What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

At Least they'll Never-Ever go for our Guns! (1 Viewer)

Opie

Footballguy
Eric Swalwell..."...has called for a ban on "military-style semiautomatic assault weapons" with a buy-back program...the ban would come with criminal consequences for people who did not participate in the buy-back"

At least I'd have a choice!!
Give us your guns or go to jail.

I feel much better about voting Democrat this time!   :excited:

Last edited by a moderator:
And exactly HOW would the govt know who didn't comply.....A gun registry would be a start.

Oh...but wait....we'd have another option:

"...but also suggested an "alternative, which would be to keep them at a hunting club or a shooting range."
One stop shopping when the confiscations begin!

Don't be paranoid....the Democrats would never-ever go for your guns!   :whistle:

And exactly HOW would the govt know who didn't comply.....A gun registry would be a start.

Oh...but wait....we'd have another option:

"...but also suggested an "alternative, which would be to keep them at a hunting club or a shooting range."
One stop shopping when the confiscations begin!

Don't be paranoid....the Democrats would never-ever go for your guns!   :whistle:
Your guy said just get them early, avoid the courts. Seems like it needs to be fleshed out a bit but it’s a start. 

Eric Swalwell..."...has called for a ban on "military-style semiautomatic assault weapons" with a buy-back program...the ban would come with criminal consequences for people who did not participate in the buy-back"

At least I'd have a choice!!
Give us your guns or go to jail.

I feel much better about voting Democrat this time!   :excited:
Well, one guy wants it.  Must be happening. 

By the way, a State Senator in the 1990s proposed a bill to lower the divorce rate by requiring married couples to enter into a contract about squeezing the toothpaste from the bottom of the tube and putting the toilet seat down.  Don’t know why that came to mind. 

By the way, a State Senator in the 1990s proposed a bill to lower the divorce rate by requiring married couples to enter into a contract about squeezing the toothpaste from the bottom of the tube and putting the toilet seat down.  Don’t know why that came to mind. 
First they came for the Crest Tartar Control and I said nothing.

Once again, never going to happen. They may ban AR-15s in the future (I wouldn’t mind). They will never seize the ones already owned. 

Because it's a great idea. I thought it was just me. She always squeezes from the top and it drives me crazy. 

Big Touthpaste would never let that get through!

You always know when it's getting close to election time when you see the pearl clutching threads around "the man" coming to take all the guns away from everyone!!!!!!!!!

Like clockwork :lol:  

The Commish said:
You always know when it's getting close to election time when you see the pearl clutching threads around "the man" coming to take all the guns away from everyone!!!!!!!!!

Like clockwork :lol:  
What comes first? 

The pearl clutching threads about "the man" coming to take the guns....or "the man" talking about taking the guns?

The Left keeps saying that nobody wants to take the guns...and yet.....every election cycle, there it is.

Like clockwork  :lol:

But don't worry....they'll never-EVER try to take my guns.

What comes first? 

The pearl clutching threads about "the man" coming to take the guns....or "the man" talking about taking the guns?

The Left keeps saying that nobody wants to take the guns...and yet.....every election cycle, there it is.

There is a constant fear that guns are going to be taken away....like two year olds who try to carry everything they own around with them everywhere they go because they are afraid if they put something down, some other kid will try to take it.  I'll go with pearl clutching. :shrug:  

What comes first? 

I can’t tell you which come first, but I can tell you which comes next: a rush of paranoid people to gun stores where they overpay to clear out the stock before it’s too late. This never fails to happen no matter how many times these people are fooled by panic mongers like yourself. If I were a gun manufacturer I would keep some of these Democratic politicians on my payroll; they’re gold. 

There is a constant fear that guns are going to be taken away....like two year olds who try to carry everything they own around with them everywhere they go because they are afraid if they put something down, some other kid will try to take it.  I'll go with pearl clutching. :shrug:  
There's a constant fear because there's a constant threat....following immediately by a chorus of "we don't want to take your guns".

I can’t tell you which come first, but I can tell you which comes next: a rush of paranoid people to gun stores where they overpay to clear out the stock before it’s too late. This never fails to happen no matter how many times these people are fooled by panic mongers like yourself. If I were a gun manufacturer I would keep some of these Democratic politicians on my payroll; they’re gold. 
Yup.

