What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

As sure as the sun rises in the East (1 Viewer)

Hot Sauce Guy

Footballguy
Today is my 20+ year home league draft day.

Alas, the vote for TE-P failed, 6-6 by zoom yesterday. We proposed a modest .25 extra for TEs and if people liked it, .5 next year. No majority, no rule. Sigh

I open the league site this AM, and what do I see? An article talking about abusing the rankings at various sites. Naturally, they name 6-7 of my favorite targets, players who haven’t had a ton of preseason hype.

Every year. Every year I prepare for my drafts, hoping just one or two of my sleepers will stay asleep until draft day.

Every year the information highway that is the internet ruins it.

I now await the arrival of 11 people, 4 from out of state, 3 from several hours out of town, a pony keg of IPA, and 8 take & bake pizzas from my buddy’s pizza place (Extreme Pizza - good stuff)

The next thing that’s guaranteed to happen is I’ll draft a team, and despite checking every resource available before making the picks, mere moments after entering it into the league my team will be littered with red crosses.

Again, as sure as the sun rises in the east, this is guaranteed to happen.

But in between teams will be drafted, there will be too much food, drink and merriment. Much trash will be talked, and good friends will reunite once again.

The circle of FF life continues.

For those of you drafting today, I sincerely wish you all the best of luck. May you land all your sleepers at reasonable ADP, get lucky with BYEs after failing to pay attention through 11 rounds, and snipe your friends best picks every other round. 🍀

And for those in home-leagues, may your day be filled with laughter and just enough merriment to not screw up your first 5 picks. Remember to drink water to balance the booze, and that Lyft & Uber are fine options, should you partake in too much merriment. The best FF teams are the ones you stay alive to watch play out.

Have fun everyone! :wub:

Same situation here. Draft Day for long time 20+ year league! I remember the days where putting in the hard pre-draft work was so valuable. In the modern age, information is now so easily available that it falls into my opponents laps without any effort. Good luck to all!

I'm drafting on Tuesday. I expect Pierce to be a top 5 pick by then (only half joking).
He went in round 6 in my home league yesterday! :lol:
That’s about where I’ve seen him go the last couple days. I imagine that’s where I’ll have to take him if I want him.

That’s usually where Stephenson goes - give the choice, I’m probably going Rhomadre, what with the other 2 hurt. :shrug:

I love my team so far, which means I’m drinking too much.

5th pick:
Jefferson
Barkley
Higgins
Sutton
AJ Dillon
Stevenson
Russ Wilson

The rest TBD
Love your team so far, particularly your 1-2.

Still find 1QB leagues so bizarre though.
YOu gotta get over that 1qb league bashing though. It's the majority of leagues, and by a lot, so that's the format almost everyone here will be discussing.

5th pick:
Jefferson
Barkley
Higgins
Sutton
AJ Dillon
Stevenson
Russ Wilson

The rest TBD
No KDS?

PPR?
If full PPR I really like it. JJ at 5 is nice. Barkley at 10 is a steal. Higgins at 29 is solid. Sutton at 44 I absolutely love. Dillon at 53 I love. Stevenson and Russ a bit early IMO but maybe you got caught at the end of a run and needed to pull the RW trigger but would have to see the whole board.

5th pick:
Jefferson
Barkley
Higgins
Sutton
AJ Dillon
Stevenson
Russ Wilson

The rest TBD

YOu gotta get over that 1qb league bashing though. It's the majority of leagues, and by a lot, so that's the format almost everyone here will be discussing.
I am well aware of the majority. Been here long enough to accept that reality, that doesn't mean I can't, won't or am not allowed to unashamedly shake my head at the absurdity of that format.

Feel free to blast SF leagues to your hearts content. You would be wrong but if it makes you happy, go nuts. You have my blessings.

5th pick:
Jefferson
Barkley
Higgins
Sutton
AJ Dillon
Stevenson
Russ Wilson

The rest TBD

Although I detest drafting in the 4-7 slots, your team is looking good thus far. (I'm high on Jefferson and Barkley though, thats probably why)

No recent updates means more drinking has likely ensued. :banned:

5th pick:
Jefferson
Barkley
Higgins
Sutton
AJ Dillon
Stevenson
Russ Wilson

The rest TBD

I am well aware of the majority. Been here long enough to accept that reality, that doesn't mean I can't, won't or am not allowed to unashamedly shake my head at the absurdity of that format.

