What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Auction Keeper Decision (1 Viewer)

What should be my 3 Keepers

• Fields ($3)

Votes: 4 66.7%
  • Pollard ($4)

Votes: 5 83.3%
  • Burrow ($14)

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Chase ($10)

Votes: 6 100.0%

• Total voters

lkollias

Footballguy
I am in a 2 QB Auction league ($200). I can keep 3 players but my 3rd keeper is really tough. I am keeping Chase ($10) and Burrow ($14), but need to decide between Pollard ($4) and Fields ($3) as my 3rd keeper. Top RBs usually go for $50+ and top QBs usually go for $30+. I was leaning towards keeping Fields, but now I am thinking it would be better to keep Pollard and save some money. It is also nice knowing you dont need to draft a QB. Thoughts?

I am in a 2 QB Auction league ($200). I can keep 3 players but my 3rd keeper is really tough. I am keeping Chase ($10) and Burrow ($14), but need to decide between Pollard ($4) and Fields ($3) as my 3rd keeper. Top RBs usually go for $50+ and top QBs usually go for $30+. I was leaning towards keeping Fields, but now I am thinking it would be better to keep Pollard and save some money. It is also nice knowing you dont need to draft a QB. Thoughts?
I have never played an auction league, but at those prices I feel like I would keep Fields before Burrow easily. Is it 4pt passing TDs?

I'd keep Chase, Pollard + 1 QB (probably Fields due to price point).
Gives you the maximum ROI vs projections.
If you really want Burrow, you can get him in the auction at market value.
The end result is 3 keepers for a total of $17 + Burrow at market (let's say $30) = $47
If you keep 2 QB + Chase, your keeper value is $27 + $50 for Pollard/equivalent = $77

The end result is 3 keepers for a total of $17 + Burrow at market (let's say $30) = $47
If you keep 2 QB + Chase, your keeper value is $27 + $50 for Pollard/equivalent = $77
That is what i was looking for. Thank you!

Great information!!

Great info however value isn't the end all be all. Auctions are unpredictable. It just takes one guy to drive a price up and in 2qb leagues it's easy for that to happen. Give yourself a big roster Ababa from the get go with the two qb's. I have seen many times in auctions owners that skimp in freezes (especially with this few) end up with too much money and not enough players to use it on. It's a delicate balance.

Users who are viewing this thread