What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Bargain Bin Dynasty Adds (looking towards the future) (1 Viewer)

loose circuits

Footballguy
So some of us have had teams that were depending on guys like Julio Jones, Randall Cobb, or any of the other studs that have been hurt or we thought Chris Givens would develop into WR2 status or T Rich would be a RB1. Needless to say our seasons aren't looking up from here on out. What are some players that we can look at as we look towards the future?

Some guys I've been looking at:

Brandon Bostick TE GBP: Has been scooped and dropped in some leagues after he hasn't produced. He's been a project so he might just need more seasoning. Quarless and Finley are both free agents next season so there is room for him to emerge in the future. If you have roster room, you could do worse

Stephen Burton WR Jax: I think this guys has as much short term as long term value. He was a physical project out of West Texas A&M. 6-2 220 with 4.4 wheels. He started to develop in Minnesota and looked good from what I saw of him the pre-season. He lost out on his roster spot to Joe Webb and was immediately claimed by waivers. Some people may not realize

DeVier Posey WR Hou: He has started to emerge as the WR3 in Houston ahead of Keshawn Martin. Looked to be emerging prior to his Achilles tear late last year. Nuk basically killed all his appeal and he was dropped in many leagues. With Andre Johnson turning 33 and this team looking like it could be changing from depending on Foster to Case Keenum chucking it around could Posey present some flier type of value?

I have a few more, but will add them as I acquire them because my league mates watch this site Trying to find roster spots by trading away veteran QBs for draft picks, but it isn't always easy. The QB market is weak right now unless you have a top guy. Never seen so many starting options on waiver wires like Wallace, Campbell, Thad Lewis previously, McCown, etc...

Any comments on these guys?

What are some guys that are unowned in most dynasty leagues that you have been watching?

Last edited by a moderator:
WW pickups I'm rostering for the future currently:

QB: Tyler Bray

RB: CJ Anderson, Mikel Leshoure, LaMichael James

WR: Danario Alexander, Charles Johnson, Quinton Patton

TE: Ladarius Green

ETA: these were WW pickups at the time I rostered... some of them aren't there now probably.

ETA: these were WW pickups at the time I rostered... some of them aren't there now probably.
What's the skinny on Charles Johnson?

Otherwise, I'm on board with all these except for Leshoure. Nothing to see there imo.

Agree with most of these.Add, if available Travis kelce

I was bigger on Johnson as a packer but the opportunity is there in Cleveland for him next year if healthy.

somebody dropped Patton in one of your leagues? I traded Powell for him and 2 4th's because I think he's the long term guy opposite Crabs. Was looking good prior to injury.

Probably nothing considering he's a 7th round pick who missed his rookie season, but he's a Julio Jones clone physically and was pretty dominant in small school ball despite running a grand total of two routes most of the time (bubble screens and bombs). So he's got monster ceiling if he hits.

The Packers drafted him, he hurt his MCL during camp and missed final cuts, then got added to the Packers' practice squad. The Browns signed him from there and afterwards discovered he had a torn ACL that the Packers had missed.

Unfortunately some rule or other related to prospects signed off other teams' practice squads makes him ineligible for IR, so he has to take up space on your FF roster for now.

Otherwise, I'm on board with all these except for Leshoure. Nothing to see there imo.
Raw Athlete with blown out knee. Can't be placed on IR yet because Cleveland claimed him off waivers. He's owned in 2 of my 3 leagues...

Not sure about Danario Alexander. Does his knees have any cartilage or ligaments left?

Raw Athlete with blown out knee. Can't be placed on IR yet because Cleveland claimed him off waivers. He's owned in 2 of my 3 leagues...

Not sure about Danario Alexander. Does his knees have any cartilage or ligaments left?
IIRC Danario is a FA next year as SD only signed him to1 year deal and he got hurt of course.

Im doubting his body is long for the NFL

Just to add to the list of guys that I'm currently holding.

Rishard Mathews

Levine Toilolo

LaMichael James

Khiry Robinson

C.J. Anderson, RB DEN: Great running option for their running scheme in Denver. What was a fairly crowded backfield has definitely begun to flesh itself out. If he can prove himself at the end of the season, and Moreno is not there next year he could easily split the load with Ball (or maybe get more carries than Ball).

