What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Are you still a Pro-Bowler? (1 Viewer)

Pro-Bowler?

• Only those initially picked should be considered Pro-Bowlers

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Those initially picked and those who are there as a replacement should be considered a Pro-Bowler

• Only if you play in the game, should you be considered a Pro-Bowler

• Total voters

nerangers

Footballguy
Just curious what people think. I know some guys are at the pro-bowl only because others have dropped out due to injury, etc. Players like Brady and Palmer were legitimately picked, but Plummer and Green are there now replacing them. Are Brady and Plummer not Pro-Bowlers this year since they are not playing? Just not sure how this all works out.

Thoughs?

Errr... what happens if someone is injured? Someone has to replace him. So if someone goes to replace an injured player in the Pro Bowl, they shouldn't be considered a Pro Bowler? Wouldn't give them much incentive to go, unless they just want the extra $$ I guess...

Errr... what happens if someone is injured? Someone has to replace him. So if someone goes to replace an injured player in the Pro Bowl, they shouldn't be considered a Pro Bowler? Wouldn't give them much incentive to go, unless they just want the extra $$ I guess...
That is why I am asking...So that would mean that the AFC has five Pro-Bowl QBs this year? I know you only get paid if you go...do you still get the title of a Pro-Bowler if you are not there? I am sure if Palmer was not hurt he would be there.

Errr...  what happens if someone is injured?  Someone has to replace him.  So if someone goes to replace an injured player in the Pro Bowl, they shouldn't be considered a Pro Bowler?  Wouldn't give them much incentive to go, unless they just want the extra $$ I guess...
That is why I am asking...So that would mean that the AFC has five Pro-Bowl QBs this year? I know you only get paid if you go...do you still get the title of a Pro-Bowler if you are not there? I am sure if Palmer was not hurt he would be there.
Palmer was chosen to go, thus he would be a "Pro Bowler," even IF he couldn't make it due to injury. Those that replace him should be labeled Pro Bowlers, too. And I say this, even IF it seems a bit ridiculous that Steve McNair was like the 1028382th QB selected to replace someone and made it in, though his season was less-than-stellar...

I often use PFR as a reference, curious how Doug "scores" this at his site. Anyone know?

pro-football-reference.com lists Steve McNair as a pro bowler this year but not Plummer. Are you telling me McNair gets credit for being a pro bowler and Plummer doesn't? And to put to rest the argument that someone who doesn't play is still a pro bowler, Tom Brady is also listed as being a pro bowler in 2005.

If all players who are voted in, voted as an alternate or an injury replacement are all considered pro-bowlers, then what is so special about being considered a pro-bowler?

If all players who are voted in, voted as an alternate or an injury replacement are all considered pro-bowlers, then what is so special about being considered a pro-bowler?
I checked out the Pro Bowl site. If you look at the Rosters, they include the starters and the reserves. Quarterbacks (3) Peyton Manning, IND

Carson Palmer, CIN (injured)

Trent Green, KC

Tom Brady, NE (injured)

Jake Plummer (injured)

Steve McNair

So I am guessing they are all considered Pro-Bowl players.

Thanks for Playing :D

Since Big Ben was asked before McNair...does that mean he is a Pro-Bowler too? :P

Last edited by a moderator:
I checked out the Pro Bowl site. If you look at the Rosters, they include the starters and the reserves. Quarterbacks (3) Peyton Manning, IND

Carson Palmer, CIN (injured)

Trent Green, KC

Tom Brady, NE (injured)

Jake Plummer (injured)

Steve McNair

So I am guessing they are all considered Pro-Bowl players.

Thanks for Playing :D

Since Big Ben was asked before McNair...does that mean he is a Pro-Bowler too? :P
Was Big Ben voted in? Either way, if McNair is a pro-bowler than Big Ben has to be considered a pro-bowler.

So when McNair's career is over, and they say he was an X# of times a pro bowler, they're counting this year, even though he was like the 7th choice? :loco:

Of course Vick gets in every year, so it's already a joke anyway.

So when McNair's career is over, and they say he was an X# of times a pro bowler, they're counting this year, even though he was like the 7th choice? :loco:

Of course Vick gets in every year, so it's already a joke anyway.
Yeah, which really belittles the accomplishment. I recall back in 2001 the NFC running backs were selected to the pro-bowl. Somebody was hurt so the NFL asked Tiki Barber if he would like to go to the pro-bowl. Tiki was scheduled to have off-season surgery so he declined. The NFL then invited Michael Bennett, who accepted.After Onterrio was drafted by the Vikings, the #1 argument for the pro-Bennett clan was, "But Bennett is a proven back, he is a pro-bowler!" :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread