What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Are you guys watching this $#!t on ESPN (1 Viewer)

He wants respect...for what, being a royal pain in the A**? If you want respect you have to give respect. And weather TO believes it or not Andy Reid deserves the respect of any player on that team no matter what!! There is a common theme in TO's troubles and all he needs to do is look into the mirror to see the problem. It's time for TO to grow up!!
Actually, Reid told TO to shut up first...to TO that was disrespectful.If my boss told me to shutup in front of other people, I'm pretty sure I'd return the favor.
If you worked for a company that paid u 12 million the past 2 years in various bonues, etc. and your supervisor told you to shut up, you can have fun telling him to shut up right back.

Could everyone just please take a freakin' breath here?

And I also strongly believe that no one on this message board knows the finer points of the contract T.O. signed and where he ACTUALLY ranks among WR salaries around the league. Contracts are not guaranteed by owners, so how can it be so terrible for a player to want to re-do deal? Owners cut players all the time and tear up contracts or force them to take paycuts. It goes both ways. That's a product of the system.

Is T.O. going about this the right way? Well, that's up to him and his agent to decide. If you don't like it, don't buy his jersey.
um 7.4 cap hit for 2004 9.2 mil totalactually thin he was the 4th highest paid WR last year

And this was the same Rosenhaus that told Leigh Steinberg on Quite Frankly yesterday that he does NOT use the media for negotiations.
no he didn't...he admitted that he used any source necessary many times.

And I also strongly believe that no one on this message board knows the finer points of the contract T.O. signed and where he ACTUALLY ranks among WR salaries around the league. Contracts are not guaranteed by owners, so how can it be so terrible for a player to want to re-do deal? Owners cut players all the time and tear up contracts or force them to take paycuts. It goes both ways. That's a product of the system.

Is T.O. going about this the right way? Well, that's up to him and his agent to decide. If you don't like it, don't buy his jersey.
On PTI, Rosenhaus said TO wasn't paid among the top 10 receivers.On NFL Live, Chris Mortensen said that based on the money in the last 2 years, TO was in the Top 5 among receivers for those 2 years.

On the halftime interview, Rosenhaus, switched gears and asked Berman, "Don't you think he deserves to be among the 10 highest paid players."
Last two years have nothing to do with it. They're talking about this year. Maybe they're lying. Maybe they're not. I don't know. No one here does either. That's the point.

If DR is such a great agent why is his client coming back after only one year wanting more money. You would think he would have backed the Brinks truck up last year. I can just hear the Eagles locker room groan when TO said "Ask the players what happened". I'll bet #### was said more than once. Something like this can tear a team apart, camp is supposed to unite a team, not have everyone ticked at each other. It doesn't look good for the Eagles right now.

He wants respect...for what, being a royal pain in the A**? If you want respect you have to give respect. And weather TO believes it or not Andy Reid deserves the respect of any player on that team no matter what!! There is a common theme in TO's troubles and all he needs to do is look into the mirror to see the problem. It's time for TO to grow up!!
Actually, Reid told TO to shut up first...to TO that was disrespectful.If my boss told me to shutup in front of other people, I'm pretty sure I'd return the favor.
LHUCKS,What's your agenda here other than being devil's advocate? It's not difficult to see that T.O. is most certainly being insubordinate at best, divisive at worst.
Other than playing devil's advocate, my aim is to emphasize my initial belief that TO's side is being mischaracterized by the media. So I guess my agenda would be to make sure the less popular side is heard.

Hi mne,To be fair. This is a message board where we discuss / dissect / praise / criticize / scrutinize what these guys are doing. Not liking something and talking about it is pretty much what we do here.

J
I understand that, but who's whining more - T.O. or all the T.O. haters?
I don't think anyone is whining. TO is doing what he's doing and lots of people are saying they think what he's doing sucks.

J

If DR is such a great agent why is his client coming back after only one year wanting more money. You would think he would have backed the Brinks truck up last year.
Rosenhaus wasn't TO's agent last year.
I can just hear the Eagles locker room groan when TO said "Ask the players what happened". I'll bet #### was said more than once.
TO acting like being yelled at by a coach is some ungodly insult is freaking classic. What an unbelievable tool this guy is. Hey, nobody likes being yelled at but that's gonna happen in sports. Be a man, suck it up and deal.

If DR is such a great agent why is his client coming back after only one year wanting more money. You would think he would have backed the Brinks truck up last year.

I can just hear the Eagles locker room groan when TO said "Ask the players what happened". I'll bet #### was said more than once.

