What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

As sure as the sun rises in the East (1 Viewer)

Gabe Davis (6.08)

It was KDS. I had 8th choice and got the 5 spot.
Man sometimes I swear you just like to take a point of view just to argue lol.

After all your "I love drafting at the end it's just as good" posts, you took slot #5 over 9-12.
After all your "Gabe Davis is and should be going round 3-5 and mid 6th would never happen", you skip him at 5.05 and get him 6.08 anyway lol

Your team is amazing though, gotta give you credit for that. I don't play IDP so don't really know how taking defensive players later will hurt at all, but just looking at the offensive guys, it looks extremely strong.

Gabe Davis (6.08)

After all your "I love drafting at the end it's just as good" posts, you took slot #5 over 9-12.
After all your "Gabe Davis is and should be going round 3-5 and mid 6th would never happen", you skip him at 5.05 and get him 6.08 anyway lol

Your team is amazing though, gotta give you credit for that. I don't play IDP so don't really know how taking defensive players later will hurt at all, but just looking at the offensive guys, it looks extremely strong.
Dude.

The 3rd person pick took 12. The 5th person took 11.

What’s with the obnoxious BS? Totally off base, incorrect and 100% uncalled for.

I would have taken 12, but it wasn’t there, nor was 11. You’re judging me based on something that didn’t happen.

And for this league I said I’d probably have to take him in the 5th, not “3-5”.

wtf man

I love my team so far, which means I’m drinking too much.

5th pick:
Jefferson
Barkley
Higgins
Sutton
AJ Dillon
Stevenson
Russ Wilson

The rest TBD
No KDS?

PPR?
If full PPR I really like it. JJ at 5 is nice. Barkley at 10 is a steal. Higgins at 29 is solid. Sutton at 44 I absolutely love. Dillon at 53 I love. Stevenson and Russ a bit early IMO but maybe you got caught at the end of a run and needed to pull the RW trigger but would have to see the whole board.
Full PPR, IDP, 1 QB

Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 FLX, 2 LB, 2 DL, 2 DB, 1 DFLX

And 10 11 12 were all taken???
11 & 12 were.

I opted for 5 over 10 because I thought I’d get maybe Chase there.

Gabe Davis (6.08)

Dude.

What’s with the obnoxious BS? Totally off base, incorrect and 100% uncalled for.

I would have taken 12, but it wasn’t there, nor was 11. You’re judging me based on something that didn’t happen.

wtf man
I'm not sure what I'm saying is "uncalled for". I like your team. You crushed the draft.

But you called me out for saying people could get Davis in round 6 and that's where he's commonly going. And he went late 6th in yours. Suddenly the Gabe thread is quiet as people are seeing him actually going in round 6 like I got blasted for suggesting haha

And you bet your life that JJ went top 3. He didn't. And you guaranteed CMC would drop below 6. He didn't.

You're often pretty good about avoiding the hype train (like with Pierce, I totally agree with you on pumping the round 4 brakes on him). Just you really dug in on things like CMC and JJ and Gabe, and predictably, none of those things happened even in your own league. I think you just like to argue lol.

But I'm glad all your guarantees and 'id bet my life on it' all didn't come true, because you seemed to get incredible value on JJ and Gabe and... well pretty much most of your team was fantastic value and you likely have one of, if not THE top team in your league (unless your defensive players downgrade that, but I will admit I have no idea how to grade defensive players in drafts so I'll just look at your offensive guys, and they're fantastic.

5th pick:
Jefferson
Barkley
Higgins
Sutton
AJ Dillon
Stevenson
Russ Wilson

The rest TBD
No KDS?

PPR?
If full PPR I really like it. JJ at 5 is nice. Barkley at 10 is a steal. Higgins at 29 is solid. Sutton at 44 I absolutely love. Dillon at 53 I love. Stevenson and Russ a bit early IMO but maybe you got caught at the end of a run and needed to pull the RW trigger but would have to see the whole board.
Full PPR, IDP, 1 QB

11 & 12 were.

I opted for 5 over 10 because I thought I’d get maybe Chase there.
Ahhh... and how did the top 12 picks play out? (actually curious, and the info could help us with our drafts)

Gabe Davis (6.08)

Dude.

wtf man
I'm not sure what I'm saying is "uncalled for". I like your team. You crushed the draft.

But you called me out for saying people could get Davis in round 6 and that's where he's commonly going. And he went late 6th in yours. Suddenly the Gabe thread is quiet as people are seeing him actually going in round 6 like I got blasted for suggesting haha

And you bet your life that JJ went top 3. He didn't. And you guaranteed CMC would drop below 6. He didn't.

You're often pretty good about avoiding the hype train (like with Pierce, I totally agree with you on pumping the round 4 brakes on him). Just you really dug in on things like CMC and JJ and Gabe, and predictably, none of those things happened even in your own league. I think you just like to argue lol.

But I'm glad all your guarantees and 'id bet my life on it' all didn't come true, because you seemed to get incredible value on JJ and Gabe and... well pretty much most of your team was fantastic value and you likely have one of, if not THE top team in your league (unless your defensive players downgrade that, but I will admit I have no idea how to grade defensive players in drafts so I'll just look at your offensive guys, and they're fantastic.
I was making guesses as to what would happen.

Throwing them in my face as though it’s some big “gotcha” is just obnoxiously lame.

I too am thrilled that some of the things I thought sure would happen based on 20+ years of history, didn’t.

I typically go longer without a defensive player than most. This year I took my bookend DL in M. Garrett & Buckner, but opted to wait on LB. I hate buying elite LB at the expense of quality offensive players. The elite WR start to go in the 5th but this year they went in the 6th. I waited until later to get upside 2nd and 3rd tier LB.

It usually works out great, and there are always FA LB to claim.

I love my team, and agree I killed this draft. Luck & health depending, I should be the favorite. I was focused throughout and stuck to my plan.

And I got lucky and only got sniped once or twice. I appreciate the feedback. Ease up on the “I told you so’s” a little. As commish, I have a good idea of what typically happens in this league - my comments predicting things weren’t intended as planting my flag. Just no need to try to rub in something that’s irrelevant.

Gabe Davis (6.08)

Dude.

wtf man

I was making guesses as to what would happen.
It wasn't a guess, you said "trust me I'd bet my life on it"

Throwing them in my face as though it’s some big “gotcha” is just obnoxiously lame.
You throw things a lot but can't seem to take a couple messages when you're not correct. Ouch.

I too am thrilled that some of the things I thought sure would happen based on 20+ years of history, didn’t.
2 WR's were never going to go top 3 in your league this year.

I typically go longer without a defensive player than most. This year I took my bookend DL in M. Garrett & Buckner, but opted to wait on LB. I hate buying elite LB at the expense of quality offensive players. The elite WR start to go in the 5th but this year they went in the 6th. I waited until later to get upside 2nd and 3rd tier LB.
Maybe a good strategy, maybe not. From the looks of your team it was a good one.

It usually works out great, and there are always FA LB to claim.

I love my team, and agree I killed this draft. Luck & health depending, I should be the favorite. I was focused throughout and stuck to my plan.

And I got lucky and only got sniped once or twice. I appreciate the feedback. Ease up on the “I told you so’s” a little. As commish, I have a good idea of what typically happens in this league - my comments predicting things weren’t intended as planting my flag. Just no need to try to rub in something that’s irrelevant.
I apologize. I took "I bet my life on it" and "trust me this is guaranteed" as planting a flag. Glad your league went the way most would predict it and should have, and you were able to grab the guys you want.
Title for you for sure this year!!!

