What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Are you guys watching this $#!t on ESPN (2 Viewers)

And one more real question if Berman ran out of soft balls, "Can you produce a copy of the Superbowl Waiver? You surely kept a reciept, right?"

Here's what I don't get (assuming TO is telling the truth): He signed this waiver and says he put his career on the line. If he would have been injured he would be out of a job. Doesn't that mean he would be a free agent? :confused: Isn't that what he wants?!?!?!

Huge Eagles homer here.I would rather the eagles trade him, but thats not an option according to Banner/Reid. That being said. Keep him off the playing field for the entire year and teach him, Rottenhaus, and the entire NFL a lesson. And I think exactly that is going to happen....when they win the superbowl.

I was hoping Berman was going to ask, "T.O you are obviously a bright guy,  :lmao: if the contract you have is so poor why did you agree to it just last year????"
:goodposting: EXACTLY.
TO didn't have a lot of options.
he didn't have a lot of options because no one thought he was worth the pick and $$$ the fact that Philly's deal was better than Baltimore's and he didn't have a lot of options, kind of back up the teams decision that he's paid "market value"

Last edited by a moderator:
If TO wants anyone to take his side he needs to do two things:1. Shut the hell up.2. Get someone other than Drew Rosenhaus to represent you.I don't know what's worse, listening to TO point the finger at everyone else for all his troubles or Rosenhaus pulling out the lame "his heart is broken" card.

TO needs a reality check, if someone was paying me $7 million a year and they told me to shut the f* up.  id be shutting the F* real fast.
If somebody was paying me $7 million a year they would never have to tell me to shut the f**k up because I'd never give them any reason to.
Think about it, if I made $100,000 a year, it would take me 70 years just to make what he did in one season. And I'm supposed to feel bad for him because his coach told him to shutup and his heart's broken?! :no: :hot: :thumbdown:

I was hoping Berman was going to ask, "T.O you are obviously a bright guy, :lmao: if the contract you have is so poor why did you agree to it just last year????"
And, the Stupid TO Apologist Award goes to...LHUCKS!
Insult #3 in case the mods are around.
"Stupid" was referring to TO. Or...errr...something like that.Alright, it crossed the line, I admit. :P

Where's the retract button?

This interview was so scripted on the TO side it was obvious. They had exactly the same talking points as the PTI interview, even down to the smirky little nasal laugh by Rosenhaus when TO said "My last name's not Reid."This has been a ploy from the outset. Have TO show up at camp to say he's honoring his contract, then be a cancer to the team until he becomes happy. Well guess what TO, you're NEVER going to be happy until you are put on some serious psychiatric medication.And memo to Chris Berman -- you are a total tool and a ##### interviewer.

I was hoping Berman was going to ask, "T.O you are obviously a bright guy, :lmao: if the contract you have is so poor why did you agree to it just last year????"
OOooooooooohh...I think he's telling :cry:
Yeah, it has that sort of kindergarten feel to it, doesn't it?It's ok, I admit...I crossed the line on that one. I probably could've conveyed the same sentiment without using the word "stupid."

Huge Eagles homer here.

I would rather the eagles trade him, but thats not an option according to Banner/Reid.

That being said. Keep him off the playing field for the entire year and teach him, Rottenhaus, and the entire NFL a lesson. And I think exactly that is going to happen....when they win the superbowl.
If this happened my 2nd favorite team would be the Eagles. No one player should be bigger than the entire league.

HE's a flat out liar, I live 10 minutes from him, I blowing up his house NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The waiver was a doctor's waiver not a TEAM waiver...

ONCE again HE's the victim, they don't say how he was the top 3 wr last year in pay......

He's just trying to get traded....

I'm so ANGRY... I don't really post here much but I can't control myself
I've said that TO should honor the contract he signed just last yr, but one thing he is not is a liar. I think Reid and the Eagles are painting themselves into a corner with this media circus that they have created. So what if TO and McNabb are not on speaking terms off the field. Why did Reid wait ten days to have contact with Owens?

I was hoping Berman was going to ask, "T.O you are obviously a bright guy,  :lmao: if the contract you have is so poor why did you agree to it just last year????"
OOooooooooohh...I think he's telling :cry:
Yeah, it has that sort of kindergarten feel to it, doesn't it?It's ok, I admit...I crossed the line on that one. I probably could've conveyed the same sentiment without using the word "stupid."
He doesn't have to tell. I can read.You're right, that was over. Thanks for realizing that and please don't do it again. Thanks.

J

This interview was so scripted on the TO side it was obvious.  They had exactly the same talking points as the PTI interview, even down to the smirky little nasal laugh by Rosenhaus when TO said "My last name's not Reid."

This has been a ploy from the outset. Have TO show up at camp to say he's honoring his contract, then be a cancer to the team until he becomes happy. Well guess what TO, you're NEVER going to be happy until you are put on some serious psychiatric medication.

