What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Austin Collie (1 Viewer)

I assume he already had surgery back in September for his torn platellar tendon, but I haven't seen any news on him. I'd love to see him with Luck, but is he even worth hanging onto in dynasty leagues?Colts fans - any updates on him?

Not a Colt fan by any means, just a dynasty Collie owner (fwiw: got stuck with him when I took over the team who traded him the year before for Wallace straight up...)I have a hard time cutting him. All I can say is that at least his 2012 injury wasn't a concussion. The injury he had would be terrible news for a RB, but for a possession receiver I don't think it's awful.If he stays in Indy, he'll be behind Wayne/Hilton as well as Fleener/Allen. I have no idea what to make of him...

I can't speak as a Colts fan, so I have no updates.That said, I wouldn't touch him in Dynasty, but it is the concussion history, not the patella tendon that concerns me. If Collie gets one more serious concussion, he may find himself in Jahvid Best territory that he will have trouble finding a doctor who will sign off on his return to playing. Like Best he does not have a minor concussion history, the one that I really remember was where he was knocked unconcious and lay unmoving on the field for several minutes.

I can't speak as a Colts fan, so I have no updates.That said, I wouldn't touch him in Dynasty, but it is the concussion history, not the patella tendon that concerns me. If Collie gets one more serious concussion, he may find himself in Jahvid Best territory that he will have trouble finding a doctor who will sign off on his return to playing. Like Best he does not have a minor concussion history, the one that I really remember was where he was knocked unconcious and lay unmoving on the field for several minutes.
Collie and Best are the two guys the NFL are going to use as concussion poster children. Like the poster above said, one more major concussion and he'll never be allowed to play again. It will be exactly what's happening to Jahvid Best.

Denver makes too much sense, worst case they have the same guy Stokely serve the role next year, best case Collie stays healthy and does Stokely's role 10x better.

It was against the Eagles. I will never forget that Manning across the middle hit. He laid completely motionless on the field. It was sickening. I really hope the best for the guy, but one more concussion and I feel like he has to hang up the cleats for good, for his own well being. Or, the medical community will hopefully do him a life long solid by not clearing him if that were to happen.

What do people make of SF and maybe the Patriots showing interest? Is there legitimate sleeper value here?

Good point. I think the main idea to gain from this is that he has the skills to produce with an upper echelon QB. I'm not sure SF is the best landing spot however, unless he were to serve the Crabtree role.

Love Collie and I'm a 9ers fan. (Big) If he's healthy I could see WR 3 with very nice ppr upside. He was Wes Welker Jr for a few weeks in 2010

Any chance at all he makes it?

(Rotoworld)CSN Bay Area doesn't project 49ers WR Austin Collie to earn a roster spot.

Analysis: Collie flashed early in camp, but has just three catches for 31 yards through two preseason games. Sunday's regular season dress rehearsal against the Vikings will be key to his roster chances. Collie's injury history necessitates that he have a great exhibition season, not just a good one.

Users who are viewing this thread