Something like this can tear a team apart, camp is supposed to unite a team, not have everyone ticked at each other. It doesn't look good for the Eagles right now.
That contract wasn't Rosenhaus' work.

LHUCKS,What's your agenda here other than being devil's advocate? It's not difficult to see that T.O. is most certainly being insubordinate at best, divisive at worst.
Other than playing devil's advocate, my aim is to emphasize my initial belief that TO's side is being mischaracterized by the media. So I guess my agenda would be to make sure the less popular side is heard.
OK, I'll bite...how is TO's side being "mischaracterized?"

How? He showed up on time, his coach said he worked hard over the offseason and during practice. He's a jerk. Plenty of guys are jerks. Part of being a professional for other players and for Reid is setting aside personal stuff and doing your job. What part of his contract has he not honored? They didn't sign him for being a classy guy. They signed him to catch passes.

He didn't hold out, he hasn't been arrested, he doesn't have a drug problem--Jamal Lewis reported to training camp late because he was in the federal penitentiary, but the story is that TO and Andy Reid had a fight? :cry:

This is the most overblown story of the preseason. Owens isn't happy. Big deal.

um 7.4 cap hit for 2004 9.2 mil totalactually thin he was the 4th highest paid WR last year
Cap hits and money actually received are two completely different things.

[partial hijack] new here this year, I think I found a new homelove the discussions and board[/hijack]resume T.O. discussions

I would have loved to be sitting next to Bill Parcells / Bill Cowher / Jon Gruden et all when T.O. was talking about the horror of being told to shut up.J
TO didn't leave camp though, he was asked to leave camp after returning the favor.

We all just saw TO's side. We all heard it loud and clear. There's no confusion. And we're all laughing at him. Nicely done TO. :lmao:

The 4pm ESPN show said that TO told the Eagles Offensive Coordinator "Dont talk to me unless I talk to you first", which added to Reid's ire.

I respect that lhucks, and I think its healthy for the conversation. I also agree that the initial assumption of how undefendable TO has been is not entirely accurate. His side does have something of an argument. He's not breaking his contract, he's not breaking any law. The only problem I see with this line of thought is you have to believe TO almost verbatum to have even a chance of respecting him. If you cut it even remotely down the middle he and his agent come off as colosal ###-clowns, most importantly to the Eagles players, particularly the young, underpaid ones.

If Drew thinks TO should be the top 10 paid player in football instead of just the top 10 paid reciever he really needs to go back on his meds.

I dunno rover,When TO is answering the question of "are you going to be in uniform September 11?" with "Who knows?", that's a huge story.

I've said publicly I think he'll be an Eagle this year and things will work out, but there is a real possiblity something bad happens here to one of the premier players in the game. Thats' big.

J

He showed up on time, his coach said he worked hard over the offseason and during practice. He's a jerk. Plenty of guys are jerks. Part of being a professional for other players and for Reid is setting aside personal stuff and doing your job.

What part of his contract has he not honored? They didn't sign him for being a classy guy. They signed him to catch passes.

He didn't hold out, he hasn't been arrested, he doesn't have a drug problem--Jamal Lewis reported to training camp late because he was in the federal penitentiary, but the story is that TO and Andy Reid had a fight? :cry:

:goodposting: And I would add, Philly knew what they were getting into. I have no sympathy for them.

Cap hits and money actually received are two completely different things.
i know ... he received 9.2 million and that has been or will be paid it's guranteed from this point forward... 2005 money is seperate.... the only thing he can lose of that 9.2 is the 1.75 of the signing bonus that could be recouped if he held out

The 4pm ESPN show said that TO told the Eagles Offensive Coordinator "Dont talk to me unless I talk to you first", which added to Reid's ire.
To me, this is the most serious charge of all. J

Exactly, and that's why I was disappointed that they didn't bring up the obvious insubordination in the interview.I guess TO must not think Brad Childress is "a grown man".

I was hoping Berman was going to ask, "T.O you are obviously a bright guy,  :lmao: if the contract you have is so poor why did you agree to it just last year????"
:goodposting: EXACTLY.
TO didn't have a lot of options.
And, the Stupid TO Apologist Award goes to...LHUCKS!
Insult #3 in case the mods are around.
OOooooooooohh...I think he's telling :cry:
Yeah, it has that sort of kindergarten feel to it, doesn't it?It's ok, I admit...I crossed the line on that one. I probably could've conveyed the same sentiment without using the word "stupid."
Oh come on. This guy cuts people down every day. Don't apologize.

