What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Baltimore at Detroit (1 Viewer)

Schwartz is just really stupid. Staff is regressing a bit too. But Baltimore's sorry team was totally bailed out by their kicker. And Harbaugh is Schwatz's equal in the tool department.

Neither team is a threat in the playoffs.

The good news is Schwartz will no longer be coaching in Detroit next year...
if only this were true

the Ford's tend to give folks 4th/5th/6th chances (forget 2nd/3rd, anybody can do that)
God I hope Schwartz is back next year. I'm saying this as a bears fan. I'm not a fan of any of the coaching in the NFC North except maybe McCarthy
Marc Trestman is a heck of a coach.
That guy had McCown playing like Manning. Def a great offensive coach & with the talent they have, they're dangerous! If they could find a little defense next year, they could be a Super Bowl team.

if only this were true

the Ford's tend to give folks 4th/5th/6th chances (forget 2nd/3rd, anybody can do that)
God I hope Schwartz is back next year. I'm saying this as a bears fan. I'm not a fan of any of the coaching in the NFC North except maybe McCarthy
That guy had McCown playing like Manning. Def a great offensive coach & with the talent they have, they're dangerous! If they could find a little defense next year, they could be a Super Bowl team.
In fact Schwartz is the only tool in that division.

Schwartz is just really stupid. Staff is regressing a bit too. But Baltimore's sorry team was totally bailed out by their kicker. And Harbaugh is Schwatz's equal in the tool department.

What? Even if he wasn't a class act, he's got 9 playoff wins and has won at least one playoff game each and every year he's been in the league. Tools don't produce like that. We're talking about the defending champs here.

if only this were true

Yea I probably should have said as a Bears fan I do like Trestman! Don't get the criticism of him this year he's better than Lovie although I do miss the dominant defense.

What? Even if he wasn't a class act, he's got 9 playoff wins and has won at least one playoff game each and every year he's been in the league. Tools don't produce like that. We're talking about the defending champs here.
Gotta agree here... Schwartz and Harbaugh are on different planets.

Ravens with 9 games decided by 3 points or fewer this season. Is that a record? I feel like it has to be. Giving me a heart attack...

if only this were true

Yea I probably should have said as a Bears fan I do like Trestman! Don't get the criticism of him this year he's better than Lovie although I do miss the dominant defense.
If they had even a decent defense, with that offense - They could play with anyone... No other offense matches up against Seattle better. Two big dominating WRs, a top 5 RB, solid TE. ####, they could win with Cutler :)

Stafford might have the worst footwork & mechanics in the league

I think being born with a cannon arm made him lazy
This is absolutely true, at least the worst of the upper tier QB's. The real problem is that these are issues that could improve vastly with the right coaching; for that reason alone you have to wonder why Schwartz has been kept around this long.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nobody from the NFC North deserves to go to the playoffs. SF and Arz deserve to get in.
SF is just about in, kinda bull#### that they're a wildcard team... The Pack have held it together without Rodgers, so I suppose they deserve it the most. The Bears have the best skilled position combo of players, so they could be a little dangerous.

Jim Schwartz should be taken out back and shot.

Detroit does not deserve to go to the playoffs.
Neither do the Ravens, really. They are decidedly mediocre. But they got it done, I suppose.
I would agree with you here, but the silver lining for Ravens fans is that they have nowhere to go but up. If they make it to the playoffs it will be on a hot streak. Despite his profound shiftiness this year, we've all seen what Flacco can do when het gets on a roll in the playoffs.

Chicago still has to play at Philly and at home against GB.

Detroit has the hapless Giants at home and the Vikings on the road.

Knowing the Lions, they'll probably lose at Minnesota with the division on the line. :lol:

I still have a hard time seeing GB winning it without Rodgers, but you never know.

Last edited by a moderator:
if only this were true

Is the problem with the Bears defense coaching? Honestly, I don't think I've caught a complete Bears game so I couldn't tell you. I assumed that a big issue was all of the injuries.

Gotta agree here... Schwartz and Harbaugh are on different planets.
I bet he's getting his Harbaughs mixed up.

bleachercreacher said:
buddhacwru said:
mr roboto said:
fantasycurse42 said:
bleachercreacher said:
buddhacwru said:
BobbyLayne said:
fantasycurse42 said:
if only this were true

Is the problem with the Bears defense coaching? Honestly, I don't think I've caught a complete Bears game so I couldn't tell you. I assumed that a big issue was all of the injuries.
The problem is injuries on the defensive side. Jury is still out on Mel Tucker as Def. OC b/c of those injuries. And Julius Peppers only shows up every fourth game. He's old and not long for this league.

drummer said:
I don't think DET is gonna go anywhere with Schwartz. I feel bad for DET fans.
I feel bad for your wife. Check that, your blow up doll.

Users who are viewing this thread