@Deamon - I've commissioned this league 20+ years. Once again: the last 3 years, the 1st round has gone WR heavy. It was not at all predictable for this year that 4 RB would go 1-4. That hasn't happened in this league for most of a decade. I just looked back 5 years. At least 1 top WR has gone top 3 every year. And with a "big 3" this year, it was likely they'd go before 5. They didn't. I feel no shame for having believed this would happen, and it's nonsensical to keep hammering me because I was wrong about my prediction. I can't fathom why it's so important to you.

We can agree to disagree - you can believe whatever you like about this league. Like your comments on KDS, you'd probably be incorrect. But whatever - it doesn't matter - it's stupid.

Maybe let me enjoy my evening & stop being Betty Buzzkill.

@Deamon - I've commissioned this league 20+ years. Once again: the last 3 years, the 1st round has gone WR heavy. It was not at all predictable for this year that 4 RB would go 1-4. That hasn't happened in this league for most of a decade. I just looked back 5 years. At least 1 top WR has gone top 3 every year. And with a "big 3" this year, it was likely they'd go before 5. They didn't. I feel no shame for having believed this would happen, and it's nonsensical to keep hammering me because I was wrong about my prediction. I can't fathom why it's so important to you.

We can agree to disagree - you can believe whatever you like about this league. Like your comments on KDS, you'd probably be incorrect. But whatever - it doesn't matter - it's stupid.

Maybe let me enjoy my evening & stop being Betty Buzzkill.
I'm not. I've congratulated you a lot on a great draft. You planted some flags and were quite headstrong, even saying "i bet my life this would happen" even when it was obvious it wouldn't. I'm just glad you learned how typical drafts actually go, hopefully you can use that info to crush your next draft too. :)

Ahhh... and how did the top 12 picks play out? (actually curious, and the info could help us with our drafts)
You're welcome. It's a bizarre first 2 rounds, so I'm not sure what it will help anyone with.

1.01 - JT
1.02 - CMC
1.03 - Henry (this was a shocker)
1.04 - Eke
1.05 (me) Jefferson
1.06 - Cook
1.07 Kupp
1.08 - Adams (Raider fan)
1.09 - Mixon
1.10 - (what the what?!) Chase
1.11 - Diggs
1.12 - Harris
2.01 - Kelce
2.02 - Lamb
2.03 - Fournette
2.04 - A. Jones
2.05 - Tyreek
2.06 - Kamara (drat)
207 - Chubb
2.08 - (me) Barkley
2.09 - Swift
2.10 - Samuel
2.11 - Evans
2.12 - PIttman
3.01 - JaWill
3.02 - Akers
3.03 - PItts
3.04 - AJBrown
3.05 - (me) Higgins
3.06 - Keenan Allen
3.07 - Mark Andrews
3.08 - Josh Allen
3.09 - DJ Moore
3.10 - Conner
3.11 - Herbert
3.12 - ETN

Some nice value on some of those 2nd & 3rd rounders throughout. This draft went only vaguely by ADP. If those picks help, I'm happy to share.

I'm just glad you learned how typical drafts actually go,
I've been playing FF close to 30 years. Lay off the condescension.
Wasn't meaning to be. Your draft played out very similar how most of them are and just shows that using ADP can help you crush drafts. CMC was never dropping below 6, we all knew that as his ADP is 1.02. Chase at 10 is not shocking in PPR, his ADP is 1.07. Maybe you're shocked that 3 WR's didn't go top 5 based on knowing your league, but looks like your league finally smartened up and drafted well this year.

I'm just glad you learned how typical drafts actually go,
I've been playing FF close to 30 years. Lay off the condescension.
Wasn't meaning to be. Your draft played out very similar how most of them are and just shows that using ADP can help you crush drafts. CMC was never dropping below 6, we all knew that as his ADP is 1.02. Chase at 10 is not shocking in PPR, his ADP is 1.07. Maybe you're shocked that 3 WR's didn't go top 5 based on knowing your league, but looks like your league finally smartened up and drafted well this year.
Like I said, 4 dudes who've historically drafted at the end all had top 4 picks - mixed up the chemistry a lot. Different year, different results.