To me, this is the most serious charge of all. J
Basically everything we're hearing is talking about what a major a*****e TO was. His side of the story is the head coach was mean to him. TO really needs to shut the hell up. He's killing himself. I don't know how anybody who isn't financially connected to Terrell Owens or a member of the Owens family can honestly side with this tool.

How? He showed up on time, his coach said he worked hard over the offseason and during practice. He's a jerk. Plenty of guys are jerks. Part of being a professional for other players and for Reid is setting aside personal stuff and doing your job. What part of his contract has he not honored? They didn't sign him for being a classy guy. They signed him to catch passes.

Rovers,C'mon buddy. Overblown? It's a friggin circus! If T.O. was a "professional" he would've showed up to camp and done what was asked. He doesn't have to talk to people, true. But Hugh Douglas and Brian Dawkins both have gone on Philly radio and said that TO has blatantly ignored their attempts to talk to him...not exactly the picture of communication TO painted tonight, is it?

He sat out four of five days of practice with a groin and then proceeded to catch passes with a trainer while he was supposed to be hurt!

He then proceeded to get into an argument with his coordinator.

He then proceeded to get into an argument with his head coach and was told to go home.

He then, again, supposedly with a hurt groin, went out and shot hoops and did crunches and lifted weights in front of the media and with helicopters flying overhead.

He was then suspended for a week by the team for conduct detrimental.

How on Earth can you say the story is overblown?

:confused:

T.O. himself told Berman tonight that he didn't honestly think it could work on the field this year between he and McNabb.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was hoping Berman was going to ask, "T.O you are obviously a bright guy,  :lmao: if the contract you have is so poor why did you agree to it just last year????"
Answer to that:If Peter Warrick was so overpaid, why'd the bengals give him so much a few years ago and now want it back?

And the answer to both of these questions: Both teams and players know that any contract in the NFL is really just a one year contract since both players and teams have the capability to want to have it voided after any year where they outperform or underperform it.

Here's a conspiracy theory:

Rosenhaus already has a secret deal waiting with a new team that will pay TO what he wants....However, TO has to get out of the contract somehow, so these two are acting like absolute lunatics make the Eagles get so sick of him that he is given his release.

(I know, its collusion and all, but I wouldn't put anything past these guys and I can not think of any reasonable explanation why an agent and player would behave so foolishly.)
This is about the most plausible explanation that I've heard so far. T.O. is doing everything he can to get out of Philly, and both he and DR can't possibly think that their antics would look good to any potential team -- unless they already have something in the works.

This is the most overblown story of the preseason.  Owens isn't happy.  Big deal.
I dunno rover,When TO is answering the question of "are you going to be in uniform September 11?" with "Who knows?", that's a huge story.

I've said publicly I think he'll be an Eagle this year and things will work out, but there is a real possiblity something bad happens here to one of the premier players in the game. Thats' big.

J
Hey Joe "Where you going with that gun in your hand" Sorry sorry couldn't resist. I think that when T.O. says something negative like that "Who knows" and the other bit on the Chemistry/McNabb question that it appears that he is trying too hard to convey the tough guy image. Sometimes he says things that roll off in a semi-presentable manner. Usually they radiate a tad more truth. Like, the whole I played in the Super Bowl rant. When he is given the doomsday questions, he doesn't convey that same clarity when he delivers the blow. They are like squirt gun shots, not magnums. Although, I'll admit (as a humongo Eagle fan) that the whole dialouge is frightening.

Rovers,C'mon buddy. Overblown? It's a friggin circus! If T.O. was a "professional" he would've showed up to camp and done what was asked. He doesn't have to talk to people, true. But Hugh Douglas and Brian Dawkins both have gone on Philly radio and said that TO has blatantly ignored their attempts to talk to him...not exactly the picture of communication TO painted tonight, is it?

He sat out four of five days of practice with a groin and then proceeded to catch passes with a trainer while he was supposed to be hurt!

He then proceeded to get into an argument with his coordinator.

He then proceeded to get into an argument with his head coach and was told to go home.

He then, again, supposedly with a hurt groin, went out and shot hoops and did crunches and lifted weights in front of the media and with helicopters flying overhead.

He was then suspended for a week by the team for conduct detrimental.

How on Earth can you say the story is overblown?

:confused:

T.O. himself told Berman tonight that he didn't honestly think it could work on the field this year between he and McNabb.
But his heart is broken Jason. His heart is broken.