Feel free to blast SF leagues to your hearts content. You would be wrong but if it makes you happy, go nuts. You have my blessings.
And you would be wrong to say that SF is anything but trash. But hey, keep commenting every single post about how your league is better than the majority of leagues out there. It's not annoying at all.

5th pick:
Jefferson
Barkley
Higgins
Sutton
AJ Dillon
Stevenson
Russ Wilson

The rest TBD

Although I detest drafting in the 4-7 slots, your team is looking good thus far. (I'm high on Jefferson and Barkley though, thats probably why)

Sutton is a great pick, I would draft him before well Higgins

Prefer Dillon as a RB3 but between him & Rhamondre that's a great stream with lots of upside.

5th pick:
Jefferson
Barkley
Higgins
Sutton
AJ Dillon
Stevenson
Russ Wilson

The rest TBD

And you would be wrong to say that SF is anything but trash. But hey, keep commenting every single post about how your league is better than the majority of leagues out there. It's not annoying at all.
Hey brother, the only thing you control in this world is your response. If you choose to be annoyed, that's on you. I choose to enjoy these conversations.

I have asked for logical explanations of the 1QB format and would love to hear yours. I find most of them boil down to a false belief in attaining realism or a derp* attachment to holding onto tradition.

Hit me, brother

*ETA typo for "deep" that I choose to keep because it is poetically accurate.

Last edited:
20+ yr league in person auction draft is tomorrow! Christmas Day is almost here (that makes today Christmas Eve I guess). Hope you enjoyed your Christmas today.

Bummer on the move to TE-P. We voted this year to move to it next year (we’re a keeper league too so need a year to make the move). We also jettisoned Kicker this year, still have D’s.

5th pick:
Jefferson
Barkley
Higgins
Sutton
AJ Dillon
Stevenson
Russ Wilson

The rest TBD

Hey brother, the only thing you control in this world is your response. If you choose to be annoyed, that's on you. I choose to enjoy these conversations.

I have asked for logical explanations of the 1QB format and would love to hear yours. I find most of them boil down to a false belief in attaining realism or a derp* attachment to holding onto tradition.

Hit me, brother

*ETA typo that I choose to keep because it is poetically accurate.
You're insufferable. Have a good night.

5th pick:
Jefferson
Barkley
Higgins
Sutton
AJ Dillon
Stevenson
Russ Wilson

The rest TBD

SF is the way. Moved over to this 6/7 yrs ago. Much better.

You're insufferable. Have a good night.
Sincerely sorry you're offended. I can't stress enough how much I mean that, but that isn't on me. It's your choice.

I think you're a good poster and will continue to engage you. But, if putting me on ignore works for you, then that's your choice too.

5th pick:
Jefferson
Barkley
Higgins
Sutton
AJ Dillon
Stevenson
Russ Wilson

The rest TBD

Prefer Dillon as a RB3 but between him & Rhamondre that's a great stream with lots of upside.

I've been high on Sutton the whole offseason. The injury to Patrick just further put him on everyone's radar. :wall:

5th pick:
Jefferson
Barkley
Higgins
Sutton
AJ Dillon
Stevenson
Russ Wilson

The rest TBD

SF is the way. Moved over to this 6/7 yrs ago. Much better.
Obviously I agree but what can you do? People like what they like.

Still gonna comment when I see a top 10 QB go in the 7th, but if it works for them...Godspeed!

5th pick:
Jefferson
Barkley
Higgins
Sutton
AJ Dillon
Stevenson
Russ Wilson

The rest TBD

I've been high on Sutton the whole offseason. The injury to Patrick just further put him on everyone's radar. :wall:
Well, to be fair I'm a bazillion times higher on him with Wilson then Lock but, yes I think this would have been a much better year for him regardless.

5th pick:
Jefferson
Barkley
Higgins
Sutton
AJ Dillon
Stevenson
Russ Wilson

The rest TBD

Well, to be fair I'm a bazillion times higher on him with Wilson then Lock but, yes I think this would have been a much better year for him regardless.

Not to turn this into a Sutton thread, but I watched some film of him when he first came into the league. He's a big alpha-receiver type, along the lines of A.J. Brown.

I remember comparing the Sutton tape to that of Kenny Golladay. Needless to say I never drafted Golladay again. :bowtie:

I'm drafting on Tuesday. I expect Pierce to be a top 5 pick by then (only half joking).
He went in round 6 in my home league yesterday! :lol:
That’s about where I’ve seen him go the last couple days. I imagine that’s where I’ll have to take him if I want him.