And memo to Chris Berman -- you are a total tool and a ##### interviewer.
Having not actually been on the preseason practice field I don't know for sure, but from the interviews I've seen I don't believe "cancer to the team" is an accurate representation of TO's actions in camp. As he stated in his interview, he's not ignoring anybody who addresses him. He's simply going out there and doing his job. If somebody speaks to him he listens. If the communication requires a reply, he replies. The "cancer" characterization is partially a product of the media from what I've gathered. Again this is from what I've heard via interviews of players, coaches and TO. I haven't seen or heard anything to contradict this.

LHUCKS,If TO didn't have alot of options last year, what has changed since then to make you think he has them now? If anything, he has less options. Last year only Baltimore and Philadelphia had any interest. Who's gonna want to trade for him now. Even if he finds a team that will give adequate compensation in a trade to Philly, that team also has to have enough cap space to sign him to a new deal. Bottom line, either TO plays in Philly this year, or he doesn't play at all. In the offseason he'll be moved or cut.

HE's a flat out liar, I live 10 minutes from him, I blowing up his house NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ONCE again HE's the victim, they don't say how he was the top 3 wr last year in pay......

I've said that TO should honor the contract he signed just last yr, but one thing he is not is a liar. I think Reid and the Eagles are painting themselves into a corner with this media circus that they have created. So what if TO and McNabb are not on speaking terms off the field. Why did Reid wait ten days to have contact with Owens?
Hi Irish,Would you agree that someone is lying on the special super bowl waiver thing?

J

"My mommy taught me how to be a strong person" (points to chest with pic of momma) . MeShaun this guys ####. then, let him play in the arena league.

no I think he's a liar or maybe just delusional, maybe the TEAM president is lying about a team waiver... I know he had to sign a Doctor's waiver not a team waiver...But he's a story twister in my book... no matter what he does NO WRONG in his book

This interview was so scripted on the TO side it was obvious.  They had exactly the same talking points as the PTI interview, even down to the smirky little nasal laugh by Rosenhaus when TO said "My last name's not Reid."

This has been a ploy from the outset. Have TO show up at camp to say he's honoring his contract, then be a cancer to the team until he becomes happy. Well guess what TO, you're NEVER going to be happy until you are put on some serious psychiatric medication.

Having not actually been on the field I don't know from sure, but from the interviews I've seen I don't believe "cancer to the team" is an accurate representation of TO in camp. As he stated in his interview, he's not ignoring anybody who addresses him...he's simply going out there and doing his job. If somebody speaks to him he listens. If the communication requires a reply, he replies. The "cancer" characterization is partially a product of the media...again this is from what I've heard via interviews of players, coaches and TO. I haven't seen anything to contradict this.
Then he is getting bad advice from his tool agent.That is if TO is really innocent in all this.

LHUCKS,

If TO didn't have alot of options last year, what has changed since then to make you think he has them now? If anything, he has less options. Last year only Baltimore and Philadelphia had any interest. Who's gonna want to trade for him now. Even if he finds a team that will give adequate compensation in a trade to Philly, that team also has to have enough cap space to sign him to a new deal. Bottom line, either TO plays in Philly this year, or he doesn't play at all. In the offseason he'll be moved or cut.
TO reported to camp on time...I think that's what's being missed here.

The "cancer" characterization is partially a product of the media...again this is from what I've heard via interviews of players, coaches and TO. I haven't seen anything to contradict this.
He's been calling out McNabb for months. First he tried to deny he was doing it -- and does anybody still believe that load of crap -- now he's not even pretending anymore. Along with Andy Reid, Donovan McNabb is the key figure on the Philadelphia Eagles football team and he's engaged in a screaming match with the former and he's spent the last few months taking shots at the latter.You don't think that's going to cause a problem in the locker room?

Sorry, TO's a cancer. Always has been; always will be. Helluva WR when he wants to be, but that doesn't change the fact he's a cancer.

Could everyone just please take a freakin' breath here?I'm not a T.O. apologist but I sure am sick and tired of Joe Blow Message Board Poster crying about how he doesn't make any money so why should T.O. be upset with 12 million.We on this board cannot understand what that life is like and are in no position to say what he's doing is wrong and that we wouldn't do it. It's all relative. If he feels he's being underpaid compared to other people in his profession, it's his right to complain about it and ask for something to be done about it. The Eagles don't have to. That's up to them.And I also strongly believe that no one on this message board knows the finer points of the contract T.O. signed and where he ACTUALLY ranks among WR salaries around the league. Contracts are not guaranteed by owners, so how can it be so terrible for a player to want to re-do deal? Owners cut players all the time and tear up contracts or force them to take paycuts. It goes both ways. That's a product of the system.Is T.O. going about this the right way? Well, that's up to him and his agent to decide. If you don't like it, don't buy his jersey.