As a Giants fan, I am especially enjoying this. I think ProFootballTalk has it right - the Eagles will hope he holds out, not pay him and try to recoup signing bonus money. If he reports and his conduct is detrimental, they can alos withold payment, I believe. see link:

http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

I can assure you that i won;t be drafting him unless this gets cleared up right quick.... :bye:

J
I think Rosenhaus made it clear that TO is going to do what the team tells him to do. TO didn't hold out, the Eagles aren't going to trade him, and they sure as hell don't have the depth to bench him. TO will play. Remember all the hype about how Reid would take a hard line with Staley after he held out for three weeks in 2003? Nothing of the sort happened. He played out the season and moved on. TO is a whole lot more critical to the Eagles' success than Staley was.

LHUCKS,

If TO didn't have alot of options last year, what has changed since then to make you think he has them now?  If anything, he has less options.  Last year only Baltimore and Philadelphia had any interest.  Who's gonna want to trade for him now.  Even if he finds a team that will give adequate compensation in a trade to Philly, that team also has to have enough cap space to sign him to a new deal.  Bottom line, either TO plays in Philly this year, or he doesn't play at all.  In the offseason he'll be moved or cut.
TO reported to camp on time...I think that's what's being missed here.
With the sole purpose of sabotaging that camp. Gee wizz, you make it sound like the only line in his contract is showing up to camp. "well, golly gee, it doesn't say in a contract that I have to be a sane and human being. If you're not gonna pay me to be nice and an upstanding citizen then I won't be one." NYUCK NYUCK!!

TO didn't have a lot of options.
And, the Stupid TO Apologist Award goes to...LHUCKS!
Insult #3 in case the mods are around.
OOooooooooohh...I think he's telling :cry:
Yeah, it has that sort of kindergarten feel to it, doesn't it?It's ok, I admit...I crossed the line on that one. I probably could've conveyed the same sentiment without using the word "stupid."
Oh come on. This guy cuts people down every day. Don't apologize.
This is simply not true...a link would be nice, but I know you can't find one.

Owens is doing what the NFL East can`t do, he is destroying the Eagles all by himself. Maybe the biggest cancer in NFL history!!

I'd like to shed some light on the whole T.O. thing.About 2 months ago I was able to tour the Nova Care training center of the Eagles. Part of that tour included the locker room. There were about 20 or so of us and believe it or not, under the watchful eye of the Eagles' appointed tour leader, we had free reign to look closely into each locker. In T.O.'s locker hung a letter taped to the first shelf for all to see. It was dated prior to the Super Bowl and was addressed to him from the team, in particular Rick Burholder, trainer of the Eagles. It stated that the he(Burkholder) was NOT giving T.O. medical clearance to play in the Super Bowl. The letter emphasized that if T.O. chose to play, he was assuming all risk if he reinjured himself during the course of the game and the team would be absolved of any repsonsibility.I think this helps to clarify the whole waiver thing somewhat. As it appears, the team WAS NOT 100% behind T.O. participation in the Super Bowl and seemingly, as evidenced by that letter, attempting to distance themselves from the risk/liabilty. Doesn't ring of the "We're in this together" mantra that someone mentioned earlier.

LHUCKS,

If TO didn't have alot of options last year, what has changed since then to make you think he has them now?  If anything, he has less options.  Last year only Baltimore and Philadelphia had any interest.  Who's gonna want to trade for him now.  Even if he finds a team that will give adequate compensation in a trade to Philly, that team also has to have enough cap space to sign him to a new deal.  Bottom line, either TO plays in Philly this year, or he doesn't play at all.  In the offseason he'll be moved or cut.
With the sole purpose of sabotaging that camp. Gee wizz, you make it sound like the only line in his contract is showing up to camp. "well, golly gee, it doesn't say in a contract that I have to be a sane and human being. If you're not gonna pay me to be nice and an upstanding citizen then I won't be one." NYUCK NYUCK!!
EXACTLY. Rosenhaus and TO are playing a game of semantics. Even tonight Drew said, "We TOLD them this was going to happen. TO reported to camp per his contract, but they KNEW he wasn't going to be happy about it." I had thought the groin injury was legit and not bought into the conspiracy theory, but now I'm 95% sure it was in fact one of many layers in getting himself extricated from the situation.

I'd like to shed some light on the whole T.O. thing.

About 2 months ago I was able to tour the Nova Care training center of the Eagles. Part of that tour included the locker room. There were about 20 or so of us and believe it or not, under the watchful eye of the Eagles' appointed tour leader, we had free reign to look closely into each locker. In T.O.'s locker hung a letter taped to the first shelf for all to see. It was dated prior to the Super Bowl and was addressed to him from the team, in particular Rick Burholder, trainer of the Eagles. It stated that the he(Burkholder) was NOT giving T.O. medical clearance to play in the Super Bowl. The letter emphasized that if T.O. chose to play, he was assuming all risk if he reinjured himself during the course of the game and the team would be absolved of any repsonsibility.