I like the random nature and benefitted from it. And yes - I use ADP all the time. It guides me through my selections to know when to reach and when to let the draft come to me.

At 5 I was very zen - I didn't have a specific philosophy. I watched values fall to me and tried not to miss them.

I reached slightly for Russ because 3 teams of 4 at the turn needed QBs, and one team took a 2nd QB in the 8th on the way to me. I liked Wilson more than any of the QBs left, (Prescott, Lance, Cousins, Carr) so I figured I'd better scoop him up. It was confirmed he would have been taken over Prescott, who went 2 picks later.

Sometimes you have to be a little bold, but with 4 quality WR, and 3 quality RB through 7, it felt right to get the QB I liked there. The Wilson to Sutton duo is fun, too. I know you don't get extra points for the stack, but it sure can be fun getting double TDs.

The drop-off at DL is greater than any other position, so getting my #2 ranked DL was huge there. And with Leonard out at least 4 weeks, Okereke should get off to a monster start. Overall I landed most of my targets. I love Harrison Smith, and Deforest Buckner - I like having players I like.

And yes, I was able to get Davis in the late 6th, but you seem to be missing that this is an IDP league with IDP picks allowing offensive players to slide. So 6.08 in IDP is like 6.03, since 5 defensive players were off the board.

But seriously, good drafting, I would be very happy with that team.
Thanks - I’m super happy even after waking up. I managed to sober up enough to get the league picks entered into the website, set up the week 12 matchups (extra week of non-divisional games against the otherwise balanced schedule), and set waivers.

Now I get today off, and it’s delightful. 5 hours sleep notsomuch, but that’s what caffeine is for.

Great draft and value! That was a very different first 12 picks, if you ask me. Probably the first time I have seen Chase at 10 or even 4 RB going top 4. But that is the randomness of drafting, you just never know! Good luck!

5th pick:
Jefferson
Barkley
Higgins
Sutton
AJ Dillon
Stevenson
Russ Wilson

The rest TBD
No KDS?

PPR?
Full PPR, IDP, 1 QB

btw, you’ll note that I 💯 predicted this as well.

If you’re gonna tear me to shreds for guessing poorly, you should maybe consider acknowledging the good guesses.

5th pick:
Jefferson
Barkley
Higgins
Sutton
AJ Dillon
Stevenson
Russ Wilson

The rest TBD
No KDS?

PPR?
Full PPR, IDP, 1 QB

If you’re gonna tear me to shreds for guessing poorly, you should maybe consider acknowledging the good guesses.
I mean I guess even a broken clock is right twice a day ;)
But I'm glad you realized how much better 5 is than 9, it worked out for you :)

5th pick:
Jefferson
Barkley
Higgins
Sutton
AJ Dillon
Stevenson
Russ Wilson

The rest TBD
No KDS?

PPR?
Full PPR, IDP, 1 QB

:rolleyes:

Your schtick has no off button and I sort of respect that. :lol:

Also I already had 5 ahead of 9. I had 10-11-12 ahead of 5.

But changed my mind last min. And maybe I shouldn’t have since Chase was there at 10.

5th pick:
Jefferson
Barkley
Higgins
Sutton
AJ Dillon
Stevenson
Russ Wilson

The rest TBD
No KDS?

PPR?
Full PPR, IDP, 1 QB

:rolleyes:

Your schtick has no off button and I sort of respect that. :lol:

Also I already had 5 ahead of 9. I had 10-11-12 ahead of 5.

But changed my mind last min. And maybe I shouldn’t have since Chase was there at 10.
No shtick, just happy you're still alive after betting your life on ridiculous claims. How come the other guy that loved Davis didn't end up taking him, anyways? Your exact quote was "I would be absolutely thrilled if I got Davis in the 5th", and then you passed on him when you were up. Maybe deep down you know he's a 6th round player, you just didn't want to admit it.
Well in PPR Chase is often there at 8/9 and was never going to go top 5 like you guaranteed. Luckily for you, you still were able to kill the draft from the 5 spot. See, the middle isn't so bad at all when you can build championship teams like you did last night ;) You should have no issues winning that league.