Having not actually been on the field I don't know from sure, but from the interviews I've seen I don't believe "cancer to the team" is an accurate representation of TO in camp. As he stated in his interview, he's not ignoring anybody who addresses him...he's simply going out there and doing his job. If somebody speaks to him he listens. If the communication requires a reply, he replies. The "cancer" characterization is partially a product of the media...again this is from what I've heard via interviews of players, coaches and TO. I haven't seen anything to contradict this.
I saw cancer yesterday when he refused to practice with the team, on the field where The team was, because of a groin pull. I saw cancer when he was lifting weights and doing sit ups in his drive way while he has said groin pull. I heard but was not on the drive way that he was shooting hoops too.Now he's starting a verbal war with the franchise player and the head coach.

I'll go with Cancer. :rant:

Here's a conspiracy theory:Rosenhaus already has a secret deal waiting with a new team that will pay TO what he wants....However, TO has to get out of the contract somehow, so these two are acting like absolute lunatics make the Eagles get so sick of him that he is given his release.(I know, its collusion and all, but I wouldn't put anything past these guys and I can not think of any reasonable explanation why an agent and player would behave so foolishly.)

He wants respect...for what, being a royal pain in the A**? If you want respect you have to give respect. And weather TO believes it or not Andy Reid deserves the respect of any player on that team no matter what!! There is a common theme in TO's troubles and all he needs to do is look into the mirror to see the problem. It's time for TO to grow up!! Now my life force is offically drained for the night...

Then he is getting bad advice from his tool agent.That is if TO is really innocent in all this.
what specifically is the bad advice that is being given?TO reported to camp on time despite being vastly underpaid this year.

LHUCKS,

If TO didn't have alot of options last year, what has changed since then to make you think he has them now? If anything, he has less options. Last year only Baltimore and Philadelphia had any interest. Who's gonna want to trade for him now. Even if he finds a team that will give adequate compensation in a trade to Philly, that team also has to have enough cap space to sign him to a new deal. Bottom line, either TO plays in Philly this year, or he doesn't play at all. In the offseason he'll be moved or cut.
Sure he reported. And then he promptley suffered an "injury" and then went balistic on his head coach.I'm so touched by his decision to report to camp. What a guy.

LHUCKS,

And, he promptly, conveniently, came down with a cranky groin.I'm sure he wouldn't fake it to cause any more aggravation. Nothing TO wants less than to cause problems for the teams on whom he plays.

Geez - we need explain why TO is a cancer to the team when he doesnt talk to anyone, when he just wants to practices by himself and he tells the coaches to shut up. Sorry but 53 players can't run this thing. Andy Read's team got to the championship 4 years without TO. If one reciever thinks he can hold this team hostage he is going to get a reality check reat fast.

He wants respect...for what, being a royal pain in the A**? If you want respect you have to give respect. And weather TO believes it or not Andy Reid deserves the respect of any player on that team no matter what!! There is a common theme in TO's troubles and all he needs to do is look into the mirror to see the problem. It's time for TO to grow up!!
Actually, Reid told TO to shut up first...to TO that was disrespectful.If my boss told me to shutup in front of other people, I'm pretty sure I'd return the favor.

in the interview he also said he doesn't think him and McNabb can play together..... don't know what that means but he's been calling McNabb a compnay man, yes man this whole offseasonI mean is this not the exact same situation as the last 2 years in San Fran? And once again T.O is at the center of it....He completely innocent :rolleyes:

This interview was so scripted on the TO side it was obvious. They had exactly the same talking points as the PTI interview, even down to the smirky little nasal laugh by Rosenhaus when TO said "My last name's not Reid."

Having not actually been on the preseason practice field I don't know for sure, but from the interviews I've seen I don't believe "cancer to the team" is an accurate representation of TO's actions in camp. As he stated in his interview, he's not ignoring anybody who addresses him. He's simply going out there and doing his job. If somebody speaks to him he listens. If the communication requires a reply, he replies. The "cancer" characterization is partially a product of the media from what I've gathered. Again this is from what I've heard via interviews of players, coaches and TO. I haven't seen or heard anything to contradict this.
You've heard it all day -- TO has no interest in being pleasant or being a team player unless he gets a new contract. He's not going to talk to McNabb, he doesn't want to be coached. He knows better than coaches and management. Seems pretty malignant to me. The Eagles simply can't have this guy on the field anymore. I feel the Eagles will make him sit out the entire season -- I'll be very surprised if a trade is even workable at this point.

He wants respect...for what, being a royal pain in the A**? If you want respect you have to give respect. And weather TO believes it or not Andy Reid deserves the respect of any player on that team no matter what!! There is a common theme in TO's troubles and all he needs to do is look into the mirror to see the problem. It's time for TO to grow up!!
Actually, Reid told TO to shut up first...to TO that was disrespectful.If my boss told me to shutup in front of other people, I'm pretty sure I'd return the favor.
LHUCKS,What's your agenda here other than being devil's advocate? It's not difficult to see that T.O. is most certainly being insubordinate at best, divisive at worst.

