What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Arian Foster #39 in one staff ranking? (1 Viewer)

Chachi

Footballguy
I would love an explanation besides "You will need Ben Tate as insurance". Behind the likes of Greg Jennings. Is this an error, if it's not and I assume it is not, what's the rationale here?

People just hate Foster. Always have and always will until he retires. I think part of it stems from his first year as a starter, when some folks recognized his talent and that he would last. Others continually found excuses (it's the system, it's because Tate got hurt and gave him the job, etc.). IMO, and for whatever reason, some people just don't want to admit they were flat out wrong and misread this one. They missed out--incorrectly evaluating a major fantasy star. It's a blow to the ego, and they continually look for ways to make themselves feel better (to not be wrong). So every year they have a reason why he's going to fail. I guess they ultimately want to say, "See. I told you all along he wasn't that good."

At least that's my best guess...

I believe that staff member values youth much more than others. It might be more of a dynasty ranking than redraft. Not saying its a good method but his higher RBs tend to be years younger.

I believe that staff member values youth much more than others. It might be more of a dynasty ranking than redraft. Not saying its a good method but his higher RBs tend to be years younger.
He has Foster #39 in Redraft, and has Foster #18 in Dynasty.

ETA - Just noticed he has Foster #12 in Redraft, in Redraft PPR (which was what I was looking at) he is at #39. Must be an error. Also has Spiller #18 in redraft and #34 in redraft PPR. I think something is messed up with his redraft PPR rankings.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would love an explanation besides "You will need Ben Tate as insurance". Behind the likes of Greg Jennings. Is this an error, if it's not and I assume it is not, what's the rationale here?
I just checked & didn't see him ranked that low.. Not sure if it was a mistake or not

I just checked & didn't see him ranked that low.. Not sure if it was a mistake or not
Overall redraft ppr

11 RB Arian Foster, HOU 12 6 8 18 10 5 39 8 15 2 18 8 4 6 17 12 11.8 9.0 10.5
FBG staff are a bunch of guppies......put zero stock in their rankings....did you pay for that info?

Overall redraft ppr

11 RB Arian Foster, HOU 12 6 8 18 10 5 39 8 15 2 18 8 4 6 17 12 11.8 9.0 10.5
my bad - I don't play in PPR so didn't look there..

you found that out now, after I put in all that effort with my response?

jesus.
Dude, the avatar has to go. I don't want to have nightmares tonight.
So why don't you stay for the night? Or maybe a bite?

I could show you my favourite obsession.

I've been making a man with blond hair and a tan

And he's good for relieving my tension
Alright enough FBG for today, time to go watch some cartoons or something.

Users who are viewing this thread