No shtick, just happy you're still alive after betting your life on ridiculous claims. How come the other guy that loved Davis didn't end up taking him, anyways?
Your obsessive nature is impressive.

It was luck of the draw. He picked 1.04, I picked 1.05

As I’d mentioned, if I didn’t take him, he takes him 1 pick later.

He told me after the draft if he was anywhere 6-12 he takes him before me. He was kinda ticked when it got to that point of the draft and I was ahead of him - he knew he had no chance, and lamented not taking him 5.04

Since you asked.

just wanted to congratulate you on coming to your senses and learning a thing or two last night.
Again, condescension is not endearing.

I was never without my senses, thanks.
Sure ya weren't. Just saying, maybe next time say "i'm pretty sure" instead of "I bet my life", "I guarantee" and being so argumentative and sure of yourself.

Your league drafted like they should have despite your best efforts to convince yourself they wouldn't. It's a good lesson for your next draft and can help you get value.

Have a good day and relax and enjoy your championship team!

Equally impressive is your stubborn nature.

Either way no point talking about it, just wanted to congratulate you on coming to your senses and learning a thing or two last night.
It’s good that you two can remain impressed with each other. I think that’s nice.

Even better is the fact that I still like my team today. Now, if only I can say that come week 3. 😬 Things can change fast. 😂

Equally impressive is your stubborn nature.

Either way no point talking about it, just wanted to congratulate you on coming to your senses and learning a thing or two last night.
It’s good that you two can remain impressed with each other. I think that’s nice.

Even better is the fact that I still like my team today. Now, if only I can say that come week 3. 😬 Things can change fast. 😂
That’s the goal my friend. Here’s to healthy and productive seasons for us both.

For the record, I had convinced myself that I could wait until the 6th round to snag Gabriel Davis after looking at him with the 3rd pick of the 5th round in a 10 team league. My son grabbed him two picks before me. 😡

For the record, I had convinced myself that I could wait until the 6th round to snag Gabriel Davis after looking at him with the 3rd pick of the 5th round in a 10 team league. My son grabbed him two picks before me. 😡
That's what I expected to happen to me last night. And it would have if the draft order was any different. He almost went at 5.04, as it turned out.

I'm drafting on Tuesday. I expect Pierce to be a top 5 pick by then (only half joking).
He went in round 6 in my home league yesterday! :lol:
He ended up going in the 8th - very reasonable, but I took Stevenson in the 7th, and he went on the way back.

Still - I was surprised he didn't get scooped up before that, especially considering most in the league watched that Niners game (Bay Area league). Maybe they're as cautious about him as I am. Still woulda loved to take him.

Great draft and value! That was a very different first 12 picks, if you ask me. Probably the first time I have seen Chase at 10 or even 4 RB going top 4. But that is the randomness of drafting, you just never know! Good luck!
Yeah - I've been looking at ADP and some real drafts this AM, and I haven't seen anything like this. This was out of left field and I was psyched to see it.

But seriously, good drafting, I would be very happy with that team.
Thanks - I’m super happy even after waking up. I managed to sober up enough to get the league picks entered into the website, set up the week 12 matchups (extra week of non-divisional games against the otherwise balanced schedule), and set waivers.

Now I get today off, and it’s delightful. 5 hours sleep notsomuch, but that’s what caffeine is for.
Aren't you supposed to be at some farmer's market somewhere? Montclair maybe? :-)

I don't know what's up with that daemon dude. Total troll. Guy has a giant self-awareness blindspot.

Nice draft.

Aren't you supposed to be at some farmer's market somewhere? Montclair maybe? :-)
I took the whole weekend off. Can’t drink, draft & play poker until 1 then get up at 4 for a farmers market.

I’m watching “football” and getting a Latin-style pulled beef going in the pressure cooker. Mmmmm, hangover medicine.

Users who are viewing this thread