What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Atlanta Braves Thread: Championship Edition (1 Viewer)

Fat Drunk and Stupid said:
Chief Noc-A-Homa >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Tomahawk Chop
Racially insensitive. 

Extremely fun team to watch and super likeable.
The good part is even if they miss out on postseason this year they are really setup well to contend for several years.  Would love to see them splash some money in the offseason for a big bat or arm to go with all the kids.

They picked a great time to get hot.  The next 9 games are at home and it’s would be great to clinch before that season ending road trip so they can get some rest and setup the rotation.

@GroveDiesel

@pollardsvision

I may be jinxing us asking this but what do you think the potential playoff rotation looks like?

Folty

Newcomb

Gausman

Teheran or Sanchez??

I don’t trust Teheran but if you don’t start him he’s probably not even worth putting on the roster.

They picked a great time to get hot.  The next 9 games are at home and it’s would be great to clinch before that season ending road trip so they can get some rest and setup the rotation.

@GroveDiesel

@pollardsvision

I may be jinxing us asking this but what do you think the potential playoff rotation looks like?

Folty

Newcomb

Gausman

Teheran or Sanchez??

I don’t trust Teheran but if you don’t start him he’s probably not even worth putting on the roster.
Good question. He has been pretty uneven, but he also has been pretty good lately. Over his last 7 starts, his ERA is 2.64. 

Man, is Acuna good or what? I read somewhere an article saying that the Braves would obviously move Acuna down in the lineup at some point. That would be crazy IMO. He is clearly thriving in the leadoff role. 

Let’s get some offseason discussion going. I’ll be disappointed if they resign Markakis for RF instead of acquiring a better hitter. Also hope they trade Julio and add a better SP to slot in at #1 or #2. 

3 more SB and Acuna gets to 40/40  :popcorn:   Doesn't seem to be chasing it, but that just could be he has a terrible OBP this month...

Only chance we have in the postseason is to win 11-10 games.  Unless Fried and Anderson can be the reincarnation of Gibson and Koufax.

I thought for sure we were going to lose that one.  Considering how the we've performed in the playoffs in the last decade plus.

Will see if the kid Anderson can keep it up tomorrow.  Would be nice if the bats wake up after what Bauer did to them today.  I think we will need to score 5+ to win.

Anderson with the start today - kid has been great since he came up but it's only been 6 starts.  He'll be amped up but that could be an issue if he can't find the strike zone.  I imagine Snitker would be ecstatic if he could give him 4-5 innings and turn it over to the pen with a lead.

Anderson has been outstanding.  Bats are horrible - same old, same old when it comes to the postseason.  How do you score 1 run in 20 innings?

NLCS bound - looking like it will be a matchup against the Dodgers.  Big step up in competition and Braves will be the underdog.  We'll need the kids we have starting to show up huge to have a chance.  They were fantastic against Cincy and then the Marlins but the Dodgers are a different animal.  I just hope they keep playing well and give them a series.

3 great pitching matchups in Atlanta.

deGrom vs. Fried
Scherzer vs. Wright
Bassitt vs. Morton

Right now Braves with the advantage in game 1.

Braves sweep - just need one to take division. Dodgers look otherworldly so avoiding them is good but somebody made a good point - maybe playing them best of 5 would be better than best of 7. I think Braves stack up with them better than anybody else but they owe us from last year if we both get there.

Users who are viewing this thread