What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Audible Live - 8/2 - Two Hours - 10 pm Eastern (1 Viewer)

What kind of split do you see in the Giants backfield this year between Bradshaw and Wilson? Can Wilson take over the full time duties?

Same question with the Falcons between Turner and Rodgers. Thanks!

In my 12 team ppr I am taking over a team who's 2 best keepers are AP and Graham (it's a 2 keeper league). I have the 2nd pick of the "round one" in this draft and gronk will go first so I will have t-rich 2nd. With that in mind, I will be looking at wr’s with my next 2 picks. I will most likely be looking at drafting two wr2’s that I think can turn into wr1. Tell me your thoughts on my thinking that these following players can all be wr1:

Jeremy Maclin, Percy Harvin, and my man-crush Stevie Johnson.

Also, if Colston fell to me, is it dumb to have both him and Graham on the same team?

Thanks guys, keep up the good work.

I love the show guys. I'd appreciate your thoughts on the following guys this season...maybe 30 seconds on each:

1. Dwayne Bowe - contract year...will he sign?

2. Anquan Boldin

3. Jimmy Graham - will he regress, or improve?

4. Chad Johnson

5. Kyle Rudolph

6. Matt Ryan - will he be elite this season?

7. Stevan Ridley

8. Darrius Heyward-Bey

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey all, thanks for your hard work as always -- excited to see the Preseason Watch Lists!

My primary dynasty league is TD heavy scoring. Given the glut of rookie WR prospects this year, can you identify some guys you would bump up and guys you would bump down for TD-heavy rookie drafts? And more generally, what WR skillsets and physical attributes would you value more highly in TD-heavy leagues?

Your choice to read this or not, Cecil, but thanks for giving me grief about my user name last week. I didn't know I could change it and thought I was stuck with Cooley's Angels *forever*.

My question:

Are there any traditionally strong offenses who you're nervous are going to fall off this year? When choosing between two players in the same tier overall offense is a good tie-breaker and I don't want to get stung by a brand name that's in decline.

Thanks for all you do.

All I hear throughout the fantasy football community is how deep WR is this year and that you have to get 2 RB's in the first 3 rounds.

Drafting in redrafts and mocks so far it seems a lot of teams are doing just this. My question and concern is drafts are feeling Stagnet and boring because everyone is using these strategies.

If I can't land Foster, McCoy, Rice, Matthews, Forte, MJD in the first I am going against these strategies and taking Graham/Gronk or Brady/Brees and loading up on the top tier of WR's. I have been waiting until rounds 6-7 before I even take my first RB. It sounds crazy but these are the drafts I enjoy the most. With the emergence of RBBC, injuries to RB's, PPR scoring, Flex lineups, and pass happy NFL it still feels like the right thing to do.

My question is am I crazy for going against the theory of taking RB's early and waiting on WR's because they are so deep?

(sorry for the length)

I'm in a PPR re-draft league that awards 1.5 PPR to TEs, and will most likely grab stud RBs and ELITE WRs in the early going, followed by the best two top 12 QBs that remain. This league loves drafting TEs and the pickings at TE will be slim indeed after I've got a couple QBS and studs at all my RB and WR starting positions.Please list some TEs that could surprise in PPR format (besides Tamme, he's no longer a sleeper and will be long gone!).

I'm interested in your collective thoughts on guys like Greg Olsen, Coby Fleener, Heath Miller, Ed Dickson (Pitta injury make him intriguing?), Lance Kendricks, Kyle Rudolph/Jon Carlson, Marcedes Lewis, Tony Moeaki, Kellen Davis, Etc.

Which ones would you gamble on in the hopes of finding some sneaky PPR production?

Are there any other deep sleepers whom you can suggest?

I think people are underrating Peyton Hillis. If the Chiefs run 500 times, he’ll see AT LEAST 240 of those carries. They will also probably use him a little as a receiver and a good amount of goal line. I think 1100+ total yards, 25+catches, and 8+ td’s are completely plausible. I plan on drafting him as my rb3 or rb4, but I am crazy for basically EXPECTING mid to low end rb2 numbers?

Hi guys, here is my question for tonight’s show.

This is a wonderful time of year for the hype train. We are so hungry for fantasy football news that we gobble up with a spoon any sliver of news, and often we make a mountain out of a mole hill. With all the camp news proclaiming the next big thing, or this years break out star, we get too enamored with these players. We are all so hungry to find that guy, that we over value these camp stars, and start to under value the unsexy consistent perform.

I call these players my Betty White’s.

They are those unsexy players that every year fall, a round or two, but still go out and put up great numbers, but get passed over for the “in” player of training camp. Owners are so desperate to be the guy that can say “I was the one that knew X player was going to break out before anyone else”, and thus they reach majorly for these guys.

I am already seeing it in drafts this week, the likes of Doug Martin, Brandon Lloyd, Eric Decker, Randall Cobb and many others who are getting glowing camp reports, are going a full round, to some times two rounds higher, then they were just a week or two ago.

