberdeennews.com/mld/aberdeenne...s/12361056.html

About 2 months ago I was able to tour the Nova Care training center of the Eagles.  Part of that tour included the locker room.  There were about 20 or so of us and believe it or not, under the watchful eye of the Eagles' appointed tour leader, we had free reign to look closely into each locker.  In T.O.'s locker hung a letter taped to the first shelf for all to see.  It was dated prior to the Super Bowl and was addressed to him from the team, in particular Rick Burholder, trainer of the Eagles.  It stated that the he(Burkholder) was NOT giving T.O. medical clearance to play in the Super Bowl.  The letter emphasized that if T.O. chose to play, he was assuming all risk if he reinjured himself during the course of the game and the team would be absolved of any repsonsibility.

I think this helps to clarify the whole waiver thing somewhat.  As it appears, the team WAS NOT 100% behind T.O. participation in the Super Bowl and seemingly, as evidenced by that letter, attempting to distance themselves from the risk/liabilty.  Doesn't ring of the "We're in this together" mantra that someone mentioned earlier.
:goodposting: I told ya Owens is no liar, he maybe other things, but liar he is not!
the first quote says different :P

Deal?
Well, it is August. He has proven in the past that he will deliver when it counts. That's what he's done to earn the money. If the Eagles don't want to pay it, fine. Then just cut him or trade him. Seems like a very simple solution to me.
little problem called the salary cap.

Deal?
Simple to you, not to the Eagles, who planned on having him in their lineup. So we come back to the argument that he signed a contract. He may show up, but showing up doesn't cut it - he has to perform. I can show up to work but if I don;t do it well, I get canned. Well, he's got to pay the price if he sucks it up on purpose. Go Giants!

Deal?
There are other aspects to a professional football player's job than just showing up and performing on game days.

Deal?
little problem called the salary cap.
There are ways around that. They're smart, creative people.

On PTI, Rosenhaus said TO wasn't paid among the top 10 receivers.On NFL Live, Chris Mortensen said that based on the money in the last 2 years, TO was in the Top 5 among receivers for those 2 years.

On the halftime interview, Rosenhaus, switched gears and asked Berman, "Don't you think he deserves to be among the 10 highest paid players."
I could be wrong, but as I understand it...For this upcoming year, TO is not set to be within the top 10 paid WRs.
For this upcoming year, Peyton Manning is not in the top 10 of highest paid QB's. In fact most backups are making more than his $635,000. Why isn't his heart broken?

This interview was so scripted on the TO side it was obvious.  They had exactly the same talking points as the PTI interview, even down to the smirky little nasal laugh by Rosenhaus when TO said "My last name's not Reid."

This has been a ploy from the outset. Have TO show up at camp to say he's honoring his contract, then be a cancer to the team until he becomes happy. Well guess what TO, you're NEVER going to be happy until you are put on some serious psychiatric medication.

And memo to Chris Berman -- you are a total tool and a ##### interviewer.
Having not actually been on the field I don't know from sure, but from the interviews I've seen I don't believe "cancer to the team" is an accurate representation of TO in camp. As he stated in his interview, he's not ignoring anybody who addresses him...he's simply going out there and doing his job. If somebody speaks to him he listens. If the communication requires a reply, he replies. The "cancer" characterization is partially a product of the media...again this is from what I've heard via interviews of players, coaches and TO. I haven't seen anything to contradict this.
Then he is getting bad advice from his tool agent.That is if TO is really innocent in all this.
what specifically is the bad advice that is being given?TO reported to camp on time despite being vastly underpaid this year.
I'm really curious why you continue to defend this guy.
I know you didn't ask me, but I'll tell you why I've been defending him:1.I think he's hilarious. I also think hes a great great players. Therefore, I'm a fan of his.

2.I always will defend a player's right to holdout as long as a team has a right to cut a player at any time. I will also root against teams that take a hard stance against any player asking for more money but then will cut a player at the drop of an earguard.
the way the NFL is designed now though is players would not be getting these huge salaries and bonuses becuase they can get cut....the players want both a BIG PAY DAY and guranteed money in reality I think

if they went to a guranteed system, salaries would drop significantly... just my .02

This thread is growing faster than I can read it.Anyways, complaining to the media is a cheap way out...and the media is just feeding on this ####. Looks to me like Eagles never intended to have TO for more than 2 years, but TO should have known that from the way its structured.I stopped watching NBA because of crap from players like this, I rerally hope that the Eagles will let him rot for one year without game time and let him go before next bonus is due. Then hopefully not one team would be willing to signing him at big money again...hopefully...

For this upcoming year, Peyton Manning is not in the top 10 of highest paid QB's. In fact most backups are making more than his $635,000. Why isn't his heart broken?
Because unlike T.O., Manning got a huge signing bonus. I think that answers your question.

Stop bringing logic and common sense into the TO discussion. :D

This thread is growing faster than I can read it.

Anyways, complaining to the media is a cheap way out...and the media is just feeding on this ####. Looks to me like Eagles never intended to have TO for more than 2 years, but TO should have known that from the way its structured.

I stopped watching NBA because of crap from players like this, I rerally hope that the Eagles will let him rot for one year without game time and let him go before next bonus is due. Then hopefully not one team would be willing to signing him at big money again...hopefully...
Yes, he'll be forced to take one year deals at less thatn he thinks he is worth because no one will want to "take the risk." In the end he'll end up getting hurt, having to no long tem deal to fall back on and end up begging on the streets of nowhere land in ten years....

Users who are viewing this thread