What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Art Shell (1 Viewer)

(HULK)

(Smash)
So, any long time Oakland homers care to share what kind of a coach Shell is? Will he be good for Lamont, Moss, and the others? Or worse?

Thanks. I'm not too familiar with him.

I'm not a homer, but I don't think we can probably make any assessment considering it's been many years since he last coached, and the game/systems has changed.

I think a bigger key will be who the offensive coordinator is (or is that set already?).

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not a homer, but I don't think we can probably make any assessment considering it's been many years since he last coached and the game has changed.

I think a bigger key will be who the offensive coordinator is (or is that set already?).
:HONDA:LINK

They just talked about Shell on the Colin Cowherd show on ESPN. They talked about what control he'll have. The reproter said:

"He will command the attention of his players and not put up with lacksadasical attitudes."

So does that mean Moss is in trouble? Likely not. He's one of the hardest working guys in the NFL despite his reputation. However if he takes a play off I'm sure Shell would have a problem with it.

My guess is a lot of Shell's coaching staff is already assembled, by way of last year's staff still remaining under contract. IIRC, R. Ryan had already been told he would be retained and it would be difficult to see them making a switch at this point. As to the OC, that's going to be an essential hiring. I wonder if James Lofton, who was also in the HC running, will get a shot as the Raiders OC.

Users who are viewing this thread