What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Austin Carr, WR, NO (1 Viewer)

JFS171

Footballguy
Starting in the slot today, per Rapsheet. UDFA last year that the Patriots tried to sneak to their practice squad and were reportedly pissed when they lost him. 

He’s not especially big (6’0”, 202 lbs) or fast (4.6 40), but is ultra quick with a 93rd percentile agility score.

Should be interesting to see how this develops. Possibly the next Willie Snead/Lance Moore?

Yep fascinating, the WR corps is quite good right now IMO. This is Colston’s old position, trust with Brees is a powerful thing. Carr has looked good at camp and in PS. 

Payton to his credit rewards players who work hard and make plays in PS, past examples have been Willie Sneed, Pierre Thomas and Colston himself.

I was prrrrraying the Patriots would find a way to get him back this preseason because he absolutely lit it up last summer in Pats camp and is precisely the kind of receiver they need now. Do NOT be surprised if he goes right to the head of the class.

I was prrrrraying the Patriots would find a way to get him back this preseason because he absolutely lit it up last summer in Pats camp and is precisely the kind of receiver they need now. Do NOT be surprised if he goes right to the head of the class.

Man, I’ve just got to disagree.  Seriously, look at who the Pats are carrying at WR.  He got sent to the PS for the bottom of that depth chart?  

mr roboto said:
So this guy is over TreQuan and Cameron?
Not really. Starting the game means nothing regarding overall snap count. Example: WR Brandon Coleman started six games in 2017.

Bronco Billy said:
Man, I’ve just got to disagree.  Seriously, look at who the Pats are carrying at WR.  He got sent to the PS for the bottom of that depth chart?  
I was very surprised & disappointed when they cut him last yr cuz there was just too much tape from the preseason to think they could sneak him to PS. Starter level w room to improve at getting to spots, holding onto the ball & working like a goat for YAC far as i saw, which is more or less the Pats formula.

Bronco Billy said:
It was last season he got sent to the practice squad and the Saints grabbed him.

It was last season he got sent to the practice squad and the Saints grabbed him.

Yeah, but there was room on the regular season roster for a guy who seemed as productive as Carr.  Carr is just too mediocre athletically for my taste, and I respected the hell out of what he did at Northwestern.  I just don’t think even a regular nickel corner is going to struggle to cover him.

Yeah, but there was room on the regular season roster for a guy who seemed as productive as Carr.  Carr is just too mediocre athletically for my taste, and I respected the hell out of what he did at Northwestern.  I just don’t think even a regular nickel corner is going to struggle to cover him.
Should be rostered as he is starting in a Drew Brees led offense, and can be had for free. Grab and stash, NOW

How athletic were/are Willie Snead and Lance Moore?

How athletic were/are Willie Snead and Lance Moore?

More so than Carr.

ETA - I really would like to see him succeed.  It would be a great story and by all accounts he’d deserve it. Being a Big 10 guy, I saw plenty of him and it was amazing how much he accomplished given how limited he was.  I  just don’t see how his skills set transcends at the NFL level when the athletes are so much better  and also professionally savvy.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread