What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Bad Morning In Brooklyn, Subway Attack (1 Viewer)

otb_lifer

Footballguy
Sunset Park 

https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local/multiple-people-shot-in-brooklyn-subway-sources/3641743/

Multiple people have been shot in a Brooklyn subway station and several undetonated devices were also found at the location, according to fire officials and law enforcement sources. They stress the investigation is preliminary.

The FDNY says it responded to a call for smoke at the 36th Street and Fourth Avenue station, which serves the D, N and R lines in Sunset Park around 8:30 a.m. and found multiple gunshot victims. No details were immediately available on the devices.

Information on a possible suspect also wasn't immediately known.

Several law enforcement sources say a man possibly dressed in clothing that resembles those worn by MTA workers threw some sort of device and opened fire.

no deaths reported yet. 

suspect still at large. 

looks like 3 stations on the Northbound N & R line, both in shutdown now. 

"Active Device" is now being presented as a smoke bomb to cause confusion - ETA: suspect was wearing gas mask. 

Last edited by a moderator:
It's been at least a few years since I've rode the subways, but it's really sad that it's become increasingly dangerous. And not just this incident, but based on anecdotes from others in the city.

It's like we're reverting back to The Warriors, circa 1979.

It's been at least a few years since I've rode the subways, but it's really sad that it's become increasingly dangerous. And not just this incident, but based on anecdotes from others in the city.

It's like we're reverting back to The Warriors, circa 1979.
I went to Yankee Opening Day. I usually take subway to game. Going with my son, there was zero % chance I was putting him on a subway now. I drove & spent $45 for parking. Well worth it. 

btw, i'm in East New York this morning, visiting an associate on Pitkin - all kinda emergency vehicles scurrying about for the past hour plus - this explains all the commotion, obviously.

hearing that dude entered in a gas mask makes me believe this guy meant business and had this planned for a bit. 

FBI & Homeland Security now join the investigation. 

I ride the subway every day & would disagree 

There’s a New York thread if you need to go on a rabbit trail

lets stick to the tragedy please

***trigger warning*** (victims & blood shown)

NSFW - eyewitness video right after shooting at 36th St (Brooklyn Chinatown)

I ride the subway every day & would disagree 

There’s a New York thread if you need to go on a rabbit trail

lets stick to the tragedy please

***trigger warning*** (victims & blood shown)

NSFW - eyewitness video right after shooting at 36th St (Brooklyn Chinatown)
Disagree about what? That the subway is a lot more dangerous now than it used to be? Thats a fact

13 injured no confirmed fatalities 

I used to live on the N and go through that station - it’s where the N & R split - but now live on the Q train (little further east)

Disagree about what? That the subway is a lot more dangerous now than it used to be? Thats a fact

it absolutely is fact. 

why that is bothersome is confusing ... this happened in a station/ train, and they have gotten much worse since the "reopening"  

welp, i'll be navigating back home now from ENY (driving with buddy).

see you all later on. 

🙏

South bound train

watching eyewitness interviews but still difficult to summarize what happened other than subway shooting, 13 injured

shooting started on train at 25th station everyone got off/away from shooter at 36th St (numbers go up as you go south in Brooklyn, opposite of Manhattan)

shooting started on train at 25th station everyone got off/away from shooter at 36th St (numbers go up as you go south in Brooklyn, opposite of Manhattan)
Read an eye witness in the next car on reddit. Shooting started as they entered the tunnel.

Subway map of area

for those unfamiliar, the shooting stated N/NE of where they label 36th St. Next stop up is 25th St. Takes about 2 minutes or so to get to 36th St (which would be a very long time if you’re dealing with a shooter)

Between all the discussion about safety, guns, the mayor and other stuff I'm unclear - have they caught the person or are they still on the run?

I ride the subway a couple of times a week....but in probably the safest area there is (penn station to mid town)

I've never not felt safe,  but I definitely make sure to stay aware and not stand too close to the edge of the platform.  Some homeless guy asked me for my water bottle the other day, and after I declined....I was definitely a little more vigilant until I got on the train (he didnt)

Definitely some crazies out there and I'd be nervous going to other parts of the city (went to a Yankee game late last summer and my head was definitely on a swivel)

incident happened on a southbound train fairly deep into Brooklyn - train would have been half full (every other seat taken, few people standing) but nowhere near capacity like a northbound train. also 8:30 that far down is a little off peak, busiest commuting time from there is like 6:30-8:00

horrific but could have been much, much worse.

My wife and I will be in NYC for a long weekend trip.  We were planning on using the subway a fair amount.   Maybe I should reconsider...

My wife and I will be in NYC for a long weekend trip.  We were planning on using the subway a fair amount.   Maybe I should reconsider...

Agree with BobbyLayne, you will be fine just like any urban environment you should be aware of your surrondings.  

injured is up to 16

Mayor Adams still quarantined but working remotely, probably hear from him later

looks like NYPD DCPI (public information) is setting up news conference on scene - probably police commissioner Gordon 

I kid, our new commish is a woman (Keechant Sewell)

8 victims are at NYU Langone, 5 at Maimonides and 3 at NY Presbyterian

Maimonisdes is the closest, I'm assuming the most serious cases were sent there

just pure speculation here on my part

gas mask, smoke grenade and south bound on N/R 

that's the train you would take to get to the Brooklyn VA

not disparaging anyone, just I'm a veteran and that's the facility I used

just thinking this was preplanned & by someone with some familiarity with smoke canister & gas mask

pure speculation

deputy mayor & police commish on now

NO life threatening injuries

suspect donned gas mask and threw smoke canister before shooting began

Users who are viewing this thread