What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Baltimore wins the Super Bowl! (1 Viewer)

spacevan

Footballguy
This team is going to go all the freakin' way! I won't bore you with reasons or stats. It just is a simple fact of smash you in the mouth football.

Not that it couldn't happen, but they will have to win in MIA, then in TEN, then in PIT/IND/SD. Very tough to do.

I like Flacco a lot, but do you remember Big Ben's first year in Pittsburgh? The team went 15-1, had home field advantage, was a similar physical team. But Ben made mistakes in the playoffs, because he was given disguised looks he had never seen in the regular season. The Steelers were extremely lucky to beat the Jets that year, and when the Pats came to town, it was all over.

The playoffs are a different animal. There is a reason rookie quarterbacks just don't perform well.

This team is going to go all the freakin' way! I won't bore you with reasons or stats. It just is a simple fact of smash you in the mouth football.
I think many agree that they are a nice dark horse. We've seen strong defenses carry teams very far. You might find a better debate trying to determine which team is the biggest long shot. The Dolphins / Cardinals / Vikings / Chargers all could be in the mix there.

In my playoff league I am picking only players from the following teams, as I think I can throw out the garbage on 6 teams.

NFC

Giants

Panthers

Eagles

AFC

Ravens

Steelers

Colts

You could pretty much form a great squad using these players and I think these 6 will get the most games out of the post season.

I think the winner comes from the above 6, even though I really didn't go out of the box. Defense wins a lot of close post season games.

I like Flacco a lot, but do you remember Big Ben's first year in Pittsburgh? The team went 15-1, had home field advantage, was a similar physical team. But Ben made mistakes in the playoffs, because he was given disguised looks he had never seen in the regular season. The Steelers were extremely lucky to beat the Jets that year, and when the Pats came to town, it was all over. The playoffs are a different animal. There is a reason rookie quarterbacks just don't perform well.
I'm hoping someone takes them out before they get to the Steelers. I agree that it's hard for a rookie QB to do well in the playoffs, but when that rookie has seen the same team for the 3rd time.........

I like this Ravens team a lot since they play at full tilt every single week. But their best is less than some of the other playoff teams' best and I'm afraid that's what they're gonna run into while on the road throughout this here tournament.

I like this Ravens team a lot since they play at full tilt every single week. But their best is less than some of the other playoff teams' best and I'm afraid that's what they're gonna run into while on the road throughout this here tournament.
:no: They have to have just about everything go their way to make a run deep into the playoffs - the margin for error is razor-thin with the Ravens & I don't know if they can count of 4 great games in a row.

Against playoff team they are 2-5...They beat Miami and Philly, lost to the Giants, Titans, Colts, and Steelers twice...I don't like their chances of running the table much past Miami.

Against playoff team they are 2-5...They beat Miami and Philly, lost to the Giants, Titans, Colts, and Steelers twice...I don't like their chances of running the table much past Miami.
:rolleyes: The Ravens defense also has a nasty habit of allowing long TD drives late in the 4th quarter.Anyting is possible in the NFL but I don't think this Ravens team is going to pull it off.

Users who are viewing this thread