Mark Harrison, WR NEP: This guy will be a boom or bust. Remember a lot of people clamoring that he may be the next Brandon Marshall, but injuries definitely derailed him this year and since he was raw he needed to be in camp to pan out. We'll see next year, but at 6'3", 231 and with 4.33 speed he could be great in NE.

Honorable mentions

Spencer Ware, RB SEA

Travis Kelce, TE KC

Marcus Wheaton, WR PIT

Steadman Bailey, WR STL

IIRC Danario is a FA next year as SD only signed him to1 year deal and he got hurt of course.

Im doubting his body is long for the NFL
Agree with this, but 6-8 games at his past level of per/game production would still be pretty valuable.
Yep. In large leagues you can't drop him because of the few big games he can have, but he isn't worth much as he's perhaps the most injury prone player in the league

Hoyer/QB/Cle. I really liked what I saw this year. Wouldn't be the 1st time that a QB knocked around before finally doing well.

Graham/RB/Hou and Johnson/RB/Hou. Either/both Foster and Tate (FA next year I think) could be gone in 2014. Grab Johnson, for sure, and watch him in the next couple of games. You can always drop him if you don't like what you see.

Wood/RB/ex Hou. I'm pretty sure he is on the Pats PS. They liked him in Houston until he got caught with a JOINT in his mouth. With NE, you never know. If you've got the space, ---.

Also like some of the other ones that have been posted.

Good thread...

I picked up Dion Lewis yesterday and stashed him on my taxi squad as a lottery ticket for next year. McGahee's likely done after this year, and I don't see Silent G as a feature back. Cleveland could bring in someone better this offseason, but IMO he's the most talented back currently on their roster. I've been a fan of his talent since his Philly days but he's always been stuck behind some very good players.

Good thread...

I picked up Dion Lewis yesterday and stashed him on my taxi squad as a lottery ticket for next year. McGahee's likely done after this year, and I don't see Silent G as a feature back. Cleveland could bring in someone better this offseason, but IMO he's the most talented back currently on their roster. I've been a fan of his talent since his Philly days but he's always been stuck behind some very good players.
I really like this one too. Forgot him in my post. Thought his running at PIT was very good (he has a nice 1st step towards the line, very decicive), and agree that he's never gotten a chance. Could be poor man's McCoy.

Scooped up Michael Smith TB 4.2 wheels and I had IR spot open after trading Julio and Cobb away. Playing time may be hard to come by next year, but there is talent there.

Also scooped Mark.Harrison after placing Smith on IR

Good thread...

I really like this one too. Forgot him in my post. Thought his running at PIT was very good (he has a nice 1st step towards the line, very decicive), and agree that he's never gotten a chance. Could be poor man's McCoy.
like him too and have him stashed on IR all year, figured that's where he would be in most leagues. Maybe the Lewis owner in yours got struck by injury or shallow rosters...

Rishard Mathews

Levine Toilolo

LaMichael James

Khiry Robinson
love what Ive seen from Rishard, but PT will be tough as Gibson, Wallace, and Hartline all.locked up for a while, right?

What's the future hold for LJames with Lattimore waiting in the wings?

PPR: May be gone now depending on league size, but Griff Whalen. 9 targets in his NFL debut. He's gonna soak up the underneath work.

Assume Wayne will be back in 2014, but Whalen's got a heck of an opportunity ahead of him the next 7 games to build himself a slot future with the team.

Trying to go for some ones that haven't been mentioned yet.

Damaris Johnson--if Desean goes down, he could maybe fill that role.

Jawan Jamison--Shanahan allegedly loves this kid and kept him hidden in preseason so we could stash him on the PS. Came out of school a year early to provide for his mother. If Morris were to go down, you could be looking at the fill-in here, with Helu keeping his current role.

Some few guys I'm intrigued by who might be available even in deep leagues.

Brock Osweiler - You've seen the rest of the players on that offense, right?

Denard Robinson - #2 RB in Jacksonville now, Maurice Jones-Drew could easily be gone sooner than later.

C.J. Anderson - See comments for Brock Osweiler.

Jeff Demps - I'm extremely pessimistic unless he gives up track, but he's as fast as Trindon Holliday and a more natural runner. Could easily earn a CoP role and get extra value in return yardage leagues.

Dujuan Harris - Remember when Green Bay said that he was going to be the starter entering the season? I'm willing to bet no one else in your league does, either. He's not beating out Lacy, but he might carve out a role, still.

