What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Arian Foster to announce retirement from Twitter (1 Viewer)

Sarnoff

Footballguy
He was great on the twitters. How much of the blame for this should we put on Roger Goodell? Do you think players are concerned about fines, etc., from social media use?

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9018477/arian-foster-houston-texans-says-ending-notable-twitter-account

Arian Foster, one of the most vocal NFL players on Twitter, said Monday he is shutting down his account.

"It's been fun, twitter! Time for me to leave the digital realm. Be the light you want to see on the earth. Peace," the Houston Texans running back wrote Monday morning.

Foster, who has more than 374,000 followers, has caused a buzz in recent years with his musings on the social media service.

Some of his notable tweets include:

• posting a photo of an MRI of his hamstring before the 2011 season, telling his followers the "white stuff surrounding the muscle is known in the medical world as anti-awesomeness"; ( )

• announcing he was going vegan in July of last year -- only to reveal later in the season that he occasionally ate chicken;

• changing his avatar to a screen shot of a highly critical excerpt from a column by Boston Globe columnist Dan Shaughnessy before the Texans played the New England Patriots in last season's playoffs.

Foster didn't provide an explanation in his tweets Monday as to why he is leaving Twitter.

The 26-year-old running back led the NFL with 15 rushing touchdowns last season and finished sixth with 1,424 yards.

Last edited by a moderator:
A title change does seem to be in order. Unless you're purposely trying to reel people in.
He says twitter right in the title.
IMO, "From twitter" could certainly imply that's where the news is coming from. Reading his link and pasted article, no where is the word "retirement" mentioned. Unless I missed it. :shrug:
You don't seem amused to death.
:lmao: And yet there's more discussion here about the title than the "retirement".

Yeah honestly who cares. Foster thinks he some wise man or something. Really people need to get off his nuts. He's not even that good of a RB.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah honestly who cares. Foster thinks he some wise man or something. Really people need to get off his nuts. He's not even that good of a RB.
:no:
I'm talking real life.
Me too. He's been a top 3-5 NFL RB over the last 3 years.
Actually, a lot of his advanced stats last year were horrible. One of the worst pass blockers, one of the lowest yards receiving per route run, and one of the lowest yards after contact. He really wasn't special at all last year.

Actually, a lot of his advanced stats last year were horrible. One of the worst pass blockers, one of the lowest yards receiving per route run, and one of the lowest yards after contact. He really wasn't special at all last year.
Shouldering that load and burden and producing is pretty special. He picked it up in the playoffs too, and looked really good. I won't pretend to know why his stats fell the way they did, but I'd be hard pressed to name more than 3-4 NFL RBs better than Foster over the last 3 seasons. He's one of the better pass catching backs in the NFL, and was never a YAC guy.

I'm talking real life.
:lmao:

Just stopped by to say this title sucks. It sounds like he's announcing his retirement from football via twitter.

I'm talking real life.
He been a top 3-5 FANTASY RB over the last 3 years.
Foster's avg yards from scrimmage over the last 3 season's (missed 3 games):1900Foster's avg TD's over the last 3' seasons: 15.7

Yeah hes not that good of a running back...

I'm talking real life.
He been a top 3-5 FANTASY RB over the last 3 years.
Foster's avg yards from scrimmage over the last 3 season's (missed 3 games):1900Foster's avg TD's over the last 3' seasons: 15.7

Yeah hes not that good of a running back...
It helps to read the whole thread and actually watch football.

And actually, the statistics from the Football Outsiders are even more devastating to Foster. He was actually one of the worst receiving RBs last year.http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/rb2012
Maybe if he spent more time in practice, and less time twittering, he'd have had a better season.Anyone want to project stats for next year based on less time spent on twitter? What kind of bump should we expect? +10%? +25%?

I'm a huge Foster fan. Watching him a lot last year, it really seemed like the heavy workload affected him greatly. He was getting an insane amount of touches which led to great box score stats, but his efficiency was way down. As for the receiving numbers, this is anecdotal but it seemed like he just wasn't used in space very much. Could it be playcalling or OL failure, I'm not sure. But his YPC went from 11.6 in 2011 to 5.4 last year. That's obviously an enormous drop. His catches went from 66 to 53 to 40 over the last three seasons.

I don't see anything lost by Foster from a talent perspective. But losing Tate hurt him from an efficiency standpoint, and we all know how desperately HOU needs to add another WR to line up opposite Johnson. Add those two players to the offense next year and I expect Foster's end of year production to be similar to these past seasons but he'll do it in a less "compiler" type way. Can't survive another 350 carries.

Users who are viewing this thread