There's a constant fear because there's a constant threat....following immediately by a chorus of "we don't want to take your guns".
you forgot the word perceived....perceived threat.  But it's also well documented that those perceiving this threat aren't exactly willing to function in reality.

And as you write this, Denver is forced to close down their schools because some crazy woman with guns is apparently obsessed with the anniversary of Columbine. Just insane. 
In the Pittsburgh area we just had the mayor of a local municipality accused of pointing a loaded gun at a 15-year-old boy in a park and later he did the same to three teen girls, ordering them to put down their phones.   

Apparently the police got a warrant and seized 55 guns and rifles from this guy's house.   Seems to me this guy might be a little obsessed with guns.

In the Pittsburgh area we just had the mayor of a local municipality accused of pointing a loaded gun at a 15-year-old boy in a park and later he did the same to three teen girls, ordering them to put down their phones.   

Apparently the police got a warrant and seized 55 guns and rifles from this guy's house.   Seems to me this guy might be a little obsessed with guns.
Certainly seems like a big number to me.  I have substantially less.  Still, I bet the number I have might disturb many.  Of course I don't go around armed to local parks pointing my firearms at children for the "offense" of using communication devices. In fact I never go armed anymore except when hunting or at a range even though I am authorized to carry.  In fact the only time I ever carried outside of hunting and training at ranges was when I was required by my employers to do so.  At all optional times I chose to not do so. 

And phone usage

If the left is so hell bent on taking away gunz, why are there more guns, and innocent killings, than ever before?

I guess the left just sucks at taking away gunz?

If the left is so hell bent on taking away gunz, why are there more guns, and innocent killings, than ever before?

I guess the left just sucks at taking away gunz?
Most Americans don't want to take guns away but want stricter gun regulations.  We can do a better job limiting the types of firearms and ammunition that civilians can own and certainly do a much better job screening those wanting to buy them.   We'll never have a perfect system but that doesn't mean we should try to improve the situation.

Most Americans don't want to take guns away but want stricter gun regulations.  We can do a better job limiting the types of firearms and ammunition that civilians can own and certainly do a much better job screening those wanting to buy them.   We'll never have a perfect system but that doesn't mean we should try to improve the situation.
So you would not let the perfect become the enemy of the good?  Its just so crazy it might actually work.

It's baffling to me how gun owners are for the most part fine with the heavy restrictions on automatic weapons but get the vapors when anyone suggests similar restrictions on their slightly dumber cousin.  The line already exists, we are just moving it marginally. 

dkp993 said:
[scooter] said:
"Take the guns first, go through due process second"

The General said:
Perhaps Swalwel and Trump can work on this legislation. What do you think @Opie
@Opie  hello @Opie

Sabertooth said:
[scooter] said:
"Take the guns first, go through due process second"
 -Donald Trump

I absolutely love the OP’s clear and blatant ignoring of these quotes from his dear leader.   It shows the crystal clear hypocrisy of his point so I don’t blame him. 

Its amazing how far the understood right to own a gun has been warped. It is now unrecognizable and lacks all common sense or regard for community. The death toll it has beought is staggering. All so gun manufacturers can keep selling more guns. It especially funny in a sad way that these folks think they are going to stand up against a militarized police force or the actual military. You'll never even see the drone that launches the hellfire missile that ends your neighborhood.

Its amazing how far the understood right to own a gun has been warped. It is now unrecognizable and lacks all common sense or regard for community. The death toll it has beought is staggering. All so gun manufacturers can keep selling more guns. It especially funny in a sad way that these folks think they are going to stand up against a militarized police force or the actual military. You'll never even see the drone that launches the hellfire missile that ends your neighborhood.
Yep, all these points have been repeatedly brought up in the gun thread.  You should see the mental gymnastics used to dispute them.  Actually I take that back, don’t.  Save yourself the headache and stay far far away from that thread.  

I absolutely love the OP’s clear and blatant ignoring of these quotes from his dear leader.   It shows the crystal clear hypocrisy of his point so I don’t blame him. 
It is funny usually get a response back. 

I’m an Opie fan in that he typically responds and, to me, is kind of a board version of a Hannity type. Good for entertainment. 

Users who are viewing this thread