What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Avatar the Last Airbender fans (1 Viewer)

NewlyRetired

Footballguy
Due to the recent massive success of Korra and Avatar on Netflix, Paramount has decided to go all in on the show.

3 stand alone movies have been approved along with 3 new tv series.

The first series will start in 2025 and focuses on an earth Avatar, set 100 years in the future from Korra

The first movie will also debut in 2025, which focuses on the original Avatar cast as adults.

My kids really liked these shows. My daughter (in 2021 when she was 8) even rigged up her own Korra outfit.

Any claims of cultural misappropriation in these series?

The first new avatar the last Airbender should be released this year if I recall correctly.

The first new avatar series will be in 2025. It was announced yesterday.

You may be thinking of the live Action series which is being made by people who have nothing to do with the animated series. The live action series has not yet received a release date but principle photography was finished this past summer so it should be ready in 2023 if they want to release it.

I learned today that Korra may very well be alive in the series set 100 years from her time. Avatar's live an extraordinarily long time. Aang only died very young because he lost 100 years as kid trapped in the ice.

Where does this movie rank in the decade of 2010s movies???!?!?!1

I have never watched it, no interest at all.

I am looking forward to the live action show this year on netflix, I have high expectations as it supposedly has a large budget, ~10 million an episode.

Where does this movie rank in the decade of 2010s movies???!?!?!1

the live action movie was god awful. They could not have got more wrong if they tried.

Thankfully(and hopefully) the makers of the live action TV series say they learned a lot from what went wrong in the movie and hope to avoid all those mistakes.

We will see...

New (to me) trailer -- https://youtu.be/ByAn8DF8Ykk?si=6e8kHaDWvgjxjXe_

My son is a huge fan. He's jacked for this, but also nervous they might screw it up.

Feb 22 on Netflix
It is new to every one, it was released just a couple of hours ago :)

It "looks" right so I am keeping my fingers crossed while acknowledging it is far easier to nail a look rather than a feel.

Is the expectation this series of episodes will just cover Book 1?

My son is a huge fan. He's jacked for this, but also nervous they might screw it up.

Feb 22 on Netflix

It "looks" right so I am keeping my fingers crossed while acknowledging it is far easier to nail a look rather than a feel.

My guess is yes since Toph is not listed as a character in this first season. But it is also a bit confusing as Azula is listed as a main character in season one, and she was barely in book 1 of the animated series.

Last edited:

Feb 22 on Netflix

My guess is yes since Toph is not listed as a character in this first season. But it is also a bit confusing as Azula is listed as a main character in season one, and she was barely in book 1 of the animated series.

That's funny because my son sent me this trailer earlier today via text and I replied asking him "where's Toph?"

Feb 22 on Netflix

That's funny because my son sent me this trailer earlier today via text and I replied asking him "where's Toph?"
Toph is a fan favorite so if this season gets enough views, I am certain she will be in season 2. She makes her debut in Book 2 of the animated series

The live action series drops tomorrow on netflix.

My daughter asked me a question I could not answer.

"What animated tv shows that were adapted into live action tv series were successful?"

We both struggled to think of anything obvious. We came up with a ton of animated tv shows that turned into live action movies but not into live action tv shows...

My son just reported he’s binged the entire season. Hope he doesn’t have any exams this week. Says he needs a rewatch before making final judgment.
well I for one am going to take this as a general positive since if it was garbage, I assume he would not bother with a rewatch.

My son just reported he’s binged the entire season. Hope he doesn’t have any exams this week. Says he needs a rewatch before making final judgment.
well I for one am going to take this as a general positive since if it was garbage, I assume he would not bother with a rewatch.

He's 19 and a massive Avatar geek. He said "it wasn't terrible" and will watch it again and probably again and again and some more after that.

very minor spoiler - He said they screwed up Bumi - a character I didn't even remember - in a way that disappointed him. He said they changed Iroh - not necessarily in a bad way but he's different in a way my son doesn't like I guess.

I watched the first episode. The stayed true for the most part to the general start of the story. Some scenes were frame by frame almost exact as some in the first 2 episodes of the original.

I was not impressed with the acting. None of the kids really hit it out of the park for me.

The look of the show was roughly on point.

I would give the first episode a 5.5 out of 10. It is enough for us to continue watching and roughly about what we expected.

I’ve watched most of the season with my family and we’ve all enjoyed it. My kids loved the animated series but I didn’t know anything about the show or story going in.

We finished 3 episodes so far.

They nailed the look and feel of Jet and his crew.

I am interested to see how they weave Azula and her minions into season 1 since they don't really appear until season 2 normally.

The aging up of Sokka takes some getting used to. He feels 2 years older than he should be which makes him much more mature than he is in the early parts of the original.

My daughter said they have also changed the Suki/Sokka story line a bit. They removed Sokka's looking down on females as being able to be strong and also gave Suki far more romantic interest in Sokka than the original series at this point.

I walked into it not knowing anything about it. Never watched the animated series, but it caught my attention as I was looking for something to watch. Good enough to keep my attention. Fun watch all the way through. Id probably watch the series again down the road. Altho it didn't interest me enough to go watch the animated show.

Users who are viewing this thread