Andre Roberts - Free agent after the season = worth a dice roll.

Arrelious Benn - Waaaaaaaay off the radar, but has a chance to earn that #2 WR job in Philly. As Riley Cooper has demonstrated, that's a very good thing.

Tavarres King - bad: seems to have some work ethic issues. Good: Three franchises have shown interest in him this season, he'll probably get some play time at some point.

Gavin Escobar / Vance McDonald - no way should these guys be on the street, but I've seen them available in some leagues, so it's worth checking.

Levine Toilolo - Tony Gonzalez is absolutely, positively, 100% gone after this season. Toilolo is HUGE (6'8"), and could be a big factor in the red zone next year.

Denard Robinson - #2 RB in Jacksonville now, Maurice Jones-Drew could easily be gone sooner than later.

Jeff Demps - I'm extremely pessimistic unless he gives up track, but he's as fast as Trindon Holliday and a more natural runner. Could easily earn a CoP role and get extra value in return yardage leagues.

Dujuan Harris - Remember when Green Bay said that he was going to be the starter entering the season? I'm willing to bet no one else in your league does, either. He's not beating out Lacy, but he might carve out a role, still.

Arrelious Benn - Waaaaaaaay off the radar, but has a chance to earn that #2 WR job in Philly. As Riley Cooper has demonstrated, that's a very good thing.

Tavarres King - bad: seems to have some work ethic issues. Good: Three franchises have shown interest in him this season, he'll probably get some play time at some point.

Gavin Escobar / Vance McDonald - no way should these guys be on the street, but I've seen them available in some leagues, so it's worth checking.

Levine Toilolo - Tony Gonzalez is absolutely, positively, 100% gone after this season. Toilolo is HUGE (6'8"), and could be a big factor in the red zone next year.
Nice list. I've been adding Denard Robinson wherever I can.

Arrelious Benn was waaay off my radar. Good call. So its safe to say Philly is done with Maclin? I have him stashed on IR in one of my leagues, do you see him landing somewhere and making an impact next year?

I may just swap Maclin/Benn now

Latavius Murray? The starter in Oakland isn't exactly known for his durability, and Murray could win over the main backup RB spot next year

I've gotten Gerhart and Greene off waivers this season. I think both of those guys fall squarely in the "not good enough to demand a starting job, but good enough to thrive if given carries" bucket. I like the Quinton Patton shout if the price is reasonable. Not a huge upside there, but potential to become a FF WR2-WR3 eventually.

loose circuits said:
GeeYouknit said:

Rishard Mathews

Levine Toilolo

LaMichael James

Khiry Robinson
love what Ive seen from Rishard, but PT will be tough as Gibson, Wallace, and Hartline all.locked up for a while, right?
Well Gibson is out for the year so Rishard should have an opportunity over the next 7 weeks.

loose circuits said:
GeeYouknit said:

Rishard Mathews

Levine Toilolo

LaMichael James

Khiry Robinson
Well Gibson is out for the year so Rishard should have an opportunity over the next 7 weeks.
True but contract wise from a quick search it seems as though they are all locked up for a minimum of 3 years, just to answer your question.

tone1oc said:
Adam Harstad said:

Nice list. I've been adding Denard Robinson wherever I can.

Arrelious Benn was waaay off my radar. Good call. So its safe to say Philly is done with Maclin? I have him stashed on IR in one of my leagues, do you see him landing somewhere and making an impact next year?

I may just swap Maclin/Benn now
Maclin's a free agent after the season. Philly could re-sign him if they want, but he's not currently under contract for 2014, and Benn is. I'd still much prefer Maclin to Benn, though, because even if Philly doesn't sign him, I have to think SOME team is going to give him a shot, possibly with the intention of making him a starter. Benn's a pure "why the hell not?" longshot flier. Maclin's a much higher-probability play.

ETA: I'd have to go DEEEEEEEEP- like, silly deep- before I'd be interested in adding Benn. For a point of reference, my deepest dynasty league currently has 289 offensive players rostered (i.e. not counting kickers or defenses), including Benn himself since we have such generous IR rules (no limit to number of IR spots, provided the player is actually on the IR). Despite that, by my count, there are 11 names on my watch list that I would rather own than Benn right now (including most of the other guys on my list, which borrows heavily from my watch list in that league). Like I said, you'd have to get silly deep before I'd consider him worth rostering, but I do know that some people play in leagues that are silly deep, so he was a name I added in just in case anyone was thinking "hey, all those other guys are already rostered in my league!"