The result is it drops the Betty White’s, and makes the Betty’s the value plays of every draft, and not the “in” guy of camp. I would like to take a look at some of these Betty White’s that I see falling this past week.

RB: Steven Jackson, Reggie Bush, Michael Turner, Shonn Greene, DeAngelo Williams, Felix Jones, Rashard Mendenhall.

WR: Marques Colston, Miles Austin, Vincent Jackson, Dwayne Bowe, Reggie Wayne, Darrius Heyward Bey, Anquan Boldin, Davone Bess, Danny Amendola.

So my question to each of you is who is your Betty White (in a PPR league) at RB and WR? Which steady unsexy player are you guys looking to jump all over, when they fall rounds lower than they should.

When everyone is chasing the sexy young thing, which Betty White will you be looking to motor boat?

It seems like after cj2k finally got PAID he let up a little bit and last year smacked him in the face. I believe he learned a lesson that his natural ability will not carry him enough to be an elite talent and because of that he has rededicated himself to the cause working out with the Titans 5 days a week this offseason.

A FBGs Oline ranking had the Titans very high up there so I ask you gentlemen, what is you prediction for CJ2K. I know it could go a number of ways but what do YOU predict? Thanks

Friday morning drive to work is so excellent listening to the audible!

What are your thoughts on the backfield of the three big qbs teams? New Orleans, new England, and green bay..

There will be a lot of goal line TDs to go around, who s your top pick for playing time and goal line carries for each team?

Thanks guys!!

Which player has the most upside over the next 2-3 yrs out of Blackmon, Jeffery, Fleener and Hillman? In a rookie-only draft, these are the likely choices for a WR-needy team that is in somewhat of "build-mode".

Hey there Audible crew! I am entering my second season of fantasy football, and am completely addicted. I've really enjoyed listening to all you guys have had to say in the offseason, and am hoping to step up and dominate my leagues this year!

To that end, I am joining a 12 team start-up ppr keeper league this year where keepers are kept at the cost of round drafted +1 (guy drafted in the fifth round is kept at the cost of a fourth round pick the next year). My question to you is what a system like this does for guys in a contract year, like Jonathan Stewart, who could be the feature back for another team next year. Does this up his draft value, or do you hope he falls to you closer to his ADP since you'll have to pay an extra round to keep him?

Would also love to hear you discuss some other players that fall into this mold of guys who's value could jump tremendously between this year and next.

Thanks guys, appreciate all you do and you've made a loyal listener and subscriber out of me!

Can you give me your thoughts on this year's surprise offenses? In the last decade 11 offenses on average repeat from the previous year in the top half, so which 5 teams will enter the top half this year and which 5 fall out? Here is last years top 16 offenses by yards: NO, NE, GB, Phi, Det, Car, SD, Car, NYG, Oak, Atl, Dal, Pit, Hou, Buf, Bal, Was.

fellas, let's say wallace walks from our beloved steelers in 2013....what do you see for emmanuel sanders, provided he stays healthy? is he a potential WR2 like brown?

as always, thanks for all you do. k-k-k-k-yeah-yah!

Which player has the most upside over the next 2-3 yrs out of Blackmon, Jeffery, Fleener and Hillman? In a rookie-only draft, these are the likely choices for a WR-needy team that is in somewhat of "build-mode".
Along similar lines to this question could you also discuss the 3 yr window theory with D. Wilson, I. Pead (I really just did), K. Wright, M. Floyd along with the above rookies.

Love what you guys have been doing so far this season. Keep it up!

Quick question. Shonn Greene...yes a plodder, but what is his value in this run heavy offense? I believe that he had the ability to be an accumulator. Am I off base?

Kyle Rudolph...

- If you are not prioritizing TE at all, could you potentially be ablle to snake this guy in the late late rounds as your starter? Would seem that there is some pedigree here for an out of the blue emergence. Thoughts? I'm starting to warm up to the idea of this guy as my TE1 in Round 13-14...

This question is for 14-16 team leagues...

How important is it to take a second RB over stud WR in the 2nd round?

In the late 2nd, I'm looking at guys like Bradshaw, Fred Jackson, Steven Jackson and Sproles. All over WRs like White, Welker, Jones and Jennings.

Take the RB2? or grab a stud WR?

Love it fellas! I'm gonna mention an active thread in the shark pool that I'm very curious to hear your thoughts. Chiefs2929 started a thread about the player(s) most likely outside of the top 5 at their respective positions to finish #1 overall at their position. I'm hoping you guys can throw out a name or two at each position that, if things go their way, can possibly crack into the top 2 or 3 at their position like Gronk, Graham and McCoy did last year to name a few.

Current top 5

QB - Brees, Brady, Rodgers, Newton & Stafford

RB - Foster, Rice, McCoy, Matthews CJ2K

WR - C. Johnson, Fitz, Welker, Jennings and A. Johnson

TE - Gronk, Graham, Gates, V. Davis & Hernandez

Users who are viewing this thread