Hugh Douglas was on Philly radio today and of course TO came up. (imagine that) There was a report that TO dissed Hugh on the field, Hugh was reluctant to get into it, but did say "Hey I extended my hand and tried to talk, but was flat ignored". He later said that he only has so much professionalism in him and that he was done trying to associate with TO. And that's not a rook, Hugh Douglas is a leader of the team and in the locker room.

Man, I am right there with you!!! The way Rosenslouch argued for TO was nauseating. He turned everything on it's head. Why do we live in a society where people can make the most ludicrous arguments and if there is ONLY .001% truth in what they say, then they are given consideration like they're argument has 99.9% validity? and - "oh well, that's they're opinion and we have to be considerate and fair." Are there no absolute truths any more? I about fell in the floor when Rosenslouch actually had the gall to say that TO was heart broken. I fully believe now (from the way Rosenslouch talks) that all of this was orchestrated. Their plan was to make life for every Eagle's player hell until they had to do something with him. I fully hope they send him home and do not trade him. Who in their right mind would take him? They keep saying that he is not in the top ten in paid WR's, but Mortenson dispelled that myth on ESPN. But even if this were true he signed a contract. He can't blame that on his former agent - his agent didn't sign the contract. It boggles my mind how they think they habve half a leg to stand on. But I do not care if TO is available in the 10th round -I will not draft him. I won't even get into his statement that he thinks he and McNabb cannot function together this year. He and Slouch are blatantly trying to sabotage the Eagles and blackmail them. I certainly hope the Eagles do not cave on this!

LHUCKS,What's your agenda here other than being devil's advocate? It's not difficult to see that T.O. is most certainly being insubordinate at best, divisive at worst.
I'm starting to wonder if maybe Drew Rosenhaus is here. :D

what specifically is the bad advice that is being given.TO reported to camp on time despite being vastly underpaid this year.
Vastly underpaid how? He's the third highest paid WRin the league. Arguably, he's the third best WR in football. He's attempting to hold out for McNabb $$ and that is not going to happen. TO was a Free Agent last year and signed for the most the market warranted. The Eagles did not win the Super Bowl last year. What has he done?

Is T.O. going about this the right way? Well, that's up to him and his agent to decide. If you don't like it, don't buy his jersey.
Hi mne,To be fair. This is a message board where we discuss / dissect / praise / criticize / scrutinize what these guys are doing. Not liking something and talking about it is pretty much what we do here.

J

This interview was so scripted on the TO side it was obvious. They had exactly the same talking points as the PTI interview, even down to the smirky little nasal laugh by Rosenhaus when TO said "My last name's not Reid."

Hugh Douglas was on Philly radio today and of course TO came up. (imagine that) There was a report that TO dissed Hugh on the field, Hugh was reluctant to get into it, but did say "Hey I extended my hand and tried to talk, but was flat ignored". He later said that he only has so much professionalism in him and that he was done trying to associate with TO. And that's not a rook, Hugh Douglas is a leader of the team and in the locker room.
Nope, TO's no team cancer. Not at all.

what specifically is the bad advice that is being given?TO reported to camp on time despite being vastly underpaid this year.
I'm really curious why you continue to defend this guy.

And I also strongly believe that no one on this message board knows the finer points of the contract T.O. signed and where he ACTUALLY ranks among WR salaries around the league. Contracts are not guaranteed by owners, so how can it be so terrible for a player to want to re-do deal? Owners cut players all the time and tear up contracts or force them to take paycuts. It goes both ways. That's a product of the system.

Is T.O. going about this the right way? Well, that's up to him and his agent to decide. If you don't like it, don't buy his jersey.
On PTI, Rosenhaus said TO wasn't paid among the top 10 receivers.On NFL Live, Chris Mortensen said that based on the money in the last 2 years, TO was in the Top 5 among receivers for those 2 years.

On the halftime interview, Rosenhaus, switched gears and asked Berman, "Don't you think he deserves to be among the 10 highest paid players."

I would have loved to be sitting next to Bill Parcells / Bill Cowher / Jon Gruden et all when T.O. was talking about the horror of being told to shut up.J

Last I checked this is the world of football and not the real business world. So, should TO of gone to the HR department and reported Andy for hurting his feelings? I can't believe that you truely believe that TO has been wronged and he is innocent in this confrontation.

Hi mne,To be fair. This is a message board where we discuss / dissect / praise / criticize / scrutinize what these guys are doing. Not liking something and talking about it is pretty much what we do here.

J
I understand that, but who's whining more - T.O. or all the T.O. haters?

Users who are viewing this thread