Another guy who is injured and WELL off the radar, but who has an opportunity to make some noise next year is Joe Morgan with the Saints. Everything Kenny Stills is this year, Joe Morgan was last year, and he could potentially be again next year at a dramatically cheaper price tag.

Da'Rick Rogers - Total bonehead, but has talent is there and Andrew Luck is his QB. Was signed late so he's low on the pecking order this year. With Wayne coming off an ACL injury and DHB on a one-year deal, he should be given the opportunity to show what he's got in camp next year.

Marquess Wilson - 6'3 with a lot talent. Also has some character issues, but not they're not as concerning as Da'Rick. Only 21 years old. Bears don't have much depth behind Marshall and Jeffrey.

TE

Luke Willson - 6'5 with a 4.51 40. From Canada, but played at Rice. Very raw, but has upside. Already playing in two TE sets and his only competition is Zach Miller.

Joseph Fauria - Probably already on a lot of rosters, but people see him exclusively as a TD vulture. Has a chance to grow into a bigger role. He's been praised for his route running. Scheffler is gone; Pettigrew is a UFA next year. Good buy low candidate.

Adrien Robinson - Myers came in on a one-year deal and it seemed like they were going to groom Robinson to be the guy for next year, but he's been dealing with a foot injury all year. Was called the "JPP of tight ends" by the Giants GM. 6'4, long arms, with raw talent.

Fred Davis - UFA next year. He's showed flashes, but can't stay healthy or keep his head on straight. If your rosters big enough, why not?

IR Special

WR Danario Alexander
RB Ahmad Bradshaw

TE Jermichael Finley
TE Dustin Keller
WR Ryan Broyles

RB Vick Ballard
WR Joseph Morgan
RB Latavius Murray
TE David Ausberry

You may be thinking "but his NFL career could be over", repeatedly, as you read this list. And you're probably right about some of them. But which?

I was just thinking about Dion Lewis the other day and how awesome he looked in the pre-season (had me nervous as a Trent owner hoping I could handcuff with Lewis in the Rookie/FA draft in our league). I think he's completely off the radar... just added him to an open IR spot in my league...

Happened to search his name on Twitter, and about an hour ago we get this article: On comeback trail from injury, running back Dion Lewis believes he has bright future with Browns

An excerpt:

The Browns, though, know what Lewis can do. Wide receivers coach Scott Turner, the son of offensive coordinator Norv Turner, was as assistant for the University of Pittsburgh when Lewis played there. And Browns CEO Joe Banner was the president of the Philadelphia Eagles when the drafted Lewis in the fifth round in 2011.

With those connections and his determination, Lewis believes he’ll get a chance to earn a role as a feature back next season.

“I feel like when I come back, I’ll come back and compete,” Lewis said. “Nobody’s going to be given a job. So I feel like if I come back and I compete and I’m able to do things I can do, I’ll be fine.”

What do you guys think about Housler or Bostick? I like Bosticks athleticism and I'd imagine he'd get the start next year assuming they don't draft somebody and Finley doesn't come back. Housler is a starter now and starting to show some life, but I still think Arizona has a ways to go before they can have any reliable fantasy studs.

What do you guys think about Housler or Bostick? I like Bosticks athleticism and I'd imagine he'd get the start next year assuming they don't draft somebody and Finley doesn't come back. Housler is a starter now and starting to show some life, but I still think Arizona has a ways to go before they can have any reliable fantasy studs.
Housler was on everyones radar before the start of the season. Kind of dissappoinment so far. I think it has more to do with Palmer than Housler. I have picked him up in a couple of leagues. Maybe they will get him more involved.

IR Special

RB Vick Ballard

RB Latavius Murray
Who is the better Dynasty Stash for RB? With Trent's struggles, Donald Brown a FA, doubt Bradshaw is back, Ballard is still under contract and may have some type of role next to trent next season. I'm assuming Ballard is kept over Brown, he should be cheaper than Brown. On the other hand, will McFadden be back? Who takes over?

Lamichael James is another guy I'm throwing in as a RB stash possibility. Now hes not hurt, but Gore isn't getting any younger, Lattimore is a question mark right now. Kendall Hunter is still there, that situation seems a little crowded.

Users who are viewing this thread