What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Back up for Ekelor? (1 Viewer)

Jackstraw

Footballguy
A league I am in cuts off waiver wire pickups after week nine. (Weird and dum I know) But due to this I am looking to handcuff Ekelor but it doesn't seem clear who would benefit if Ekelor goes down. Rountree has the most rushes and yards behind him but is listed as fourth on the depth chart by FBG. Any advice on handcuffing Ekelor? 

I own Ekeler and will not bother.

Believe there are three capable backups (Roundtree, J. Jackson...somebody else that slips my mind). 

Believe there are three capable backups (Roundtree, J. Jackson...somebody else that slips my mind). 
Been lurking Chargers message boards and there is no consensus there either. Third back is Joshua Kelley and FBG has him listed as the backup but it appears a committee approach would be taken if Ekelor goes down. Choice of sifting through the WW chaf or trying to hit on a backup on a good offense.  

Just missed today's practice with a hip injury. Mid week DNP never good. Any consensus?

I picked up Kelley. I'm just throwing a dart and hoping it hits.

I watched Roundtree, what a plodder. Between Jackson and Kelly but probably an ugly RBBC and they just end up letting Herbert win games on his own. There's always value but can't imagine having big enough benches in redraft to hold any of them.

Seems to me that Kelley has been the choice in recent weeks but I think that’s partially due to Jackson having been out 

Picked up Kelley. Shot in the dark. Seems like there is opportunity there in a good offense if Ekelor is out.

My first reaction here was not to bother. Roundtree, Jackson, Kelley. Probably be a RBBC.

However, that was the way Anthony Lynn rolled. And he rolled idiotically most of the time.

I wonder if Staley is more of "pick a guy" kind of guy. He sure as hell has done that with Ekeler.

I haven't seen any info, quote from Staley indicating he had a preference of those three.

Kelley has the capital but has been so so

Justin Jackson has some wiggle but always gets hurt

Roundtree looked good from what I saw

None of this helps, I think JJ most replicates Ekeler's skill sets but they would probably piece it all together to keep him healthy.

With Ekeler's skill-set, I can't really see any 1 RB being the sole backup. 

I'm also an Ekeler owner & as others mentioned previously, I'm not sure I'm going to pick any other LAC RB up as I think its more of a Ekeler > Roundtree + Jackson + Kelley. Meaning, while there'd likely be a "lead back" out of those 3, I'd expect all 3 to combine to "try" and fill in for what Ekeler does by himself. 

Users who are viewing this thread