I think this helps to clarify the whole waiver thing somewhat. As it appears, the team WAS NOT 100% behind T.O. participation in the Super Bowl and seemingly, as evidenced by that letter, attempting to distance themselves from the risk/liabilty. Doesn't ring of the "We're in this together" mantra that someone mentioned earlier.
Oops. OK, now. Where all the apologies you guys owe T.O.? I expect them to be forthcoming!!

I'm disappointed that TO didn't break out the tears, I thought it was coming when he pointed to momma on his shirt, and started the momma didn't raise no fool bit.Lurie or Banner, I forget which, said that he's under contract until 2010, he either plays for us or no one. God willing, I hope that happens. That would be unbeleeeeeevable, and so righteuos.

Lurie or Banner, I forget which, said that he's under contract until 2010, he either plays for us or no one. God willing, I hope that happens. That would be unbeleeeeeevable, and so righteuos.
He still gets paid though. I don't think he'll care if he sees all of the 49 million.

LHUCKS,

How is reporting to camp and doing what is asked of you "sabotaging" camp. Reid made this story balloon when he told TO to shutup resulting in Reid then suspending TO for a week.One can argue Reid sabotaged his own team.

About 2 months ago I was able to tour the Nova Care training center of the Eagles. Part of that tour included the locker room. There were about 20 or so of us and believe it or not, under the watchful eye of the Eagles' appointed tour leader, we had free reign to look closely into each locker. In T.O.'s locker hung a letter taped to the first shelf for all to see. It was dated prior to the Super Bowl and was addressed to him from the team, in particular Rick Burholder, trainer of the Eagles. It stated that the he(Burkholder) was NOT giving T.O. medical clearance to play in the Super Bowl. The letter emphasized that if T.O. chose to play, he was assuming all risk if he reinjured himself during the course of the game and the team would be absolved of any repsonsibility.

I think this helps to clarify the whole waiver thing somewhat. As it appears, the team WAS NOT 100% behind T.O. participation in the Super Bowl and seemingly, as evidenced by that letter, attempting to distance themselves from the risk/liabilty. Doesn't ring of the "We're in this together" mantra that someone mentioned earlier.
Oops. OK, now. Where all the apologies you guys owe T.O.? I expect them to be forthcoming!!
The whole matter of TO playing in the Super Bowl is a red herring anyways. He's just using that issue to try to get the public on his side. We're in the now TO, not six months ago.

Lurie or Banner, I forget which, said that he's under contract until 2010, he either plays for us or no one. God willing, I hope that happens. That would be unbeleeeeeevable, and so righteuos.
He still gets paid though. I don't think he'll care if he sees all of the 49 million.
I'm not so sure of that....if his conduct is dterimental to the team.... in any event it will end up in court if it goes that route... :lmao:

About 2 months ago I was able to tour the Nova Care training center of the Eagles.  Part of that tour included the locker room.  There were about 20 or so of us and believe it or not, under the watchful eye of the Eagles' appointed tour leader, we had free reign to look closely into each locker.  In T.O.'s locker hung a letter taped to the first shelf for all to see.  It was dated prior to the Super Bowl and was addressed to him from the team, in particular Rick Burholder, trainer of the Eagles.  It stated that the he(Burkholder) was NOT giving T.O. medical clearance to play in the Super Bowl.  The letter emphasized that if T.O. chose to play, he was assuming all risk if he reinjured himself during the course of the game and the team would be absolved of any repsonsibility.

I think this helps to clarify the whole waiver thing somewhat.  As it appears, the team WAS NOT 100% behind T.O. participation in the Super Bowl and seemingly, as evidenced by that letter, attempting to distance themselves from the risk/liabilty.  Doesn't ring of the "We're in this together" mantra that someone mentioned earlier.
The whole matter of TO playing in the Super Bowl is a red herring anyways. He's just using that issue to try to get the public on his side. We're in the now TO, not six months ago.
Tell that to all the people who keep pointing out how much money he made LAST year!

LHUCKS,

EXACTLY. Rosenhaus and TO are playing a game of semantics. Even tonight Drew said, "We TOLD them this was going to happen. TO reported to camp per his contract, but they KNEW he wasn't going to be happy about it." I had thought the groin injury was legit and not bought into the conspiracy theory, but now I'm 95% sure it was in fact one of many layers in getting himself extricated from the situation.
I actually believe TO's statements regarding his groin were heartfelt. Why would you believe otherwise?

Users who are viewing this thread