That’s usually where Stephenson goes - give the choice, I’m probably going Rhomadre, what with the other 2 hurt. :shrug:
I am assuming (hoping) that I would be drafting my rb3 or rb4 when needing to look at Pierce of Stephenson. At that point, I'd rather take a shot on what I perceive to be Stephenson;s upside over what I perceive as a much lower upside for Pierce. If I were drafting for a safety blanket, I'd probably draft Pierce if I had to make that choice today.

5th pick:
Jefferson
Barkley
Higgins
Sutton
AJ Dillon
Stevenson
Russ Wilson

The rest TBD

IMO, SF sucks

Makes no sense to have the option of starting 2 QBS :ponder:

5th pick:
Jefferson
Barkley
Higgins
Sutton
AJ Dillon
Stevenson
Russ Wilson

The rest TBD

IMO, SF sucks

I respect that. I wonder why it makes sense for starting NFL QBs to have less value than RBs, which is easily the most replaceable skill position in actual football?

I prefer leagues where 4-5 QBs are drafted in the top 12, along with 4-5 RBs & 3-4 WRs filling out the first round.

Makes drafts far more interesting when you try to elevate all the skill positions, particularly the most important one, by an insurmountable distance, in real football.

5th pick:
Jefferson
Barkley
Higgins
Sutton
AJ Dillon
Stevenson
Russ Wilson

The rest TBD

IMO, SF sucks

I respect that. I wonder why it makes sense for starting NFL QBs to have less value than RBs, which is easily the most replaceable skill position in actual football?

I prefer leagues where 4-5 QBs are drafted in the top 12, along with 4-5 RBs & 3-4 WRs filling out the first round.

Makes drafts far more interesting when you try to elevate all the skill positions, particularly the most important one, by an insurmountable distance, in real football.
I like having a 1 QB league. I have 2 SF dynasty teams.

1 QB is fun too. IDP, so stuff goes sideways, but man is this fun.

Team’s rounding out nicely.
QB: Russell Wilson
RB: Barkley, AJDillon, Stevenson, Pollard, Jamaal Williams
WR JJ, Higgins, Sutton, Gabe Davis (6.08), Palmer
TE: Hockenson, I’ve Smith
DL: Garrett, Buckner,
LB, okereke, David Long Jr, Jerome Baker
DB: Harrison Smith

And we continue….7 more picks.

Last edited:

5th pick:
Jefferson
Barkley
Higgins
Sutton
AJ Dillon
Stevenson
Russ Wilson

The rest TBD

IMO, SF sucks

I like having a 1 QB league. I have 2 SF dynasty teams.

1 QB is fun too. IDP, so stuff goes sideways, but man is this fun.

RB: Jacobs, AJDillon, Stevenson, Pollard, Jamaal Williams
TE: Hockenson, I’ve Smith

And we continue….7 more picks.
Love that you got your Gabe Davis. Wonder where he would have gone without you in the league.

Last edited:

5th pick:
Jefferson
Barkley
Higgins
Sutton
AJ Dillon
Stevenson
Russ Wilson

The rest TBD

So much more drinking. :pickle:

Now poker - winning at that too!

5th pick:
Jefferson
Barkley
Higgins
Sutton
AJ Dillon
Stevenson
Russ Wilson

The rest TBD
No KDS?

PPR?
If full PPR I really like it. JJ at 5 is nice. Barkley at 10 is a steal. Higgins at 29 is solid. Sutton at 44 I absolutely love. Dillon at 53 I love. Stevenson and Russ a bit early IMO but maybe you got caught at the end of a run and needed to pull the RW trigger but would have to see the whole board.
Full PPR, IDP, 1 QB

Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 FLX, 2 LB, 2 DL, 2 DB, 1 DFLX

It was KDS. I had 8th choice and got the 5 spot.

RB: Barkley, AJDillon, Stevenson, Pollard, Jamaal Williams
TE: Hockenson, Irv Smith

And we continue….7 more picks

—————-
Oops - 8 more picks.

Greg Rousseau, TJ Edwards, Carson Wentz 🤢, Skyy Moore, Jatron Kearse, D’Onta Forenan, Jordan Whitehead, Matt Prater.

5th pick:
Jefferson
Barkley
Higgins
Sutton
AJ Dillon
Stevenson
Russ Wilson

The rest TBD
No KDS?

PPR?
Full PPR, IDP, 1 QB

Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 FLX, 2 LB, 2 DL, 2 DB, 1 DFLX

It was KDS. I had 8th choice and got the 5 spot.
And 10 11 12 were all taken???

Users who are viewing this thread